Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
These buttons stick out about twice as far as the ones on the Apple leather case. I’m undecided if I’ll keep this is a secondary case but I’ll see what it’s like once the phone is here.
That case in your photos is a Decoded?

JerseyJon

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2013
Lonli is available on Amazon for the 15 series. 0 branding as well. Anyone have any experience with them?

tevion

macrumors member
Apr 2, 2009
Well I’m ready for my iPhone 15 Pro Max to arrive on launch day! Bye bye iPhone 14 Pro Max

IMG_6963.jpeg

IMG_6964.jpeg

GLS

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2010
I get phones every two years, and I had only used Apple leather cases. So, when I went from an 11 to a 13, and just blindly ordered a Apple leather case. I was disappointed with what I received. It was in no way, shape or form like the leather cases Apple offered for the 11 series of phones, or the older models.

Looked around for a bit, thought the Andar looked good, picked one up and I've used it two years. It looks and feels great, even after all this time.

Ordered two of their Aspen model cases (brown, red) for my 15 Pro Max from Andar before I even ordered the phone. I even have their version of a magsafe wallet. Highly recommended.

Last edited:
Reactions: iScone

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
I consider that a case with leather slapped onto the back, not an actual leather case.
I get phones every two years, and I had only used Apple leather cases. So, when I went from an 11 to a 13, and just blindly ordered a Apple leather case. I was disappointed with what I received. It was in no way, shape or form like the leather cases Apple offered for the 11 series of phones, or the older models.

Looked around for a bit, thought the Andar looked good, picked one up and I've used it two years. It looks and feels great, even after all this time.

Ordered two of their Aspen model cases (brown, red) for my 15 Pro Max from Andar before I even ordered the phone. I even have their version of a magsafe wallet. Highly recommended.
They look nice. Don't like the open bottom though.

Jeff5i

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2005
I consider that a case with leather slapped onto the back, not an actual leather case.

They look nice. Don't like the open bottom though.
Andar cases for iPhone 15 have full coverage. They changed that with the iPhone 14.

Orion025

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2010
Here you go op: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805851196083.html?
No reviews yet if anyone wants to TOFTT.
Description says FineWoven but the pictures and box clearly show leather versions of the FineWoven cases. There are other stores with similar items but this has the most sold that I could find on a quick search. I'm assuming the wallets will follow soon.

Leather IPhone 15 cases.png

Leather 15-2 copy.jpg

Iphone 15-3.jpeg

Last edited:

learjet

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2021
How tall is the raised edge around the display, regarding the options mentioned here (Mujjo, Bullstrap, Andar Aspen, etc.): I use „swipe from the left edge“ (navigate backwards) and „swipe down at the bottom edge“ (Reachability) gestures constantly. Raised edges protect the display, but complicate those gestures. Therefore I‘d prefer a leather case without raised edges around the display, or rather minimally raised edges, preferably in combination with a cutout at the bottom. Can you recommend a case like that?

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
Vaja makes some of the best leather cases. My wife has used hers for around 2 years now and held up nicely. Pricey though.

I wish Apple just kept making their leather cases. Makes no sense.

RPhoto

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2010
Surrey, UK
Vaja makes some of the best leather cases. My wife has used hers for around 2 years now and held up nicely. Pricey though.

I wish Apple just kept making their leather cases. Makes no sense.
They look great, except for the cutouts for all the buttons. From the photos the build etc looks exceptional though 👌

iScone

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
How tall is the raised edge around the display, regarding the options mentioned here (Mujjo, Bullstrap, Andar Aspen, etc.): I use „swipe from the left edge“ (navigate backwards) and „swipe down at the bottom edge“ (Reachability) gestures constantly. Raised edges protect the display, but complicate those gestures. Therefore I‘d prefer a leather case without raised edges around the display, or rather minimally raised edges, preferably in combination with a cutout at the bottom. Can you recommend a case like that?

That's not something I'd even considered until somebody made a helpful post here.

The Caudabe Sheath doesn't seem to have any kind of lip around the screen at all, so it would be perfect for gestures, but not so great for a front-screen drop.

learjet

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2021
That's not something I'd even considered until somebody made a helpful post here.

The Caudabe Sheath doesn't seem to have any kind of lip around the screen at all, so it would be perfect for gestures, but not so great for a front-screen drop.
Thank you. I'd really prefer a leather case, so the Andar Aspen it is? How pronounced is the display lip for the Bullstrap or Mujjo leather case? For me it's complicated: I live in Europe, so I can't just order all of them to try them out (I don't think there are free returns from Europe).

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
Lonli is available on Amazon for the 15 series. 0 branding as well. Anyone have any experience with them?

I ordered one to try out. It seems like a nice case. Of course I won't be able to really try it out until Friday, but the MagSafe is strong and the case appears well made and looks like it will hold up. Ignore the blotchy look in the pics... it's tree shadows from outside. It's actually all one very even color. I like the 0 branding. It was really packaged well, too. It came in a velvet bag inside a nice box with a ribbon keeping the lid on, like a present.

IMG_7983.jpeg
IMG_7984.jpeg

Ryxmd

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2014
I have been buying the Apple leather cases for the past few years with each new iPhone I upgrade to. As everyone knows, this year no Apple leather case. I decided to order the finewoven instead. It’s going back. It feels and looks horrible for a $59 case. If it was $20, I may keep it and try it out.

I decided to buy the Bellroy leather case. I’m a huge fan of their leather wallets. I had a Apple leather case for my iPhone 14 Pro Max that had great patina but then turned extremely used. I decided to buy the Bellroy Mode Phone Case for my iPhone 14 PM and I like it a lot.

Bellroy has 2 versions for the iPhone 15. The ‘Phone Case’ and ‘Mod Phone Case’. I went with the Phone Case this time. Both versions have MagSafe.

JerseyJon

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2013
I ordered one to try out. It seems like a nice case. Of course I won't be able to really try it out until Friday, but the MagSafe is strong and the case appears well made and looks like it will hold up. Ignore the blotchy look in the pics... it's tree shadows from outside. It's actually all one very even color. I like the 0 branding. It was really packaged well, too. It came in a velvet bag inside a nice box with a ribbon keeping the lid on, like a present.

View attachment 2267232 View attachment 2267233
Thank you for this! Looks awesome. Can you confirm that there is a button for the action button? If not too much of a pain can you post a few button photos. Thanks again!

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Andar, best case ever.
I’m glad so far to see positive comments on this brand. I follow Technically Tee on Twitter and some of his reviews. He’s got a gorgeous red leather case collaboration with Andar that I want for the Blue Titanium. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a prettier red!

But I’m not ordering until I’m sure I can keep the phone due to my annoying migraine sensitivity to some iPhone displays.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.