Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Jeff5i

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2005
I consider that a case with leather slapped onto the back, not an actual leather case.

They look nice. Don't like the open bottom though.
Andar cases for iPhone 15 have full coverage. They changed that with the iPhone 14x
Yes, it has a button for the action button. It's not just a cut-out. Here are some pics of the sides. I took one of the action/volume buttons from the inside also.

View attachment 2267664 View attachment 2267665 View attachment 2267667 View attachment 2267670
That looks pretty great for $25. Interested how you like it with the phone in it.

Reactions: Surf Monkey

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
The decoded case has just landed and I am seriously impressed.

Slim like Apples, metal navy buttons, the camera ring is also metal navy (not black as per the wesbite), magsafe feels strong (only tested with my apple wallet), a real soft quality leather that smells like leather. This will hopefully patina amazingly. It feels like Apple cases of old. This will not be returned and will be the case I'm going to run. Hope it lives up to what seems like a very premium case.

Pictures will be uploaded, asap.

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
I ordered one to try out. It seems like a nice case. Of course I won't be able to really try it out until Friday, but the MagSafe is strong and the case appears well made and looks like it will hold up. Ignore the blotchy look in the pics... it's tree shadows from outside. It's actually all one very even color. I like the 0 branding. It was really packaged well, too. It came in a velvet bag inside a nice box with a ribbon keeping the lid on, like a present.

View attachment 2267232 View attachment 2267233

I see two different versions of Lonli cases. They have the Classic and the Edition. They look the same. Which one did you order?

Also, do you have an older applet leather case (13PM or 14PM) to compare bulk? I love the thinness of the Apple Leather cases.

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
I see two different versions of Lonli cases. They have the Classic and the Edition. They look the same. Which one did you order?

I ordered the Classic. The Edition appears to have a cutout for the action button.

Also, do you have an older applet leather case (13PM or 14PM) to compare bulk? I love the thinness of the Apple Leather cases.

I've been using the Apple leather case for my 14 Pro (not Max) since I got it. I don't like bulky cases either and the Lonli case seems very comparable.

Turbobird

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2020
These buttons stick out about twice as far as the ones on the Apple leather case. I’m undecided if I’ll keep this is a secondary case but I’ll see what it’s like once the phone is here.
I received a couple of Mujjo cases today and the buttons look better than the one you received. I would either exchange or return. Now I'm curious about how the buttons will feel once on the phone.....
IMG_6295.jpeg
IMG_6294.jpeg

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
I’ve looked over all the brands that were listed above ^ & Mujjo is the only one that comes close to Apple’s

Thinness, design, and quality IMO

If someone else has another brand that clone’s Apple’s leather cases closer, let us know
Andar and Bullstrap (and Nomad) all have better quality leather to Apple's leather cases. I have had a Bullstrap before, and I have the Andar and Nomad for my 14 Pro, and I had the Apple leather for it as well. Among those, the Apple was by far the worst quality of the three. Terrible sticky feel from time to time, no leather smell... The others all have very nice quality leather and fit. I ordered the dark brown Andar for my 15 Pro, and have a bourbon Bullstrap on pre-order (I mix up cases on the regular)

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
How are Nomad leather cases? I'm looking for something comparable to Apple's leather case, something thin, light, and easy to press metal buttons.
Nomad is nice, but it isn't like Apple's case, as it has a TPU edge. Best analogue for the apple case is the Andar Aspen, which is like the Apple case but higher quality. Camera cutout and buttons are metal, good quality and durable full grain leather.

Reactions: tdbrown75

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
Anyone try Vaja cases recently?

I had one for my Xs and it was very nice. All buttons and bottom edge were exposed though.

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
Anyone try Vaja cases recently?

I had one for my Xs and it was very nice. All buttons and bottom edge were exposed though.
My wife has their wallet portfolio case and it has held up great for two years now. Great quality leather. Got her another one in for her iPhone 15 Pro Max and it is there newer style V-Mag system case. Curious to see how that is.

Think will get their V-Mag case for my iPhone too.

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
I ordered a Andar and both styles of Lonli cases (Classic & Edition).

I received the Lonli Classic today. I was expecting a slightly bulkier case than what Apple has traditionally offered but was I ever wrong. It looks and feels just as slim as Apples case. I am VERY impressed.

I should get the Lonli Edition tomorrow and the Andar on Friday.

This blows away Apples POS Fine Woven Case.

Cozmosis

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2011
Baltimore, MD
I had a Lonli case for my 13 Pro max - the feel in hand is good but whatever leather they are using is treated in some fashion where it doesn't patina at all. I used the saddle tan variant for over a year and aside from scrapes and scratches - no patina.

Reactions: JohnnyChuttz

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
I had a Lonli case for my 13 Pro max - the feel in hand is good but whatever leather they are using is treated in some fashion where it doesn't patina at all. I used the saddle tan variant for over a year and aside from scrapes and scratches - no patina.
I completely understand that point.
For me I ordered black so patina doesn't matter to me. The reason I want leather is that for me it's the perfect amount of grip without attracting dust and lint.

just1

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2011
France

I received the Lonli Classic today. I was expecting a slightly bulkier case than what Apple has traditionally offered but was I ever wrong. It looks and feels just as slim as Apples case. I am VERY impressed.

Can you please share some photos of this 3 cases when you receive them ?
I can’t make a choice and it can be helpful.
Thanks.

Wowzera

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
Brazil

Do you mind sharing what’s the difference between Lonli Classic vs Lonli Edition?

FlyingScot

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2008
South Florida
I have an Andar Aspen case ordered for my iPhone 15 Pro Max. I realize there is only a cutout for the action button. I want to see how that works - I like the idea of the action button being somewhat protected from being inadvertently activated. BUT - need to be sure can use without difficult. Love my Ultra Watch but it is easy to mistakenly activate the Action button. Will report back when case arrives - phone comes in 9/22

Beyonder88

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2017
I second the Andar aspen leather case.

I got the stone grey for the 14PM. Now after a year it has turned into a beautiful dark brown color along with the natural scuffs. Patina really well.

One plus point the leather is really sturdy and good quality. It offered protection surprisingly. Dropped it several times and banged em on walls doors etc. and 0 damage. Also any scratches you can buff em with your fingers and good to go!

Minus points the MagSafe is weak and the metallic parts drop paint if you hit them accidentally (which I covered up with permanent markers). Hope they solve these problems with the 15PM.

Waiting for the stone grey to be available before ordering.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.