Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2017
That has aged so quickly!

It’ll be black in another month. I’d be disappointed with that

have been using my phone a lot, I reckon it’s the honeymoon period of the new phone hype. 11 Pro really did exceed my expectations.

Yeah oh well, time to pick another colour whenever it turns black then! I reckon I will go with Saddle Brown or Meyer Lemon

Matteo[V]

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2016
Italy
I have the black and product(red) leather cover... the black is more soft at touch and the red more rugged, maybe it caused from the color?

AppleDior31

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
A little over a week of use here. I tend to wear dark jeans and the phone goes in my back pocket most of the time. There is color transfer on the sides but using leather cleaner gets it right off.
559EBBE6-35A4-41E4-90A3-DA6B4456DA67.jpeg

kevinsw0rld

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2012
About a month of use and I’m not exactly sure how I feel about the yellow after some patina... Daily use in blue jeans and I try to treat it as if it was any other case. I just wiped it down with warm water and a dab of dish soap.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    409.7 KB · Views: 549
Last edited:
Reactions: JamiLynee

Sharkchu

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2019
About a month of use and I’m not exactly sure how I feel about the yellow after some patina... Daily use in blue jeans and I try to treat it as if it was any other case. I just wiped it down with warm water and a dab of dish soap.

Always liked to have a leather case, but so many times, either the clothes absorb the dye from the leather, or the other way around..

nickkrumors

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2014

Thank you for posting this. I'm sorry that it requires that much maintenance to keep looking good though. I was really tempted to get the yellow, mainly because of the Green Bay Packer look with the green Pro 11, but I think I'll be sticking with the green leather for now

BoricuaHec01

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
Chicago, IL

I think the problem is the use of dish soap, that may be the reason it’s losing its color.

Last edited:

AppleDior31

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
Wow! Maybe use a leather cleaner? It conditions and cleans. Cross fingers, but mine seems to be holding up, even with the my jeans color transfer.

cappo3

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2014
Jeez, I was so close to buy a yellow case... I guess I'll go with forest green, if I actually end up choosing a leather case from Apple.
Somehow i feel the yellow case pairs very well with the green phone, better than the green case ever could.

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008
Anyone have any pics of black leather cases after a few months? I know it’s black but I’m curious to see how the texture/shininess /scuffs look on black leather.

btw, if you have an open enough mind, that patina’d yellow case above looks pretty awesome.

AJAAY

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2012
iPhone 11 pro max leather cases now $30 at Best Buy.

I just bought my leather case for $34. Still within the return period. So hopefully I can get credited the difference.

Last edited:

GloriousAndrew

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2017

I just bought my leather case for $34. Still within the return period. So hopefully I can get credited the difference.
If you can’t, return it and buy it from Amazon. They have it for $29.99

Olivia23

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2008
around

Thanks so much for the heads up on this, I just ordered the forest green for my 11 Pro Max for 29.99!!!!

I did look awhile back at the Apple store in this color. It was sold out but they had one sitting out to try on your iPhone. I really like it but I also hated paying full retail price for it so happy to get it for this price!

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2017
My Forrest green.

8fb5bdd7cbc3d416accb8c0938a72a17.jpg

The exact shade the Midnight Green camera cutout is here, I love - reminds me of Green Tea a little. I would love to see how it pairs up with other leather case colours and which ones go well with it besides Forest Green.

And I wonder if in the Spring 2020, to cater for Midnight Green, if we will see a lighter shade of Green released for the 11 Pro leather case, such as Emerald for example?

hauksson

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2018
IMG_9727.jpg

Finally got a leather case for my X with a proper cutout around the camera. In Central Europe (Slovakia, but maybe it is in other countries as well, I dont know) there is a problem to get genuine Apple leather case for iPhone X, only for XS, because it fits on X as well, so iStores have no more leather cases for X. But the cutout around the camera is not perfect and with my OCD it's not acceptable. :) Looking forward to see how this midnight blue is gonna patina.

Reactions: nrvous1

Gitica23

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2019
Does anyone else encounter a damaged lower edge leather corners because of putting phone in and out of the case?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.