Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Cotypubby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2020
That looks great! Any color bleed on yours with wet hands? Or color transfer to clothes?
Nope, nothing I’ve noticed so far. There was a spot from my jeans pocket that transferred the other way (the top right corner has a little blue spot on it) so I won’t use this case when wearing dark jeans, but haven’t seen any color coming from the case.

DR3MCLAREN

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2021
Calgary Canada
Nope, nothing I’ve noticed so far. There was a spot from my jeans pocket that transferred the other way (the top right corner has a little blue spot on it) so I won’t use this case when wearing dark jeans, but haven’t seen any color coming from the case.
I love what denim does to leather. Adds so much character. Whenever I wear jeans I make sure to leave my phone in my pocket.

wolfboy

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2010
I ordered a new case and have to pay additional shipping costs. But they will give me a free MagSafe stand (worth 35 dollars), so I think it’s ok.
That's some strange compensation. Instead of just sending you a new case, they sent over a magsafe stand...for a case that got damaged from magsafe lol. Kind of insulting.

If anything, you can sell the stand to recoup some costs at least.

Cotypubby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2020
15 Pro yes. Sorry I don’t have a scale to measure the weight. Feels lighter than Caudade sheath, heavier than FineWoven.

Reactions: LoveMyPens

kvlq

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2015
b83a15d6923b990a346941d71bb83c9e.jpg

My Keyway 15 Pro whiskey case finally came after importing to the UK myself. Wasn’t the cheapest, but imo was worth every penny that it’s cost me! Will post up more pictures later.
im in the same boat.. absolutely love the way it looks but im from EU and I've asked them about shipping and there is no option to get it from them. How did you import it and how much does it cost?

RRC

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2020
im in the same boat.. absolutely love the way it looks but im from EU and I've asked them about shipping and there is no option to get it from them. How did you import it and how much does it cost?

I created a free account on shipitto which gives you a US address, then use that to create the order on the Keyway website then once it’s checked in at the shipitto warehouse you get to choose your postage options, add more packing to protect it etc… worked really well for me, albeit an expensive option but I’m more than happy with the case regardless of cost.

Reactions: DR3MCLAREN and kvlq

jldesutter83

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2013
Illinois
I got my green colored “apple leather case” from AliExpress today. This one came from a different seller than my purple one. It seems like it’s better quality. The buttons are even clickier than the purple one. Which is great! You can see the MagSafe ring on it because I had my MagSafe PopSocket attached for a couple hours already before I snapped the photos. For the price I may just order the purple from this seller and the other colors as well.
IMG_0170.jpeg
IMG_0171.jpeg

Reactions: Teach8870

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
My Blue YMW Case from Aliexpress came today and I can only say Wow. It is Nappa leather like the Lonli classic and it almost looks the same with a few exeptions. The Magsafe Ring is correctly placed and the Bottomspeaker cutouts are only wholes like the original Apple Silicon case.

I will have some pictures when I get home again.
Did you manage to get some pictures?

Reactions: kvlq

timize

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I just got my Bullstrap case in early and it was worth the wait! This is the bourbon color.

The leather is smooth, it smells fantastic, and the buttons are extremely responsive and “clicky” like the old Apple leather cases. Action button is covered.

Attachments

• IMG_0470.jpeg
    IMG_0470.jpeg
    846.5 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_0472.jpeg
    IMG_0472.jpeg
    672.5 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_0474.jpeg
    IMG_0474.jpeg
    481.3 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0475.jpeg
    IMG_0475.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 169

RRC

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2020
Well I'm gutted to report my Keyway tan leather case has developed a raised bubbly area around the metal X logo on the back. Tried rubbing it smooth, tried heating it up but nothing helps - almost like it's reacted underneath the leather.

Have since ordered a tan Nomad as I know they're quality is excellent, just such a shame as I had high hopes for the Keyway :(

IMG_1826.jpg

Reactions: Cerneka

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2012
Well I'm gutted to report my Keyway tan leather case has developed a raised bubbly area around the metal X logo on the back. Tried rubbing it smooth, tried heating it up but nothing helps - almost like it's reacted underneath the leather.

Have since ordered a tan Nomad as I know they're quality is excellent, just such a shame as I had high hopes for the Keyway :(

View attachment 2308024
I noticed some bumps on mine too around the X. It’s not a dealbreaker for me but definitely disappointing. I’m not sure why they didn’t just engrave the X into the leather.

Attachments

• IMG_0637.jpeg
    IMG_0637.jpeg
    483.7 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: Cerneka and RRC

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018

View attachment 2308024

I noticed some bumps on mine too around the X. It’s not a dealbreaker for me but definitely disappointing. I’m not sure why they didn’t just engrave the X into the leather.
Must be the adhesive bleeding into the leather

DR3MCLAREN

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2021
Calgary Canada

View attachment 2308024

So far my Keyway is okay. I just gave mine a real up close inspection and I'm not seeing this issue in mine. Hopefully in never will. Wonder what has caused it for you two? You both have the Pro model iPhone right? I wonder if its just that model that has this issue. I have the regular 15. Did you reach out to Keyway about it?

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2012
So far my Keyway is okay. I just gave mine a real up close inspection and I'm not seeing this issue in mine. Hopefully in never will. Wonder what has caused it for you two? You both have the Pro model iPhone right? I wonder if it’s just that model that has this issue. I have the regular 15. Did you reach out to Keyway about it?
I have the 15pro. It looks like some moisture got in there, possibly when I put leather conditioner on the case. I’ll go ahead and email Keyway to see what they say.

DR3MCLAREN

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2021
Calgary Canada
I have the 15pro. It looks like some moisture got in there, possibly when I put leather conditioner on the case. I’ll go ahead and email Keyway to see what they say.
Ah, I didn't realize you had conditioned it. I suspect you might be right. I've left mine to age on its own and maybe that's why I haven't seen the same issue. But Keyway sells leather conditioners too so if this is what happens then they have a potential flaw on their hands.

RRC

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2020
Ah, I didn't realize you had conditioned it. I suspect you might be right. I've left mine to age on its own and maybe that's why I haven't seen the same issue. But Keyway sells leather conditioners too so if this is what happens then they have a potential flaw on their hands.

I’ve not put anything on mine, and it’s not got damp either. I’ve emailed Keyway.

DR3MCLAREN

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2021
Calgary Canada
I’ve not put anything on mine, and it’s not got damp either. I’ve emailed Keyway.
Oh... the plot thickens. Let us know what they say. I've reached out to them with a couple questions and found them to be pretty responsive. I hope they do whats right here as neither of you have had this case very long.

RRC

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2020
Oh... the plot thickens. Let us know what they say. I've reached out to them with a couple questions and found them to be pretty responsive. I hope they do whats right here as neither of you have had this case very long.

I’m not expecting much as I imported mine to the UK, so won’t be returning it due to costs in shipping.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.