Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

macOS Lynx

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2019
Didn’t see it on the list so I added it, but Google Fi has support for eSIMs on iPhone.

1616047933415.png

Reactions: TwitchyPuppy

liczi

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2021
I spent a few hours at the Apple Store on the phone to T-Mobile trying to get eSim activated on my new 11 Pro (I had an existing t-mobile eSim for my XS). What a saga! The T-Mobile phone support reps barely have any idea what to do. They said only the stores can help, which at 8:30pm I rushed to before it closed at 9. Finally got it working.

mystery hill

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2021
I spent a few hours at the Apple Store on the phone to T-Mobile trying to get eSim activated on my new 11 Pro (I had an existing t-mobile eSim for my XS). What a saga! The T-Mobile phone support reps barely have any idea what to do. They said only the stores can help, which at 8:30pm I rushed to before it closed at 9. Finally got it working.

@liczi, that's a pain. Glad it's now working.

NYCValkyrie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2019
US Mobile has pre-paid eSIM available now. I updated the first post w/ info below:

US Mobile: Pre-Paid Verizon (Super LTE) & TMO (LTE) MVNO has started offering eSIM on all plans. Super LTE has 5G service, unsure about the TMO/LTE. (If it isn't against the rules to post this, here is my referral link for up to $10 off when you sign up for new service.)

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
US Mobile has pre-paid eSIM available now. I updated the first post w/ info below:

US Mobile: Pre-Paid Verizon (Super LTE) & TMO (LTE) MVNO has started offering eSIM on all plans. Super LTE has 5G service, unsure about the TMO/LTE. (If it isn't against the rules to post this, here is my referral link for up to $10 off when you sign up for new service.)

I thought you could not get TMO on esim with US Mobile ?

George Knighton

macrumors 65816
Oct 13, 2010
I thought you could not get TMO on esim with US Mobile ?

Perhaps I do not fully understand what it is that you mean. I have two eSIM working at the same time. One of them is T-Mobile Magenta Max, and the other is US Mobile Unlimited.

Princejb134

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2012
Wow, such convoluted mess. Why do we want this instead of simply putting a physical SIM inside a phone?

I fail to see the logic of eSIM. Unless Apple becomes the provider hosting all the carrier options so user can directly choose carriers via Apple, I don’t see the point of eSIM.
They used the extra space in order to add the additional chips such as satellite connectivity as well as better processors for the camera

NYCValkyrie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2019
They used the extra space in order to add the additional chips such as satellite connectivity as well as better processors for the camera

There's no need to reply to a post from 2.25 years ago. lol. I think we've all learned this by now.

NYCValkyrie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2019
Xfinity Mobile supports ESim now per this linked article:

Looks like you do the activation on their website.

Thanks for this. I checked on Spectrum and they support eSIM on iPhones with plans to roll out to more devices later, according to their site. I just tried it and (not surprisingly) it's having issues. lol. But at least they are trying. It'll get better across the board but it's gonna be painful for a bit.

Reactions: theonekcrow

ecschwarz

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2010
A few weeks ago Cricket added eSIM support, so I noted the change. It seems to function as seamless as AT&T postpaid.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.