Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

japanime

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
My awards are once again completely ruined. Nothing at all updates. My "Longest Move Streak" was reset to zero about 10 days ago, and has not changed since. I haven't gotten any of the "Perfect Week" badges the past two weeks.

ChrisN718

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2013
Flushing, NY
And again out of nowhere my Move streak has reset to 35 and my move awards have become greyed out.

For me it seems to happen whenever there's a big iOS update.

Reactions: japanime

japanime

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
And again out of nowhere my Move streak has reset to 35 and my move awards have become greyed out.

For me it seems to happen whenever there's a big iOS update.
Same. All of my badges stopped updating when I updated to IOS 17. My Move streak was reset to zero and has not changed since September 21. Apple "support" has been of no use whatsoever.

ChrisN718

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2013
Flushing, NY
Same. All of my badges stopped updating when I updated to IOS 17. My Move streak was reset to zero and has not changed since September 21. Apple "support" has been of no use whatsoever.

At first I thought it was because I was still using an iPhone X and Series 3 but looks like others with newer devices are having similar issues.

japanime

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
Apple seems to have pushed a UI update to the watch, as mine is now showing the activity badges in a new way. Hopefully this means the issues are finally being addressed.

Reactions: Coltaine

Coltaine

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
Have the issues resolved now?
I had a few hiccups with the badges, when I upgraded to my new devices (iPhone 15 Pro and Apple Watch Series 9) and the most current OSes, but they straightened out pretty quickly. I had worse „badge incidents“ in the past that took until the turn of the month, until everything reverted back to normal. No permanent losses so far.
Keeping fingers crossed that Apple will work this out going forward.

I have a personal history of weight loss and pursuing a more active and healthy lifestyle, going from roughly 220 lbs to 163 lbs (100 kg to 74 kg) and permanently staying there that is closely related to the Apple Watch. I have become pretty attached to all the awards, I have earned, and I would hate to lose my move streak. It is kind of a „psychological bridge“ for me to keep pushing myself. First World problems, I know. But I can understand people.

I hope, things will improve for everyone!

Reactions: japanime

Whigu

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2022
It will also delete the associated data, yes. I‘ve tried that - fortunately with an entry that had almost no data linked to it.
What I should do with my watch if I want to sell it? Can I remove it from my icloud and so on but not from watch app?

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Have the issues resolved now?
I had a few hiccups with the badges, when I upgraded to my new devices (iPhone 15 Pro and Apple Watch Series 9) and the most current OSes, but they straightened out pretty quickly. I had worse „badge incidents“ in the past that took until the turn of the month, until everything reverted back to normal. No permanent losses so far.
Keeping fingers crossed that Apple will work this out going forward.

I have a personal history of weight loss and pursuing a more active and healthy lifestyle, going from roughly 220 lbs to 163 lbs (100 kg to 74 kg) and permanently staying there that is closely related to the Apple Watch. I have become pretty attached to all the awards, I have earned, and I would hate to lose my move streak. It is kind of a „psychological bridge“ for me to keep pushing myself. First World problems, I know. But I can understand people.

I hope, things will improve for everyone!
Keep up the good work. My AW is helping me with my fitness a lot. The daily and monthly goals work as motivation for me. Current move streak is 1120 days.

Reactions: Coltaine

japanime

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
1697630883799.png

So now Apple is subtracting days from my streak. Apple must think I'm some sort of Benjamin Button. 😡

Reactions: madeirabhoy

BSG75

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2015
Tennessee
This has happened to me when I've either gotten a new watch or a new phone. My move streak is messed up for around three days. It happened again when I got my 15 Pro Max, but everything was back to normal three days after the phone was set up. I think iCloud needs some time to catch up, especially with longer streaks. I'm currently at 2,571 days in a row and 10 days away from 3,000 lifetime move goals.

Reactions: Coltaine and jz0309

nightpilot

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2018
Chicago
My move goal awards have come back to normal for me today but my longest move streak is still messed up.
My ‘longest move streak’ and the count to ‘2750 move goals’ add up correctly about half of the time … sometimes lagging a couple of days.
But I found out that in my case if I turn the iPhone only off, then on, it updates those 2 badges correctly right away.
Apple is slaking on this software big time. Always some minor problem with the badges.

Coltaine

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
I also found that the new Health App on the iPad is not syncing correctly and always lagging behind a little bit. And there is not consistent way to trigger an update.
You wonder how and why, when in the end, it is just a few numbers in a table that have to be kept in sync between two devices.

Reactions: nightpilot

ChrisN718

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2013
Flushing, NY
Something new I'm experiencing now is that my Longest Move Streak after being reset to 35 about a week ago has then jumped to 70 days after a few days and today it reset back to 35 🤷‍♂️

UPDATE: I just checked my fitness app again on my iPhone and lo and behold my longest move streak is showing correctly lol. I'm kinda scared now to update to iOS 16.7.2 when that gets released most likely this week.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.