Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emmab2006

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2008
Stoke on trent
Erm , General Question , for those of you who have ordered in the U.K, is it normal for the money used to pay for your mac go’s from on hold , to back in your account ?….just its a bit odd

eldho

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2011
Erm , General Question , for those of you who have ordered in the U.K, is it normal for the money used to pay for your mac go’s from on hold , to back in your account ?….just its a bit odd
I am from NZ but yes, I also experienced that and have done so before. I even got my mac mini before they charged me for it!

emmab2006

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2008
Stoke on trent
IMG_2779.jpeg

Just Arrived this second

Pointillism

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2007
The Real Bay Area, CA
I ordered a BTO M2 Max, 38-core GPU, 1TB HDD Mac Studio back on June 22nd, asked for it to be shipped to a local Apple Store here in the SF Bay Area, and was initially told that it wouldn't arrive until early-mid August. However, much to my surprise, I got an email earlier today that the thing has now arrived... which is nice, though it does now mean I've got to deal with awful holiday weekend-related traffic in order to pick it up.

Paint.It.Black

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2008
Ordered Mac Studio Ultra with 192GB ram and 8T of storage on June 20th. Expected delivery frame was 14th to 27th of July but it was shipped on the 1st of July and delivered today July 3rd, which might be the fastest Apple shipping from China to Europe I have seen. Unfortunately the XDR display to go with it will probably only arrive next week.

jpefjr

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
I just placed my order for an M2 Ultra 24/60 with 128 GB and 2 TB from B&H. We'll see how quickly it ships but the same configuration is being listed on Apple as being available at my local Apple store on July 14.

Reactions: ddsforlife

titaniumdoughnu

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2011
Card finally charged today for a BTO placed on 6/13. It's shipping direct to store, so there's no "preparing to ship" status, but I'm guessing this might be equivalent to that.

M2 Ultra, 76c GPU, 192gb, 4tb

This has now shipped for a store pickup in 7 days! (A full week earlier than the store pickup prediction had been set for.) I didn't get an alert of any kind that it had shipped, so guessing the status changed in the last day or two while I was off grid over the (US) holiday weekend.

ddsforlife

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2019
SoCal
IMG_5479.jpeg
Delivered!

Ordered June 18/Studio M2 Ultra/192/4/Delivered July 6

Woohoo!

I was a bit shocked that no signature was required. (FedEx in SoCal) Thankfully someone at home was there to get the package. Still at the office, but anxious to get home and set it up!

jpefjr

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
I just placed my order for an M2 Ultra 24/60 with 128 GB and 2 TB from B&H. We'll see how quickly it ships but the same configuration is being listed on Apple as being available at my local Apple store on July 14.
I just got a shipping notice. Not bad, order placed on July 4th and it was shipped today, July 9th. And it wasn't in stock when I placed the order. Looks like B&H got a shipment of Mac Studios in today because their online inventories have changed for the various configurations.

Screenshot 2023-07-09 at 3.00.15 PM.png

Matt Leaf

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2012
Just ordered an M2 Max, 12/30, 32gb, 2tb. Have had the Studio Display about 9 months mostly docked with an M2 Air/Intel MBP, be good to finally have something permanent that packs a lot more punch for projects and training.

To me this format has already paid for itself by virtue of the M2. If this was an iMac and I'd bought it as an M1, well, that would be that. But just being able to have the display for a bit, and buy the computer seperate, lo and behold a gen 2 came sooner rather than later, it's a great thing. Good time to buy shouldn't be another Studio for a year or so.

Last edited:
Reactions: emmab2006

Matt Leaf

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2012
Mine arrived a few days ago. As always, unboxing experience is next level.

My feeling is the performance so far isn't been mind bending. I have an M2 Air - and in some system cases it seems the Air is snappier.

But it seems what you get is more headroom and more responsiveness depending on how demanding the App is.
I'm looking forward to trying renders at some point.

For now, the inter connect with the Studio Display seems to be more finely tuned than my Air. With the Air, I always had to unplug the monitor to effectively get it to power down.

Now, with the Studio, selecting Sleep has the intended effect, the Display and Studio both power down to complete silence and no power draw can be heard from the rear of the Studio Display (as is usually the case).

Just for that I'm very happy. And it's kind of why I bought the Mac Studio, I really wanted a machine plugged in at home that was always available, not something I had to plug in all the time.

