Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Release date of iOS 9.3 ?

• Final Release Next Week

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • GM or Beta 6 Release Next Week

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Final Release Just After March Event

Votes: 54 68.4%
  • GM Release Just After March Event

Votes: 8 10.1%
  • Final Release Next Week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GM or Beta 7 Release Next Week

• Final Release Just After March Event

• No New Beta Or A Final Release Until Event

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Makale.Helvetia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 14, 2014
İSTANBUL - TÜRKİYE
we are nearly close to public release, beta 5 looks like ok,but still some small bugs occur.

what do you think about the final release? will we wait until the event date? or can it drop earlier than we expected?

''it's ready when it's ready'' is not an acceptable answer :) just join the poll and share your thoughts.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I'm on the fence for two scenarios.

- Beta 6 next week, official release on the 21st (day of the event) but could be the 22nd because I think they almost always do official releases on a Tuesday?

- No further beta, official release on the 15th.

With the event said to be on the 21st and it being a Monday, I'm leaning more towards my second scenario of a 15th release (a Tuesday.) The 22nd seems less likely to me.

Makale.Helvetia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 14, 2014
İSTANBUL - TÜRKİYE
There is a serious iPad bug on beta 5. If you have Smart Cover / Case. Unlock the device by opening the case. You'll see a blank screen. Just wallpaper nothing else. You have to lock and unlock again to see the slide to unlock screen. They can release one more beta just for that

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
There is a serious iPad bug on beta 5. If you have Smart Cover / Case. Unlock the device by opening the case. You'll see a blank screen. Just wallpaper nothing else. You have to lock and unlock again to see the slide to unlock screen. They can release one more beta just for that

Or they can include that fix in the final release without having another beta. Often the build numbers between the last released beta and the official release are different, thus have a few fixes extra vs the last beta. The only exception that I know of (since the introduction of the public beta program last year with 8.3) was 9.2. 9.2 had the same build number for the last beta and release.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
They never do beta 6 or GM for anything other than .0 versions. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out before the event (they seemed to rush out beta 5) but I could see them waiting.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
They never do beta 6 or GM for anything other than .0 versions. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out before the event (they seemed to rush out beta 5) but I could see them waiting.
I think they have had GMs for an x.y update before.

Reactions: Yun0

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
I think they have had GMs for an x.y update before.
Do you know when that happened? The only thing I know of is when they released a version as a "beta" but it turned out to be the same build as final release.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Do you know when that happened? The only thing I know of is when they released a version as a "beta" but it turned out to be the same build as final release.
Off the top of my head I want to say that there was one for iOS 4.2 or somewhere around there. And I think I recall one more recently with one of the iOS 8 or maybe 7 releases, but I'd need to dig a bit to confirm that.

Jayson A

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2014

I have an iPad smart cover, and my iPad doesn't do this.

Reactions: Borin and sw6lee

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
maybe on iOS 7 or 6 or even before, didn't remember a GM build from the near past.

Off the top of my head I want to say that there was one for iOS 4.2 or somewhere around there. And I think I recall one more recently with one of the iOS 8 or maybe 7 releases, but I'd need to dig a bit to confirm that.
I checked and there was for iOS 4.2 but I think they may have stopped doing that since around iOS 7 (maybe earlier).

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
They will mention the updates during the keynote and release it that day I bet.

Except if the event is on the 21st as rumoured. That's a Monday. Official releases always happen on Tuesday's. Apple has all sorts of Apple vs FBI on the 22nd, so doesn't seem like they'll release anything then.

Putting the most likely scenario of releasing on the 15th. At least to me at least.

I think the question becomes, are they going to squeeze a 6th beta in this next week or are they going to just update the build number from beta 5 (which is typically what they do) and release that for the official release.

Makale.Helvetia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 14, 2014
İSTANBUL - TÜRKİYE
I have an iPad smart cover, and my iPad doesn't do this.

If your password time is immediate. It's not happening. Set any lock time for password. Ex 5 minutes and you'll see it's there
[doublepost=1457245741][/doublepost]
Except if the event is on the 21st as rumoured. That's a Monday. Official releases always happen on Tuesday's. Apple has all sorts of Apple vs FBI on the 22nd, so doesn't seem like they'll release anything then.

Putting the most likely scenario of releasing on the 15th. At least to me at least.

I think the question becomes, are they going to squeeze a 6th beta in this next week or are they going to just update the build number from beta 5 (which is typically what they do) and release that for the official release.

the date of the event is not clear right ?

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
the date of the event is not clear right ?

21st or 22nd according to rumours for the event (was originally to be the 15th but got pushed back to 21st/22nd). However, Apple has some FBI stuff on the 22nd. Which leads me to lean towards the 21st to hold the event. Which that plus the event initially was supposedly to be the 15th makes me lean towards a 15th 9.3 release as maybe originally planned. Maybe. I'm just speculating of course.

Makale.Helvetia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 14, 2014
İSTANBUL - TÜRKİYE
21st or 22nd according to rumours for the event (was originally to be the 15th but got pushed back to 21st/22nd). However, Apple has some FBI stuff on the 22nd. Which leads me to lean towards the 21st to hold the event. Which that plus the event initially was supposedly to be the 15th makes me lean towards a 15th 9.3 release as maybe originally planned. Maybe. I'm just speculating of course.

yes, we all now speculate..if the invites start to deliver this week. we'll be sure about the correct date. i feel it'll be on 15th, one day before FBI court looking not possible for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.