Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Davelfc

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2014
Liverpool
I took ‘courage’ to remove it. Just like it took courage to remove the headphones and power adaptor from the box.

To be fair to apple most of the major phone manufactures followed suit on everything even after ridiculing apple. Same with non removable batteries and to some extent no memory card expansion, which apple didn’t have but had been knocked for not having.

I have airpod pros and when eventually I get to fly again I have wired Bose noise cancelling earphones that are brilliant, I have to use the lighting to 3.5 dongle for them which really isn’t a chore.

Last edited:

jimimac71

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2019
California
The only reason for a headphone jack is if the iPhone had an FM tuner inside. Then the cable is the antenna.
The iPhone won't get an FM radio tuner, nor will the iPad get GPS.
These items seem rare with Android, but people like me believe it should be more common.
Apple is really good at removing things.

jimimac71

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2019
California
even Samsung doesn't have headphone jack on their phones and no-one bitched when they removed it. but, when apple does it oh no!!!
Well ... I purchased (and returned) a Lenovo Tab P11 because it didn't have the FM radio listed in the specs. Had an App but no FM tuner. The really silly thing, it did not have a headphone jack, so I also purchased a USB-C to 3.5 headphone adapter. The white one from Apple. The price was great on Amazon. It feels like it could break if not really careful.

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
Who wants low level radiation from bluetooth in their ear, possibly damaging their hearing/brain? Or lowering their sperm count?

Not moi.

Until then, I love my wired headphones which I have no chance of easily losing.

Unless you are a scientist who has extensively studied EMF radiation and can show us that bluetooth is not harmful because of actual FACTS, and you can prove you are not on the payroll of big tech, please do not answer. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

ratspg

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Boycott? LOL is this some sort of joke? Apple removed it and they don’t have to bring it back. Plus, you have the lightning to headphone adapter that’s been mentioned a few times here as well and it works.

Let’s boycott Apple to…. Bring back SCSI ports, bring back physical keyboards to smartphones, bring back dial-up modems, etc.

I think its better to enjoy whatever products we have and enjoy them to their fullest as is. I’m sure there are plenty of other devices that have headphone jacks that you can use if they are an important need.

I miss using wired headphones directly with my iPhones but I use the adapter now, it’s not like its impossible.

raindogg

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2015
Brooklyn NY
Let us boycott all further iPhones until they get 3.5 mm jack
That's not happening. I get what you're saying though, when Apple first ditched the headphone jack I was pissed. There weren't any suitable bluetooth headphones so I switched to an Android. I like most of what Android had to offer, except texting and privacy. I literately saw an ad for everything I every spoke about. Maybe it was coincident, but I don't think so. I just went back to an iPhone, and it's fine. The AirPods Pro's are great. I don't miss getting the chord tangles on everything.

I'll probably go back to an Android when they ditch the lightning port for wireless charging. I'm sure I'll come back when there's enough wireless charging not to miss the cord.

Reactions: EmotionalSnow
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.