Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

s2k_esoj

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2019
Yes! That best describes it, cheap.
It’s really disappointing because it has always been my go to case since the iPhone 6s. Oh well I guess I’ll just stick to the Forest Green. I also love the quality of the Forest Green leather Check out my side by side comparison of the 2 colors you can clear see a difference in texture(P. 81 or 82). The Forest Green shares the same texture as the Product Red leather, which in my honest opinion it feels like really good quality

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
It’s really disappointing because it has always been my go to case since the iPhone 6s. Oh well I guess I’ll just stick to the Forest Green. I also love the quality of the Forest Green leather Check out my side by side comparison of the 2 colors you can clear see a difference in texture(P. 81 or 82). The Forest Green shares the same texture as the Product Red leather, which in my honest opinion it feels like really good quality
I have the black, red and saddle brown. The saddle brown gets the most use out of the three. The black and red do have a much better feel and texture like you said. It feels like a full leather rather than a thin layered piece of plastic. Right out of the box the saddle brown felt like plastic. After aging it the grip and feel is much better. I just wish it was exactly like previous years leather cases.

AppleDior31

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
I love the feel but I do not like how dingy it looks.
BE102A96-9F76-41A0-A76C-8FB515D25E08.jpeg

s2k_esoj

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2019
I have the black, red and saddle brown. The saddle brown gets the most use out of the three. The black and red do have a much better feel and texture like you said. It feels like a full leather rather than a thin layered piece of plastic. Right out of the box the saddle brown felt like plastic. After aging it the grip and feel is much better. I just wish it was exactly like previous years leather cases.
I’ve been thinking about getting the Red, but I’m sure good it might look with Midnight Green camera cut out

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
I’ve been thinking about getting the Red, but I’m sure good it might look with Midnight Green camera cut out
Yeah the red is a tough color to get used to. I initially loved it, but then after a day of use I felt it was to flashy. It also doesn’t age well seeing pictures of it with use. It turns a weird black color at the edges and just looks dirty. I have the space gray 11 pro and you’re right, it is a strange color combo with the space gray or midnight green.

Speaking of strange colors, I’m currently using the symmetry feeling rusty also dubbed the “rat rod”.

Attachments

• AAE3A0E5-C26B-4B1C-B1EF-38E8D4D00A64.jpeg
    AAE3A0E5-C26B-4B1C-B1EF-38E8D4D00A64.jpeg
    78.6 KB · Views: 1,357

Jacob_116

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2019
Any recommendations for a full leather case for iPhone 11? I have the nomad rugged, it’s nice but I miss the “full leather” and patina look that I had with my apple leather case. It really bothers me that Apple still hasn’t made a leather case for the 11

drewaz

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2012
Phoenix
Any recommendations for a full leather case for iPhone 11? I have the nomad rugged, it’s nice but I miss the “full leather” and patina look that I had with my apple leather case. It really bothers me that Apple still hasn’t made a leather case for the 11

check out Mujjo cases.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Mujjo, Burkley, Bullstrap, Bellroy and Vaja all make nice full leather cases for the 11.

Jacob_116

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2019
+1 for Burkley Case. They use really quality leather and have a wide variety of styles and colors for iPhone 11.
Do they patina nicely? I’ve had my nomad case for over a month and the only thing that has changed was the amount of scratches on it haha

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Do they patina nicely? I’ve had my nomad case for over a month and the only thing that has changed was the amount of scratches on it haha
My burnished tan snap on case didn’t change much over the month I used it when I had my xr. But, it did have a thick wax layer over it so maybe once that wears off it will patina. The antique coffee and the golden brown cases look really nice. Those may not have a coating on them and will patina quickly.

AppleDior31

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
How are you managing to keep the yellow so mint? Lol it’s my favorite case so I’d like to keep it looking nice so any tips would be appreciated
I use a leather cleaner on it almost every other day. I don’t let the color transfer from my jeans stay on too long. The sides are getting a little darker and not easily cleaned off anymore.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
I’m already out of it. Has an odd smell to it.
I’m wondering if it’s the wax coating that’s making it smell weird. My Bullstrap case and wallet smelled like straight chemicals that went away after a few days. Maybe a leather conditioner would help take the smell away. Or maybe Apple will swap it out?

Reactions: Mel8899

DonnyXMX

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2012
Garden State
I’m wondering if it’s the wax coating that’s making it smell weird. My Bullstrap case and wallet smelled like straight chemicals that went away after a few days. Maybe a leather conditioner would help take the smell away. Or maybe Apple will swap it out?

80ebf79d0d51b82695fc3d786b6cbacf.jpg

I used these wipes on the case and it made it less slippery and very soft so I’m sure it will work on chemical smells too.

Reactions: nrvous1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.