Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Regarding that picture with all the luggage, would AirTags really help you in finding it? When I look on my iPhone screen to check my luggage at home, it basically gives me a circular shaded area that encompasses my apartment, a few other apartments and the majority of the street outside my window. It's a pretty wide area, enough to encompass all of that baggage.
What model phone do you have?

With iphone 11 and above, once you're within ~25ft of the airtag, Precision Finding gives you direction and distance.

airtag-precision-finding-2.jpg

Clingpeach

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
Regarding that picture with all the luggage, would AirTags really help you in finding it? When I look on my iPhone screen to check my luggage at home, it basically gives me a circular shaded area that encompasses my apartment, a few other apartments and the majority of the street outside my window. It's a pretty wide area, enough to encompass all of that baggage.
Airport staff do not care to inform the passenger that the delayed luggage has even arrived. If it were not for my AirTag I would have had no idea that the baggage had arrived at its final destination. I take a pic of my luggage before boarding and showed it. My luggage was retrieved

• Love
Reactions: addamas

patmondal

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2018
Every time I fly, I put my wallet and key AirTags in my checked bags. I always see them at the place I dropped them off; then by the plane with me at the gate. Then again somewhere at the gate at destination and then by me when it comes to baggage claim. No idea how effective it would be when trying to find bag amount a huge pile of other bags; but if it went to a different city, I would know where it went at least.

Reactions: KaliYoni
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.