Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mfram

Contributor
Jan 23, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
I'm using a MX Master 3S with Logi Options+ on my 2020 (Intel) MBP over Bluetooth and have no scrolling issues at all. It works as expected. I have the scroll selector switch set to "smooth" scroll.

chad.petree

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2013
Germany
I wonder if the
I'm using a MX Master 3S with Logi Options+ on my 2020 (Intel) MBP over Bluetooth and have no scrolling issues at all. It works as expected. I have the scroll selector switch set to "smooth" scroll.
I wonder if the issue is that it hasn’t been optimized to work with apple silicon

Dr. McKay

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2010
Belgium, Europe
I had the MX Master 2S, used it on an Intel iMac, same problem. It surprises me that a major brand like Logitech even dares to release a newer model that still has the same issues...

SirAnthonyHopkins

macrumors 6502a
Sep 29, 2020
So do you just remove Logi Options+? Or do you use them both together 🤔
Both together is fine! Logi Options still gives you control over other elements, but Mos just smooths the annoying jittery scrolling without which I find the MX 3 pretty unusable. With Mos installed though it's the perfect mouse imo.

To all the people in this thread still saying theirs doesn't work and etc: try Mos! It's pretty rubbish to have to rely on third party software to make a £100 bit of kit work as expected, but the software is free and it really does work.

Reactions: vded and gianton

Elviss116

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2020
Yes, I suffer every day with my MX Master 3S. All buttons are fine except the garbage scroll wheel that's too soft and heavy and skips scrolls or doesn't even register any when I scroll too fast. This mouse has a serious hardware design flaw and very few people on the internet mention it.

my mx master 3s no have this problem

cateye

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2011
No issues here. People seem to be wanting to plug-and-play a third party mouse and choosing one that by design only realizes its full potential with a third party driver and a period of tweaking. If you're not willing to do that, then yes, return it and choose a more consumer-oriented product. But proclaiming "it broken" is wrong. It's not.

I use SteerMouse as my driver to completely replace MacOS's acceleration and scroll curves, and program function chords for the buttons. It's a great piece of software for taking complete control of your mouse, but there are others that aren't quite so nerdcore (as others in this thread have recommended).

Reactions: SirAnthonyHopkins

enc0re

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2010
FWIW, I use a Mech Master Mini keyboard and MX Master 3s mouse. Not impressed by the feel of the mouse on Windows or Mac. Also, the mouse cursor lags sometimes and I have to wiggle it to get it to smooth out. I use Bolt connections to both the Win and the Mac machine.

I had high expectations for Bolt because I previously used Logitech LIGHTSPEED products (a different dongle) and that was really good. Indistinguishable from wired.

My wife went Keychron and her setup is better. I was skeptical because in my opinion dongle > bluetooth. But I was wrong and she was right. I expect next time I'll choose Keychron as well.

raccoondesign

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2022
Ukraine
Hello from Ukraine!) 🇺🇦
Has anyone managed to solve the problem with scrolling pages in mac os?) And can Mos software really solve this problem?
This mouse has a very terrible engineering implementation of scrolling(((

Here are some of the problems I've encountered on my Macbook 16 m1 pro:
1)
2)
3)

Now I don't know whether to return this mouse back to the store (since I didn't find any alternatives to work with the ui/ux design) or try to install the Mos software, but will it help to solve the skipping and interrupting problem when scrolling pages...

P.S: If anyone knows how to solve the scrolling problem, please write me in Telegram: @doc2g

Last edited:

raccoondesign

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2022
Ukraine
Hello from Ukraine!) 🇺🇦
Has anyone managed to solve the problem with scrolling pages in mac os?) And can Mos software really solve this problem?
This mouse has a very terrible engineering implementation of scrolling(((

Here are some of the problems I've encountered on my Macbook 16 m1 pro:
1)
2)
3)

Now I don't know whether to return this mouse back to the store (since I didn't find any alternatives to work with the ui/ux design) or try to install the Mos software, but will it help to solve the skipping and interrupting problem when scrolling pages...

