Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

RRC

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2020
Still no reply from Keyway but on a positive note my Nomad modern leather in English tan has arrived and it’s great! Much better than the nomad case I had a few years back with sharp bottom edges.

Reactions: kvlq

DR3MCLAREN

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2021
Calgary Canada
Still no reply from Keyway but on a positive note my Nomad modern leather in English tan has arrived and it’s great! Much better than the nomad case I had a few years back with sharp bottom edges.
The few times I’ve emailed Keyway it’s been about 2-3 days before I received a response.

Reactions: RRC

kvlq

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2015
Can you share some pics with both side by side? is Nomad much thicker than the Keyway?

Im still trying to find the perfect leather case, returned one clay Decoded due to a production defect and now I want to test other cases. My eyes were on Keyway but its pretty hard to import it in EU as we discussed and I dont think its worth the hassle.

Reactions: RRC

Lustral

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2015
Southampton, UK
I got a cheapy no brand leather one delivered to me from Amazon today and I like it a lot. Feels really good to hold as it has that slight tackiness to it to aid the gripping of the Pro Max.

Only available in two colours , black or white. I went for the black one to go with my Black Titanium phone and it looks really good.

Reactions: DianaMR

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2012
The few times I’ve emailed Keyway it’s been about 2-3 days before I received a response.
I got an email back today and they are sending me another case. They asked for more info on what leather treatment I used and how it was applied. I usually only do 1 treatment but since the case was scratched up some by my 6 month old I decided to do a couple more treatments to heal it up quicker. I think this time I will be more careful about applying it close to the X. I also live in Arkansas so the humidity is really high here so not sure if that could have had an effect. Either way I’m happy with the case and their customer service.

Reactions: DR3MCLAREN

DR3MCLAREN

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2021
Calgary Canada
I got an email back today and they are sending me another case. They asked for more info on what leather treatment I used and how it was applied. I usually only do 1 treatment but since the case was scratched up some by my 6 month old I decided to do a couple more treatments to heal it up quicker. I think this time I will be more careful about applying it close to the X. I also live in Arkansas so the humidity is really high here so not sure if that could have had an effect. Either way I’m happy with the case and their customer service.
Excellent! Happy to hear they are standing behind their product. Fingers crossed you don't run into this issue again.

Reactions: mjpearce023

leviathan1

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2010
I got my green colored “apple leather case” from AliExpress today. This one came from a different seller than my purple one. It seems like it’s better quality. The buttons are even clickier than the purple one. Which is great! You can see the MagSafe ring on it because I had my MagSafe PopSocket attached for a couple hours already before I snapped the photos. For the price I may just order the purple from this seller and the other colors as well. View attachment 2307282 View attachment 2307283
How does the "leather" feel? I bought one of these and it feels like plastic and just looks like leather. I am not sure what the real leather cases from apple felt like but I can't imagine that these knockoffs from aliexpress are even close.

jldesutter83

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2013
Illinois
How does the "leather" feel? I bought one of these and it feels like plastic and just looks like leather. I am not sure what the real leather cases from apple felt like but I can't imagine that these knockoffs from aliexpress are even close.
It does feel kind of like textured plastic, but I haven’t used it very long yet. The real apple leather case on the 13PM had more of a soft feel to it. But the first purple “apple leather” case I got from AliExpress had a weird smell to it and this green one doesn’t really have any smell to it.

Reactions: leviathan1

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
Received the Andar with an action button.
I really like this case EXCEPT the button edges a sharp. They are beveled but the bevel is sharp.
This is the same issue I had with the previous case without an action button. I thought maybe I received a bad batch. But now that these buttons are exactly the same it seems as though that’s just the way they are producing them. Too bad because otherwise it’s perfect.

Typct2U.jpg

I’m now looking for a case that has the great leather feel and strong magnet of the Andar with nice smooth buttons.

Edit:
I just ordered a Bare Skin. Seems like a comparable case to the Andar. Hopefully it doesn’t disappoint. I haven’t seen it mentioned in this thread. I saw a post from them in another thread that got me curious.

Last edited:

Teach8870

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2016
IMG_9684.jpeg
Moft snap case in white. This vegan leather feels soooo soft and amazing! It is advertised as being sweat resistant and able to retain its color. I hope that’s the case!
I’m also trying out their snap tripod stand.

Attachments

• IMG_9697.jpeg
    IMG_9697.jpeg
    611.9 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_9689.jpeg
    IMG_9689.jpeg
    568.6 KB · Views: 79

LoveMyPens

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2013
View attachment 2310851 Moft snap case in white. This vegan leather feels soooo soft and amazing! It is advertised as being sweat resistant and able to retain its color. I hope that’s the case!
I’m also trying out their snap tripod stand.
Look forward to hear how you like this. Looks cool. Is that a Pro Max or Pro? I ask because I’d like to know how well the stand supports the larger phone in all positions.

Autokon

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
CA
For the Moft Case, they are cut out like that to make room for the optional lanyard. If you've bought the case and saw how the lanyard is attached...it makes more sense. They almost need a version that comes with the lanyard and one that doesn't so it could offer tighter cutouts. It's just a choice they made so the lanyard can sit under the phone, then it comes out under that portion of the case.

Normally this would bother me as well. However, the case is so good for what I personally wanted out of a case, that I can easily overlook it.

Teach8870

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2016
For the Moft Case, they are cut out like that to make room for the optional lanyard. If you've bought the case and saw how the lanyard is attached...it makes more sense. They almost need a version that comes with the lanyard and one that doesn't so it could offer tighter cutouts. It's just a choice they made so the lanyard can sit under the phone, then it comes out under that portion of the case.

Normally this would bother me as well. However, the case is so good for what I personally wanted out of a case, that I can easily overlook it.
That makes sense, and I agree. I don’t care at all about the cutouts because everything else about this case is perfect.

Reactions: LoveMyPens
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.