Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

J Ham

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2020
Really want the Andar Aspen but I'm holding out to see if they release one with a cover on the button. Otherwise it would be the perfect replacement

Reactions: tdbrown75

CooKieMoNs7eR

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2009
For some reason I can't find a leather case just like the apple ones, either buttons aren't clicky, or bottom cut out isn't fully covered or action button isn't covered, I just want a leather case just like apple leather cases.

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
For some reason I can't find a leather case just like the apple ones, either buttons aren't clicky, or bottom cut out isn't fully covered or action button isn't covered, I just want a leather case just like apple leather cases.

Reactions: JohnnyChuttz

CooKieMoNs7eR

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2009

I've had lonli for my iphone 14 pro max, the buttons aren't as clicky as apple's and for some reason the case it self felt super tight on the phone.....I haven't tried the mujjo ones

Tibits

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2011
I just want a leather case just like apple leather cases.
This is me. I’m so annoyed by Apple’s decision to discontinue their leather cases that I’m actually considering not upgrading because of it. I tried a Bullstrap case last year, and while the leather was good quality, it just did not fit as well. I returned it and got another Apple case.

Vulcan4770

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2010
Anyone used a Bellroy leather case? These look close also but have a button cutout.

I also see they are mostly leather, looks like a rubber top bumper.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-21 at 5.21.02 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-21 at 5.21.02 PM.png
    940.7 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Reactions: kvlq

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
I received the Andar Aspen case but they sent the wrong one. They sent a tan Pro not a black Pro Max

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
I got the other Lonli case. So I now have both the Classic and the Edition.
Both have exactly the same button configuration (no cutout).
The only difference between the two is the leather. The Edition is marked as full grain leather and the Classic is not labeled full grain so I assume it is top grain.
Both feel very good but the Edition feels a little better. It feels a lot like an Apple case when it’s new. I’ll try to get some pics in a little while.

^_^

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2016
I got the other Lonli case. So I now have both the Classic and the Edition.
Both have exactly the same button configuration (no cutout).
The only difference between the two is the leather. The Edition is marked as full grain leather and the Classic is not labeled full grain so I assume it is top grain.
Both feel very good but the Edition feels a little better. It feels a lot like an Apple case when it’s new. I’ll try to get some pics in a little while.
wait, so the Edition case does have a button and not a cutout?! So their preview pics are misleading?!

@mac_head, it sounds like you may have rushed with your decision to rule out Lonli (saying $25 is too cheap and that it looks plasticy)... I'm also after the "perfect" leather case (no open bottom, no cut-out, not bulky, etc.), and based on @rstark18's latest comment, it sounds like it just might be the one 👀 We'll know soon enough

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
Those look very nice, especially for the price. I think one develops patina and the other does not - right? Are they similar in size to the Apple leather cases?

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
Those look very nice, especially for the price. I think one develops patina and the other does not - right? Are they similar in size to the Apple leather cases?
Based on the look and feel it seems the Edition might develop more patina than the Classic. They are both very similar in size/bulk as the leather Apple cases.

Reactions: Synomenon

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
My Aspen arrived today along with my 15 Pro. Same great case as before. I do wish they had a button for the action button rather than a cutout, but it does help differentiate it. Wonderful leather quality.
JS7_2232.jpeg

Reactions: limesmoothie

canyonblue737

macrumors 68020
Jan 10, 2005
Against my better judgement I'm giving Finewoven a try (I love the day 1 look of my natural Titanium 15 Pro with the brown Finewoven case) but if you want leather... BULLSTRAP is incredible, the quality of the leather, fit and finish and patina is MILES ahead of the last few years of Apple leather cases for iPhone.

Turbobird

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2020
I received a couple of Mujjo cases today and the buttons look better than the one you received. I would either exchange or return. Now I'm curious about how the buttons will feel once on the phone..... View attachment 2269747 View attachment 2269748
Received my 15PM at lunch today. The cases fit really tight, and overall feel of the case is nice but... (there is always a but) the buttons stick out more than I like. Is it a nit pick? Maybe, but if I'm dropping $60 on a case, I want to love it. So everything goes back and the search continues!

