Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

marklemac

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2003
Southampton, UK.
Yale have informed me that they will have their homekit module available for the 'Keyfree Connected' door lock available within the next 2 weeks.

julieknits

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2010
LIFX A19 and BR30 Smart LED Lightbulbs are now HomeKit compatible. I own 2 A19 color bulbs and 2 BR30 color bulbs. I was able to do a firmware update on each bulb and generate HomeKit codes to allow pairing within HomeKit. Not that bad, and now I can control them either via Siri or Alexa.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Leviton Decora Smart with HomeKit are HomeKit specific switches and dimmers.

They do not have or need a hub (AppleTV/iPad is obviously required for remote access). And the standard switch/dimmer are single pole but 3 and 4 way (up to 9 locations with a specific remote) compatible with the remote switches/dimmer. You can get a dozen different colors as well.

http://www.leviton.com/en/products/...mart-with-homekit-technology?itemsPerPage=All

IMO it seems to be one of the best switches/dimmers on the market if you are looking to go without another hub.

Last edited:

freeman1899

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2015
How is it possible to use Somfy Shades (io motors) with HomeKit? At least with the two hubs they offer (TaHoma and Connexoon) I can't find any information about HomeKit compatibility. Is there another Hub that can be used to integrate them?

Donfor39

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2012
Lanarkshire Scotland
I was browsing Amazon uk today.
Philips Hue have a starter bridge kit+small e14 Edison bulbs.
Is this all that I require to control lights via iphone se/ipadpro/apple tv-4k.

Is an electrician required to install Philips bridge.
Interested for 2018.
Unless there are better solutions that offer E14 Edison small screw bulbs.
Excluse me I have read a few posts,though not sure if they include what I require. (U.K)

Thanks in advance!

Donar

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
Germany
How is it possible to use Somfy Shades (io motors) with HomeKit? At least with the two hubs they offer (TaHoma and Connexoon) I can't find any information about HomeKit compatibility. Is there another Hub that can be used to integrate them?
If you don‘t mind tinkering it seems like you can use TaHoma with a software called homebridge and the homebridge-tahoma plugin.

Reactions: freeman1899

legacyb4

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Basically anything if you run HomeBridge on a server. Ironically my HomeBridge gear running via unofficial plugins for Logitech and Wemo is more stable than my official Philips Hue bridge.

Thumbs up for Homebridge; running a Wemo outlet thingy and a TP-Link light switch using this method.

BillGates1969

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2008
Poole, UK
Thumbs up for Homebridge; running a Wemo outlet thingy and a TP-Link light switch using this method.
Another big thumbs up for HomeBridge.

I run my Nest Thermostat, TPLink Sockets, WeMo Sockets, Sonoff switches, Netatmo Weather & Climate, Blink Cams and my iSmart Alarm all through HomeBridge and the Home app.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Ordered three Koogeek WiFi Smart Plugs. Will be my first step in the land of HomeKit... (not counting my Apple TV that shows up in the Home app since 11.3 beta)

really excited :)

Traveling to London this weekend to get a HomePod. Exicting weekend ahead!

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
The Netatmo thermostat is also HomeKit compatible now. Or at least the new ones are, can’t speak for any older ones getting updates.

I’ve just installed mine, it was the only one supposedly compatible with my boiler, which it wasn’t, but I’ve made it work. It’s just a relay, which I assume doubles up as the bridge and the thermostat. Everything is in the box.

Reactions: BillGates1969

FunnelDog

macrumors member
May 4, 2015
Atlantic Coast
I'll spend some time this week updating this list...
I found the VOCOlinc plug (which has cool external and separately controlled light) on amazon but no mention on apple.com.

This list looks thin and could be great resource.

Reactions: BlankStar

mpainesyd

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2008
Sydney, Australia
I have some WeMo switches working with Homekit via the WeMo hub. It would be very useful if there was the equivalent of a sunshine sensor for Homekit that I could use to switch devices on/off when my solar panels are generating/not generating. I suppose another way is to detect the current flowing through the solar panel wiring but it needs to be a clamp-on device that will not void my warranty. Either way there don't seem to be any suitable Homekit devices.

And thank you for the VOCOlinc suggestion - they have a good range of devices but not for the above.

johnnygoodface

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2018
You might wanna add the Logitech Circle 2 Homekit Security Camera to the list
I have it and it works very well.
Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.