P.S: If anyone knows how to solve the scrolling problem, please write me in Telegram: @doc2g
I installed the Mos program, the scrolling became smoother, BUT it still does not fix the mechanical problem, when I try to scroll very fast, it seems that the mouse skips beats and scrolls slowly in some moments as I demonstrated in 3 videos(( 😨

Reactions: kToni73

JaredJenkinsDesign

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2022
I've got the MX Master 3S with both an Intel MBP and a Mac Studio. Scrolling was laggy on the Mac Studio although installing the Logi Options+ app and enabling smooth scrolling seemed to fix my problem. I've had no issues with the Intel MBP and that's without Logi Options since that's my work laptop.

pinkkie

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2022
Maybe you got a defective mouse then. It's the only thing I can imagine.
It's defective by design, I have tried 3 of these, use one daily and all of them have the scrolling problem. Definitely don't get the mouse if you're used to fast jerky up/down scrolling, it only works fine if you scroll slowly.

• Love
Reactions: aylk

raccoondesign

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2022
Ukraine
I also noticed a problem when I connect the usb receiver bolt to the adapter from Ugreen (there is also hdmi connected), then the mouse hangs even more and the signal starts to disappear.
In conclusion, I handed this mouse back to the store, it's just horrible. My old Chinese mouse from Trust works much better than this one.

Now I have a question: If I bought Master MX 3S and I had problems with it (especially with the scroll), is the same problem present in the previous model just Master MX 3?

And in general, can anyone advise me the best mouse from logitech that is similar in shape to the Master MX 3S, but that works super with m1 processors and has no problems with the scroll? :)

lixuelai

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2008
I had a 3s and returned it for a 2s. The 3s gave me wrist pains and the scrolling just didn't feel as responsive. 2s is fine, feels the same as the original MX Master it replaced.

Reactions: kToni73

Godf1st

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2012
I use a little app called Smoove. Makes mouse wheel scrolling buttery smooth and gives it some kinetic momentum (customizable) like a trackpad.
I think your problem is that Logitech software for macOS just sucks.
This app worked for me, thanks!

BikGer2

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2022
Mos is a life-saver. Having gotten a MXM3S recently, I've noticed the scrolling was super choppy.
Also, the Logitech Options+ software has a memory leak, so it just keeps infinitely eating RAM.
The issue has existed for quite some time now.

Last edited:

ml2014

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2014
Mos is a life-saver. Having gotten a MXM3S recently, I've noticed the scrolling was super choppy.
Also, the Logitech Options+ software has a memory leak, so it just keeps infinitely eating RAM.
The issue has existed for quite some time now.
This right here. MOS fixed it right up. A little issue installing the software (new to Mac) and there is a bug with enabling accessibility options, but the fix is posted on Github. Took me two hours but worth it with way more smooth "normal" scrolling. Crazy Logitech can't figure this out.

MacDaddyPanda

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2018
Murica
MOS fixes the non-Mac Mouse scrolling issue. There was also one called smoothscroll, but they wanted $10/yr. I'm sorry but it can't possibly cost that much to develop the software to fix a scroll after the initial development time. I don't mind paying a one time charge, but yrly sub for a minor software fix? And why can't Apple seriously put some effort into this? It can't possibly be that time consuming or costly for them to fix this.

Reactions: SirAnthonyHopkins

SirAnthonyHopkins

macrumors 6502a
Sep 29, 2020
MOS fixes the non-Mac Mouse scrolling issue. There was also one called smoothscroll, but they wanted $10/yr. I'm sorry but it can't possibly cost that much to develop the software to fix a scroll after the initial development time. I don't mind paying a one time charge, but yrly sub for a minor software fix? And why can't Apple seriously put some effort into this? It can't possibly be that time consuming or costly for them to fix this.
Why are you putting the burden onto Apple to fix Logitech’s problem?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.