Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OJK

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2020
Let's boycott all further iPhones until they stop to use flickering PWM displays.
I'm in.

Ipadfever

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2012
I took ‘courage’ to remove it. Just like it took courage to remove the headphones and power adaptor from the box.

To be fair to apple most of the major phone manufactures followed suit on everything even after ridiculing apple. Same with non removable batteries and to some extent no memory card expansion, which apple didn’t have but had been knocked for not having.

I have airpod pros and when eventually I get to fly again I have wired Bose noise cancelling earphones that are brilliant, I have to use the lighting to 3.5 dongle for them which really isn’t a chore.
This is exactly why Apple does whatever it wants to, they dictate what we should like and have to like!! I don't agree with anything you said but that's just my opinion!

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
Well make sure you don't go out in the sun down there in California then because that's high energy radiation and is positively proven to cause cancer.
Actually the opposite is quite true. Sunlight is absorbed by the body almost hormonally as vitamin D3, and it is natural radiation that should be used for treating cancer, literally on affected areas. As a cancer survivor, I know this is true.

danny842003

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2017
Actually the opposite is quite true. Sunlight is absorbed by the body almost hormonally as vitamin D3, and it is natural radiation that should be used for treating cancer, literally on affected areas. As a cancer survivor, I know this is true.

yes that’s why skin cancer rates are almost three times higher in Australia than they are in Canada.

roar08

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2008
I bought a floppy drive on eBay a few weeks ago. (because I found a stack of disks in my basement, dating back to 1984... so I wanted to find out what was on them... turned out to be a bunch of useless DOS programs)

Over the years, it's amazing how EVERY now and then I need (or want) access to something from like 20-25 years ago and need to do something like this...

macrumorsuser10

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2010
We'll never get anything beyond the trashcan-shaped Mac Pro. Stop complaining about a Mac Pro that lets you plug in new video cards.

Apple won't miss those who boycott and neither will Samsung / Google. Good luck to you all finding products that suit you. We incur cell and skin damage each time we walk outside, let's boycott the sun.

• Haha
Reactions: ratspg

WiseAJ

macrumors 65816
Sep 8, 2009
PDX
Go right ahead, just means it will be just a little bit easier for me to get my new iPhone on launch day every year.

• Haha
Reactions: iGüey

b1gn

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2014
I gave up on the 3.5mm Jack a long time ago. No way in hell it’s coming back. Joke post?

And speaking of power adapters, I found my iPhone 7 Plus box the other day. I opened it and found the power adapter and lightning cord still in it, nice and new. It looks like the decision to not include the adapter wasn’t a bad one to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.