Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

840quadra

Original poster
Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
Good point.

I will split this one between the two of you for 3 points each.

The picture is actually a 270c, and at the time of posting it, I lost my clue i was going to post up. Anything I had from my memory would have totally given it away.

Bah, I will try harder next time to find good clues :) .

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2005
Maine
I'm going to guess at the bonus for #11, I think it had to do with not being able to get 6 hours out of the battery and it was advertised for that or something.

*CRAP*
And ata time when I really needed the points too....

Figured it out but I won't post the answer since edited posts don't count. Someone get it, its not *that* hard!

840quadra

Original poster
Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
Sorry for the delay people, had a big work issue and had little or no sleep because of it.

I will resume the game Monday night with "Four" Images, to help us get back upto speed. The game is over half done, so this is crunch time on points!

Thanks for being patient while I deal with Windows world issues, at work :( !!

image.php

840quadra

Original poster
Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
Review Round #6
#11 Powerbook G3 - 3 Points awarded to joecool85​
#12 Powerbook 270c - 3 Points awarded to Sly & ehurtley​

So yea, I made a mistake on #12 so awarded points to 2 people. The clue on #11 was in regards to ATA-6 hard drives not being compatible with this powerbook. This is noted on a few websites, and forums.

Standings Round #6
7 Points joecool85​
7 Points emw​
6 Points macEfan​
5 Points ehurtley​
3 Points sly​
3 Points mkjj​
2 Point Macmaniac​
1 Point katie ta achoo​
1 Point Marky_Mark​

NEXT
#13 = 4 Points (hint "Promise")

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 121

840quadra

Original poster
Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
#14 (Tower) = 3 Points
#15 (Compact) = 2 Points (hint "stock")
#16 (Laptop) = 4 Points (hint "last ball")

Attachments

• 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 165
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 105

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2005
Maine
NEXT
#13 = 4 Points (hint "Promise")[/QUOTE]
Power Mac 7200 series, promised to be upgradable, but ended up being the ONLY Power Mac that WASN'T able to upgrade!

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2005
Maine
Sorry for the additional post, I didn't want to edit my other one and lose my chance at points. But, how many of these can we try out? Before wasn't it one or the other not both or am I wrong?

ShiggyMiyamoto

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2004
Just outside Boston, MA.
mkjj said:
Powerbook Duo 280c (clear protoype)

Heh. Nope. No. 16 isn't the powerbook.. It's a Mac Classic or a Classic II.

Taken from EveryMac.com:

The Apple Macintosh Classic II features a 16 MHz 68030 processor, 2 MB of RAM, and either a 40 MB or an 80 MB hard drive in a sleek, compact all-in-one case with a 9" monochrome display. The consumer version of Classic II is the Performa 200.

I'm pretty sure that's it, but I could be wrong.

Skareb said:
#15Looks like aMac Classic,

the laptop is some htrashed out Powerbook for 1996/7

Jordan

Wrong, and uh.. Wrong. :p

Rollover the pics to see the correct numbers.

That Powerbook is NOT from 1996/7 afaik.. It's a Duo family member from like '94 or '95.

EDIT: I can't tell.. does the PB have a color display? The pic is too small...

EDIT 2: The way 840Q introduced this set is misleading... Quadra, plz fix that. It's either that or this IE at school is ****ing up...

mkjj

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2003
Liverpool
840quadra said:
#14 (Tower) = 3 Points
#16 (Laptop) = 4 Points (hint "last ball")

Nuumber 16 is a laptop (as indicated by 840Q), no matter what the rollover states!

Think I know 14 but can't have another guess.. can I?

macEfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
you guys were only supose to answer for 1 of them. :(

now you didn't let other members get a chance.

macEfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
is number 16 a powerbook duo 2300c?

clue= last ball= last powerbook duo apple ever made?