Reactions: Synomenon

JohnnyChuttz

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2017
Took a chance on the InUnion for my 15PM. Seems nice out of the box. Feels great, sharp cutouts, and buttons look nice. Aluminum Camera ring and smells like real leather. Next to ~8mo Lonli

Attachments

• IMG_8825.jpeg
    IMG_8825.jpeg
    380.9 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_8823.jpeg
    IMG_8823.jpeg
    539.4 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_8827.jpeg
    IMG_8827.jpeg
    495.8 KB · Views: 188
Reactions: VSMacOne

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
Took a chance on the InUnion for my 15PM. Seems nice out of the box. Feels great, sharp cutouts, and buttons look nice. Aluminum Camera ring and smells like real leather. Next to ~8mo Lonli
That looks really nice. Is it minimalistic like the Apple leather cases were? Do you prefer it to the Lonli?

JohnnyChuttz

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2017
That looks really nice. Is it minimalistic like the Apple leather cases were? Do you prefer it to the Lonli?
Yes, looks quite slim, edges are slimmer than the Lonli and hugged my daughter’s 14+ nicely.

The Lonli(Classic) is nice, looks good, and is very durable( hardly a mark afte several drops), but it doesn’t really seem like leather. 0 patina.

The InUnion seems like it will patina just fine. We’ll see.

Attachments

• IMG_8831.jpeg
    IMG_8831.jpeg
    413.6 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_8832.jpeg
    IMG_8832.jpeg
    305 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_8829.jpeg
    IMG_8829.jpeg
    621.9 KB · Views: 176

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2012
IMG_2280.jpeg
IMG_2281.jpeg

I got the blue finewoven and I’m not a fan of the feel. Whoever said it feels like an old cheap couch nailed it. My andar aspen (camel tan) also came today and man it’s so close to being perfect but I think the action button cutout just ruins it. There is no way to press the action button using the phone one handed. You have to use your other hand and really dig down in there to activate it. Maybe if you have skinny little fingers it’s easier? It really sucks because I love the leather quality and it’s only slightly thicker than the fine woven case. It is a little heavier as well but doesn’t seem like a huge difference. Not sure what to do at this point. The FW is going back for sure. The aspen probably is too.

H_D

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2021
Ordered Ryan London, Fine Woven and Native Union, which arrived yesterday and today was fitted to the 15P. Very nice fit and nice design and I like the Yatay case but MagSafe is a bit weaker than Apple leather case and — the buttons are not metal but just blobs on the case material which makes using them real awkward. So Iwill probably return this and ordered a Mujjo instead as that seems very close to the original Apple case. Fine woven sounds like it will be returned as well after seeing the iFixit report on stains and scratches. In real leather, you can polish all of this away. Not with plastic like Nylon, Ripstop, Goretex etc.
Maybe Errolson Hugh should design a fabric case for Apple, he seems to know his way around these materials. 😉

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
View attachment 2276721 View attachment 2276724
I got the blue finewoven and I’m not a fan of the feel. Whoever said it feels like an old cheap couch nailed it. My andar aspen (camel tan) also came today and man it’s so close to being perfect but I think the action button cutout just ruins it. There is no way to press the action button using the phone one handed. You have to use your other hand and really dig down in there to activate it. Maybe if you have skinny little fingers it’s easier? It really sucks because I love the leather quality and it’s only slightly thicker than the fine woven case. It is a little heavier as well but doesn’t seem like a huge difference. Not sure what to do at this point. The FW is going back for sure. The aspen probably is too.

Why don’t you try out the Lonli Edition. It feels pretty much the same as the Andar. The difference being the Andar feels a little thicker.
Brown is Andar, black is Lonli.

NaS3Cfq.jpg

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
Natural in a Lonli Edition — kitchen light and sunlight. I like the case. It fits tightly and the buttons are satisfyingly clicky. Not sure if I'm a fan of the brown with the gray titanium. I may need to get a black case also. I think I'll keep this one, though, and use it for a bit to see if I want to keep looking.

I think it's a tiny bit bigger than the Apple leather case, but not so much that you'd notice it. It certainly isn't chunky at all.

Attachments

• IMG_8118.jpeg
    IMG_8118.jpeg
    324.8 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_8120.jpeg
    IMG_8120.jpeg
    473.6 KB · Views: 207
Reactions: xfusejc

bbbobbb

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2006
You can check the colors yourself, but Mujjo has cases ready to go for the iPhones 15. I've been rocking one on my iPhone Xr for nearly 5 years and have been happy enough with it. I wanted to go with Bullstrap for my iP15P, but they won't be available until the end of next month.
Sadly just recalled by the vendor at amazon and refunds sent -- the mag charger doesn’t work, ooooops.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.