Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Geert76

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2014
the Netherlands
[doublepost=1517246861][/doublepost]I know how you feel. Mime is going on Craigslist. What do you plan on buying? Thanks, Dave

why are you selling yours?

I just sold my Pixel 2 (non XL, too expensive) and my V30 (about a third cheaper then the Pixel here) is coming this week

thanks

steelcityguy

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2017
Florida East Coast
why are you selling yours?

I just sold my Pixel 2 (non XL, too expensive) and my V30 (about a third cheaper then the Pixel here) is coming this week

thanks
I am not going to buy anything new for the time being.Going to use my Nexus 6p. It works well. I am hoping that I can get half of the list price for the LG. Not really enthralled with any of the new phones. I"LL wait and see what the next iPhone or the Pixel look like? Please, keep us informed of your likes and dislikes of your LG.
The only thing for certain is that what's I buy will have 6" screen. Good luck with your new phone.

Reactions: Geert76

Geert76

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2014
the Netherlands
I am not going to buy anything new for the time being.Going to use my Nexus 6p. It works well. I am hoping that I can get half of the list price for the LG. Not really enthralled with any of the new phones. I"LL wait and see what the next iPhone or the Pixel look like? Please, keep us informed of your likes and dislikes of your LG.
The only thing for certain is that what's I buy will have 6" screen. Good luck with your new phone.

that sounds as a very fair reason...if your Nexus 6P is still good working. And wait it out for a bit and see what the several companies have to offer later this year.

I'll give an update as soon as my V30 is being delivered. Really looking forward to it! (couple of days to go)

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
Just a bit of info I've garnered from XDA, the AT&T V30 may not have as great a signal as the T-Mobile or Sprint version. Not to say that's for everyone but it's been discussed.

LukinLedbetter

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2014
Well crap. I went and bought another phone. This time the V30. Finished setting it up and now also using the Google camera and it's an impressive piece of tech. Size is nicer than the p2xl. Screen is really nice and I really like it . I'm also still really enamored with my P2XL Panda, so one will stay and one will go. Not sure which yet.

Geert76

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2014
the Netherlands
Well crap. I went and bought another phone. This time the V30. Finished setting it up and now also using the Google camera and it's an impressive piece of tech. Size is nicer than the p2xl. Screen is really nice and I really like it . I'm also still really enamored with my P2XL Panda, so one will stay and one will go. Not sure which yet.

how do you find the grip of the V30? Are you using a case? or just naked?
I dont like cases, they ruin my user experience, so when my V30 will be deliverd I wann use it just naked, no case or what so ever

LukinLedbetter

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2014
I find it very slippery. Thinking I’ll order a dbrand skin for the back if I opt to keep it. Or I’ve also been a fan of Bear Motion sand cases as well. They’re low profile and add very little bulk.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
The V30 really is a great phone. I still have my T-Mobile version, but since I got the Pixel 2 XL last month, I've been using that as my daily driver.

But typing this on my V30 now which i haven't touched in weeks, this phone is amazing, the size is damn near perfect, and lightweight. Just a super cool phone.

But I'm such a stock Android fan, I just can't use a LG UI, or Samsung TouchWiz, or HTC Sense. I only like stock pure Android. I've tried all new phones, but there's something extra special about pure stock that I prefer.

Now if the V30 had a GPE version, it'd be the best phone of 2017. But for now the Pixel 2 XL is the best to me.

Last edited:

LukinLedbetter

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2014
Not sure what the draw is, but I'm going to return the V30 and go back to my P2XL. I'm sitting here trying to put my finger on it .I'm not sure it's something tangible that is leading me back to the 2xl. I just found myself missing using it. The V30 is a lovely device, no doubt.

Different strokes, I suppose.

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
Not sure what the draw is, but I'm going to return the V30 and go back to my P2XL. I'm sitting here trying to put my finger on it .I'm not sure it's something tangible that is leading me back to the 2xl. I just found myself missing using it. The V30 is a lovely device, no doubt.

Different strokes, I suppose.

Sounds similar to how I was with it.
I loved the V30, but after a short time something just didn't connect me to want to use it full time. Guess I knew there were better experiences to be had with other devices even though the hardware was spot on.

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
Sounds similar to how I was with it.
I loved the V30, but after a short time something just didn't connect me to want to use it full time. Guess I knew there were better experiences to be had with other devices even though the hardware was spot on.
Really my major reason for keeping it is the audio. I do appreciate that it's lightweight. The case I've got is very minimal but I wish I could find a good clear one. I sacrificed a JUMP to go from the V30 to V30+ due to color, headphones and storage. It would be nice to show off the color.

Reactions: Aneres11

ApolloBoy

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2015
San Jose, CA
Despite me originally wanting a Pixel 2, I ultimately sprung for a V30 as my next phone. The bloatware was annoying but I've since dealt with it, and having not only a headphone jack but wireless charging and a microSD slot is super nice. I also haven't noticed any screen issues so this one's a keeper.

Reactions: Septembersrain

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
BTW it seems most of the carriers are pushing the Oreo update for the V30, it’s about time.
Verizon has had the update already for I think a week. The Korean and unlocked versions have it. I think I read Sprint has it too. It's now down to T-Mobile, AT&T (US) and other foreign carriers outside of Korea.

Edit: Nevermind, the unlocked got an unofficial port. They haven't rolled out the official to them yet.

hemon

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2014
I'm looking to change my iPhone X for the LG V30 but I would like to know if and how satisfy you are about the LG V30. I read everywhere of many hardware issues, is it true?

steelcityguy

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2017
Florida East Coast
I'm looking to change my iPhone X for the LG V30 but I would like to know if and how satisfy you are about the LG V30. I read everywhere of many hardware issues, is it true?
Jee wiz, not
Ii have a V 30, a very underrated phone. I have had no problems with mine. Any apps I don't want, I put in a drawer, out of site. In my opinion the camera is excellent, a professional photographer I am not. The phone does everything that I ask it to do. The battery life is very good. Don't know what hardware problems you are referring to, I've had none. I like this phone much more then any IPhone that I have ever owned. All I know it works day after day.

hemon

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2014
Jee wiz, not
Ii have a V 30, a very underrated phone. I have had no problems with mine. Any apps I don't want, I put in a drawer, out of site. In my opinion the camera is excellent, a professional photographer I am not. The phone does everything that I ask it to do. The battery life is very good. Don't know what hardware problems you are referring to, I've had none. I like this phone much more then any IPhone that I have ever owned. All I know it works day after day.

Thank you for this. I ordered a used V30 for testing and comparing with the iPhone X. I'm interested specially in the sound quality through headphones. We will see…

steelcityguy

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2017
Florida East Coast
I know this is a very minor Android item, but to me it is important. The apps on my phone can be put in alphabetical order. Too my knowledge this can't be done on a iphone.

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
As a T-Mobile user, I'm getting pretty aggravated. LG sending me an email like this when we're still on an old OS. We are the last to get this update. It's totally unacceptable! Never again LG.

6022ef43df52180454b0088abc69dbbb.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.