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2005
Maine
Thats what I thought. btw, on a side note, I left a clue when I figured out what it was for bonus on #11, apparently no one got it.

joecool85 said:
I'm going to guess at the bonus for #11, I think it had to do with not being able to get 6 hours out of the battery and it was advertised for that or something.

*CRAP*
And ata time when I really needed the points too....

Figured it out but I won't post the answer since edited posts don't count. Someone get it, its not *that* hard!

840quadra

Original poster
Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
Sorry was going to post this HOURS ago, but the forums went down before I could hit submit :(

Whoa,

Well we have a bit of an issue with the ID of the pictures. Regardless of what the Rollover says (the images may be named wrong) the index above it were I state (Laptop, Tower, Compact) is the key.

Remember only 1 Guess per post, your First guess is the only one the counts. The reason for this double post was to let some of the other people playing get a chance to get some points. The intent was not to let the guru's take a landslide of points ;).

Since this was a "double whammy" you will not have to wait out during the next picture post, you just can't try again after additional clues for this round.

I will post more clues later on if needed.

This Round Standings

joecool85 is up 4 points
mkjj is up 4 points
macg4 is up 3 points, but is out the rest of this round.

A good hint on the classic, nobody has correctly guessed on this system yet!

Remember if you have taken a guess, you are out this round, let some others get a chance at some points ;). If needed I will open this up to everyone again, but someone has to know this classic :) !

840quadra

Original poster
Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
joecool85 said:
So does that mean I can guess on the ones that are left or no?

At this point yes, I am opening it back up to everyone who guessed once to try again. It appears that this game has lost allot of momentum since my long delay in posting pictures :( .

Still available

macEfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
for #15, is it this?

Macinthosh SE-but it is the second revision one-not the first(the first has two floppy drives and no hard drive)

It has a single floppy drive and a hard drive.

for the hint "stock" does it mean it came standard with the floppy and the Hard drive?

applemacdude

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2001
Over The Rainbow
macEfan said:
for #15, is it this?

Macinthosh SE-but it is the second revision one-not the first(the first has two floppy drives and no hard drive)

It has a single floppy drive and a hard drive.

for the hint "stock" does it mean it came standard with the floppy and the Hard drive?

the first rev had two diffrent configs

10mb hd (or 20mb) and 800k floppy

or duel 800k floppy

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
Darn these metal joints...

840quadra said:
At this point yes, I am opening it back up to everyone who guessed once to try again. It appears that this game has lost allot of momentum since my long delay in posting pictures :( .

Still available

Dang, I knew all of 'em, but didn't check the thread in time.

"stock" combined with its appearance, is referring to the fact that it's the original release of the SE, with a single floppy drive, and a plate covering where the hard drive goes. This is opposed to the dual-floppy model (which cost more,) or the hard-drive equipped model (which cost even more.) Or, in comparison to the later 'SuperDrive' models that had a high-density floppy drive and a hard drive. (I have both a single floppy/HD model and a rare dual-SuperDrive model. The dual-SuperDrive model was only available to schools.) I have crammed a hard drive into the dual SuperDrive model, so now it's a HD+dual SuperDrive model, and I have an external 800k drive to go with it. I really want an external SuperDrive, but I can't find one anywhere.

If you want even more detail, it would have come stock with 1MB of RAM in the form of four 256kB SIMMs. (Mine are both maxed at 4MB. My SE/30, on the other hand, has 128MB of RAM, and a 9GB hard drive!) The visual difference between an SE and an SE/30 is that the /30's full-width 'indent' is only in the lower drive slot. The place where the SE has the top drive slot is permanently molded 'shut', and doesn't have the 'indent' on top drive area the way even a hard-drive equipped SE does. And a Classic or Classic II would be almost perfectly smooth in front, no slots or indents at all, other than the one for the floppy. No 'air holes' in the main section. (See my .Mac Gallery for pictures. (The difference between the Classic and the SE/SE/30 is obvious. In that picture, the difference between the SE and the SE/30 is subtle.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.