Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
It's not LGs fault, it's your carrier.

Well T-Mobile screwed it up twice. This is the only reason why I think they should just keep allowing us to have unlocked bootloader and root capabilities.

It's getting really frustrating how Android freedom has slowly turned into another walled garden. Irritating.

Reactions: Tig Bitties

4RunnerHeaven

Suspended
Nov 24, 2017
Got the V30 to replace my Note 8.... Well so far, the V30 is more snappy, better audio through headset and bluetooth (with my LG Platinum headset), lighter, better placement of FPS, no edge curved screen, hardly any bloatware, the screen itself is almost as good as the note 8, so can't complain, battery life is definitely better, and the wide angle camera is awesome. I'll need more time before I officially decide, but so far I am really impressed.

Wildo6882

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2015
Illinois
Got the V30 to replace my Note 8.... Well so far, the V30 is more snappy, better audio through headset and bluetooth (with my LG Platinum headset), lighter, better placement of FPS, no edge curved screen, hardly any bloatware, the screen itself is almost as good as the note 8, so can't complain, battery life is definitely better, and the wide angle camera is awesome. I'll need more time before I officially decide, but so far I am really impressed.

Did you get the unlocked or carrier version? I’ve been looking at one to hold me over until fall but haven’t been able to pull the trigger.

4RunnerHeaven

Suspended
Nov 24, 2017
Did you get the unlocked or carrier version? I’ve been looking at one to hold me over until fall but haven’t been able to pull the trigger.

I got the carrier unlocked version. But I am sending it back whenever the seller decides to respond to me. Seems many are having BlueTooth issues since 8.0 came out and I can't get a stable connection with my Gear S3, or my other BT devices.

Wildo6882

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2015
Illinois
I got the carrier unlocked version. But I am sending it back whenever the seller decides to respond to me. Seems many are having BlueTooth issues since 8.0 came out and I can't get a stable connection with my Gear S3, or my other BT devices.

Aw man that’s too bad. Every time I think I found something I want to get me away from Apple, something goes wrong like that and I come running back. I’m starting to wonder if I just need to live with the fruit and be done with it.

4RunnerHeaven

Suspended
Nov 24, 2017
Aw man that’s too bad. Every time I think I found something I want to get me away from Apple, something goes wrong like that and I come running back. I’m starting to wonder if I just need to live with the fruit and be done with it.

Same here. I am really thinking about sticking with the fruit and be done. My Note 8 has been good though just a big phone.

Reactions: Wildo6882

Wildo6882

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2015
Illinois
Same here. I am really thinking about sticking with the fruit and be done. My Note 8 has been good though just a big phone.

Yeah. I keep looking because I’m annoyed with Apple but at the same time it’s the easiest and cleanest option. I spend too much time worrying about trying to find the right device.

Although Best Buy has $300 off on the S9+ still...

4RunnerHeaven

Suspended
Nov 24, 2017
Yeah. I keep looking because I’m annoyed with Apple but at the same time it’s the easiest and cleanest option. I spend too much time worrying about trying to find the right device.

Although Best Buy has $300 off on the S9+ still...

Yeah, that s9+ is a good deal. Hard to pass that up! I own one for my work phone and it's a great phone with great battery life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.