Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dnzfromh

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2024
Looks very nice. How is the fit?
Exactly like BS/RL etc. Fits perfect. Like said here before i think it’s pretty obvious that they all come from the same supplier. I like the YMW leather best but they are all nice cases and basically the same with different types of leathers and logos. None better than the others imho. Just a matter of taste and marketing.

ktsanf

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2011
Exactly like BS/RL etc. Fits perfect. Like said here before i think it’s pretty obvious that they all come from the same supplier. I like the YMW leather best but they are all nice cases and basically the same with different types of leathers and logos. None better than the others imho. Just a matter of taste and marketing.
Just ordered one for my 14 Pro Max.....

dnzfromh

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2024
The YMW case I have, Napa leather, is amazing in the hand.
Does the Napa have a metal camera ring or is it plastic?

Beside from that i always have an issue with „sharp“ buttons on closed buttom cases except from apples. On apple I don’t like the leather/patina and on open buttoms there’s this pinky thing. First world problems…

Numerati

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2021
Orlando, FL

Beside from that i always have an issue with „sharp“ buttons on closed buttom cases except from apples. On apple I don’t like the leather/patina and on open buttoms there’s this pinky thing. First world problems…

In terms of sharp buttons BS close bottom has the best buttons. They are not protruding out as other manufacturers and feels smooth.

Reactions: RRC

dnzfromh

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2024
In terms of sharp buttons BS close bottom has the best buttons. They are not protruding out as other manufacturers and feels smooth.
I would definitely give it a try but i plan keeping my 14P for a few more years. So that is not a current option for me. But on the pictures posted here it looks really nice.

Reactions: Numerati

Ahiqar

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2007
Fox Cities, WI
They're both so similar it's really a personal preference on whether you prefer the style of open-bottom vs closed. The leather quality is identical. I like the buttons on the open-bottom more yet I prefer the camera cutout of the closed-bottom. That gap between the case and the charging port really seems to bug people but it's never been an issue for me.

I will say that I like the LuckyCoin slightly more than the closed-bottom BS because it's a little thinner. After rocking a FineWoven case for so long, the extra thickness is really noticeable to me. It's not really a huge issue as I'll get used to it again, but out of the three leather cases I own, I reach for the LC first.
Thanks for this input. I had a bull strap in the past and it was quite thick. I ordered the LC and it came in today. Sure feels a whole lot like those old Apple leather cases. Thin, good quality. I went with dark brown for a blue 15 pro. Price was quite reasonable. Thanks again.

Reactions: JerryIII and mikext

JerryIII

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2013

Metal camera ring and the buttons are just fine.

Dannny

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2023
Thanks for this input. I had a bull strap in the past and it was quite thick. I ordered the LC and it came in today. Sure feels a whole lot like those old Apple leather cases. Thin, good quality. I went with dark brown for a blue 15 pro. Price was quite reasonable. Thanks again.
Could you post a picture of the usb cutout?

RRC

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2020
Bullstrap have a buy one get one 40% off on everything online, so either two cases or a case and watch strap etc… no code required.

Reactions: mikext

Dannny

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2023
I suppose I could snap a photo of the case while it is off the phone, but I am assuming you want a picture with it on the phone.
Yea that would be nice 😀 and maybe 1 of the back. I am thinking about buying also the dark brown case

RRC

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2020
2f836fad468a09a0f1614d7562d3054e.jpg

Andar, Bullstrap, Keyway… the one case I keep coming back to the most is my Satchel & Page.

2 months patina…

vagabnd

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2017
God, of all the products that have been discontinued I miss the later cases and folios the most.

JerryIII

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2013
55544c138e09226282830e6b199db0fb.jpg

So for those of you with the new closed bottom bullstrap case, now you’ve had it a few days or more… thoughts?
BS closed bottom looks nice. I am sure the leather is great, but I think that they missed the boat with regards to the life cycle of the phone. I just don’t see them selling many at that price.

CaramelSky

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2022
Really want to try the Sandmarc Minimal Leather case in Navy. Seems like the best option for Blue Ti phones.
Shipping to Australia is pricey though and I dont want to be burned like I was by Andar.

Anyone tried it yet?

CptFloridaMan

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2019
The BS closed case just doesn’t do it for me, it feels like too little too late. It looks nice but to me in the photos i’ve seen, the power button still seems kinda crooked?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.