Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

uuee6543

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2015
Are there any leather alternatives to FineWoven from third parties that match Apple’s last year leather case quality? Ideally in the same colours as FineWoven. Also with MagSafe of course. And ideally a matching Wallet.

I saw Mod Phone Case + Wallet from Bellroy which seems high quality but the colours aren’t quite right. Any other alternatives?

My requirements:
- the case needs to be leather
- magsafe
- identical colours to FineWoven case colours
- identical build to last year’s apple leather cases

The case needs to be available either in the UK or in the US. Help appreciated!

Lifeisabeach

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2022
You can check the colors yourself, but Mujjo has cases ready to go for the iPhones 15. I've been rocking one on my iPhone Xr for nearly 5 years and have been happy enough with it. I wanted to go with Bullstrap for my iP15P, but they won't be available until the end of next month.

Reactions: Jumpie

Legendary---

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2015
I’ve looked over all the brands that were listed above ^ & Mujjo is the only one that comes close to Apple’s

Thinness, design, and quality IMO

If someone else has another brand that clone’s Apple’s leather cases closer, let us know

Willy2015

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2015
Are there any leather alternatives to FineWoven from third parties that match Apple’s last year leather case quality? Ideally in the same colours as FineWoven. Also with MagSafe of course. And ideally a matching Wallet.

I saw Mod Phone Case + Wallet from Bellroy which seems high quality but the colours aren’t quite right. Any other alternatives?

My requirements:
- the case needs to be leather
- magsafe
- identical colours to FineWoven case colours
- identical build to last year’s apple leather cases

The case needs to be available either in the UK or in the US. Help appreciated!
I got the Nomad Modern Leather case for IP 15 ProMax. $50. And it is Climate Neutral certified. Box says Proudly Carbon Neutral since 2020

Reactions: Surf Monkey

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
I like the way Mujjo's leather cases look, but when I bought one last year for my 14PM, the buttons were nearly unusable. Hopefully they've fixed that.

Reactions: midkay

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
Sure you want that? Many people are quite disappointed in the quality of Apple leather cases over the past couple of years.

FranApple

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2020
Sure you want that? Many people are quite disappointed in the quality of Apple leather cases over the past couple of years.

I haven’t used Apple cases since I discovered Caudabe so I agree with you there. I’ve always hated the silicone cases and now this FineWoven (worst name ever?) seems like a disaster from what I’ve been able to tell.

Reactions: Wxchaser

dragon4ever

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2010
Bullstrap, Andar, Nomad, Mujjo to name a few...
These cases are bulkier than Apple’s. Apple made the slimmest leather cases. Pre iPhone 11 was when the leather quality was top notch. I haven’t seen the Andar case in person, but the others are too bulky.

RPhoto

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2010
Surrey, UK
I like the way Mujjo's leather cases look, but when I bought one last year for my 14PM, the buttons were nearly unusable. Hopefully they've fixed that.
Hmmm that doesn’t bode well. I have one on order. Hopefully you were just unlucky or there was an issue that’s now resolved!

Reactions: Synomenon

Lifeisabeach

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2022
Hmmm that doesn’t bode well. I have one on order. Hopefully you were just unlucky or there was an issue that’s now resolved!

I have one ordered as well. I have a Mujjo on my Xr and the buttons are fine on this one, but they appear to have modified the style since then. On my case, the buttons that press into the iPhone's buttons are a part of the case itself and are kinda "spongy", I guess you could say. The new ones are made of metal according to their site, so they aren't going to be integrated in the same way. We'll see how this fares.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
How are Nomad leather cases? I'm looking for something comparable to Apple's leather case, something thin, light, and easy to press metal buttons.

Hedo

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2016
I got the Nomad Modern Leather case for IP 15 ProMax. $50. And it is Climate Neutral certified. Box says Proudly Carbon Neutral since 2020

Could you post some pics of it? I see that their buttons this year are metal and looks like they´ve got a groove on each side of the TPU where the earlier iterations didn´t have this. And are the bottom part a bit sharp, the 14-series weren´t very «pinky-friendly» on the Pro Max because of the phones weight and sharp edges.

Jeff5i

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2005
IMG_0004.jpeg
Anything available for launch with an open bottom like this case?

DaveCPA

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2023
Nomad is fantastic and I ordered one immediately after my phone.

However, they do have the rubbery sides, which some may not care for.

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
Going to give Mujjo another shot (my 14PM case from them had unusable buttons). Will also try the Decoded. Both seem closest to the Apple branded leather cases in design.

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
This is how the 15 Pro case buttons look. How does that compare to your old case?

The buttons on that case look like they stick out farther than the buttons on the 14PM case. When I put the Mujjo case on my PM, none of the buttons could be "pressed".

Reactions: midkay

RPhoto

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2010
Surrey, UK
The buttons on that case look like they stick out farther than the buttons on the 14PM case. When I put the Mujjo case on my PM, none of the buttons could be "pressed".
These buttons stick out about twice as far as the ones on the Apple leather case. I’m undecided if I’ll keep this is a secondary case but I’ll see what it’s like once the phone is here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.