Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
Hey sorry if this has been answered but my red leather case is starting to get jean dye on it.

Whats a good way to remove it? Its mostly on the front sides. Ty all

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Hey sorry if this has been answered but my red leather case is starting to get jean dye on it.

there’s nothing you can do. That’s how the colored leather cases are. Eventually the red will turn black at the edges

Reactions: JamiLynee

AppleDior31

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014

I use a leather cleaner on it and it comes off. I have yellow case and there’s color transfer from my jeans daily. I just wipe it off in the evening.

Rrcpag1103

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2019
This is mine for about 10 months already sorry for the photo quality as i took it using only ipad camera
241C836E-BD4F-45E4-9434-0011015210DB.jpeg
6B4553B6-71C1-4C42-AD24-23F98DD8D2E6.jpeg

germaocruz

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2017
Madrid
That’s not the actual patina. Some how that photo made the patina much more pronounced. Here’s what the case actually looks like.

Is it getting like that just using it? No other treatments? How long are you using the case?

I got mine two weeks ago but still pretty new, no patina

Jacob_116

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2019
Just bought a saddle brown case and I love it! Just curious if there's a way to make it more grippy? It seems very slick, more slippery than my black leather case. I realize this question has probably been asked before I just didn't want to look through 75 forum pages to find it haha.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Just bought a saddle brown case and I love it! Just curious if there's a way to make it more grippy? It seems very slick, more slippery than my black leather case. I realize this question has probably been asked before I just didn't want to look through 75 forum pages to find it haha.
The easiest option is to use a magic eraser or a fine grit sandpaper. Or, you can just use it normally for about a week and the case will have more grip from normal use.

Jacob_116

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2019
I've already tried the magic eraser and it didn't do anything, and I don't want to take sand paper to it

Jacob_116

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2019
Just use it the case and deal with the slipperiness for a few days.

it doesn’t last long.

don’t know why people are so obsessed with artificially wearing these cases in.

Just use it and let it do its thing

I'm actually against the artificial wearing. I just don't like the slipperiness, and didn't know if it was permanent

jlyaamu

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2018
My forest green leather case will arrive tomorrow. I returned my saddle brown and midnight blue. Wasn’t patient enough for the saddle brown and the midnight blue was darker than I expected it to be after a week. I enjoy not having a case on the 11 Pro Max but there are still moments when I wish I had a case. Plus, $20 on Amazon isn’t too bad for an Apple leather case ($10 amazon gift card from VerizonUp rewards).

Last edited:

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
I had to stop using my Forest Green 11 Pro Max leather case. Just too damn slippery :( And this is after a month of use
Dropped my 11 pro this morning it say from about 2 feet and the bottom of the phone has a good sized gouge next to the charging port because the Apple leather case doesn’t cover the bottom. My own fault, I should have been more careful. For this reason, I stopped using my saddle brown case which I absolutely love. I ordered a nomad rugged case and am currently using a mous contour. It’s a sad day to retire my saddle brown case.

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2017
Meyer Lemon really looks like a nice cross between Spring Yellow and Sunflower - deffo my next choice in buying a new case. Just really wish it was also available as a Leather Folio too

Last edited:
Reactions: AppleDior31
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.