However I say this typing from an M2 Air - there is a point in the day where I just want to hit the couch, so a Studio isn't always useful.

Simultaneously - I do love that lifestyle of a docked MacBook, and being able to grab what you're working on and change locations. Maybe that will come in the future with an upgrade to an M3 laptop, and I can move the Studio on?

It calls to mind something a fantasy feature I've really wished was available on the Mac lineup - something I'll call Mirror Drive. Which is basically - no matter which Mac I pick up - it's the exact same system.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Ordered a base model with 1TB on 5 August and it shipped on 9 August from China so hopefully it will be here soon.

EDIT: Should be here on 14 August based on tracking.

Last edited:

Matt Leaf

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2012
I should admit that I returned my Mac Studio. It’s weird to say but, for my use case, the performance didn’t impress me in the end. I’ve decided to switch it up and go with a PC build, my first in honestly 20 years or so. I expect Apple Silicon to eventually catch up on gaming and 3D, but until then I might watch from the sidelines. My Air Seems to cover my Mac needs exceptionally well at this point, and docked to the Studio Display as needed.

splifingate

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2013
ATL
Ordered a M2 Max 64G/2TB on 19Nov, with an expected deliver-to-store on 5Dec.

Currently Shipping to Store...

StudioM2Max-2TB64G.jpg StudioM2Max-2TB64G_updated-shipping.jpeg

[Edit: Updated Shipping]

[[Edit: delivered to Store; picked-up, tonight (27Nov)]]

Awaiting cabling for monitors before powering-it-on....

Last edited:

Phil77354

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2014
Pacific Northwest, U.S.
I ordered a new Mac Studio (M2 Max, 12/30/16, 64GB memory, 2TB storage), along with Studio Display (tilt- and height-adjustable, standard glass), on 11/12. Also a new keyboard and mouse (black). Received the display, keyboard and mouse on 11/15, and the computer shipped from China on 11/17 and will be delivered by FedEx today.

The computer was held up in Anchorage for almost two days due to some kind of clearance delay / FedEx systems outage, but moved quickly once that was cleared and after going through Memphis and then back to the Northwest, it was put on the delivery truck to me this morning and arrived on my doorstep just as I was writing this!

Replacing a late 2014 iMac (27-inch, 32GB memory, 500 GB SSD that has been a terrific computer but is no longer receiving macOS updates. I had been hoping for a new iMac large-screen replacement for the past year or two but finally accepted that Apple is not doing that (anytime soon, at least). The Studio is going to be a gigantic step forward for me compared to the iMac and should handle all of my needs for many years!

Reactions: richmlow

Phil77354

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2014
Pacific Northwest, U.S.
I ordered a new Mac Studio (M2 Max, 12/30/16, 64GB memory, 2TB storage), along with Studio Display (tilt- and height-adjustable, standard glass), on 11/12. Also a new keyboard and mouse (black). Received the display, keyboard and mouse on 11/15, and the computer shipped from China on 11/17 and will be delivered by FedEx today.

The computer was held up in Anchorage for almost two days due to some kind of clearance delay / FedEx systems outage, but moved quickly once that was cleared and after going through Memphis and then back to the Northwest, it was put on the delivery truck to me this morning and arrived on my doorstep just as I was writing this!

Replacing a late 2014 iMac (27-inch, 32GB memory, 500 GB SSD that has been a terrific computer but is no longer receiving macOS updates. I had been hoping for a new iMac large-screen replacement for the past year or two but finally accepted that Apple is not doing that (anytime soon, at least). The Studio is going to be a gigantic step forward for me compared to the iMac and should handle all of my needs for many years!

Everything is hooked up now and I'm in the process of transferring my information to the new Mac Studio.

One immediate impression - the Studio Display is much more attractive than my iMac, something I hadn't really anticipated. The display 'size' is the same at 27", but the iMac has much wider bezels plus the large 'chin' at the bottom - no match for the much cleaner and more elegant look of the Studio Display. The adjustment range of the Studio Display is also more than I expected, nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: iSuzan and richmlow

splifingate

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2013
ATL
Everything is hooked up now and I'm in the process of transferring my information to the new Mac Studio.

One immediate impression - the Studio Display is much more attractive than my iMac, something I hadn't really anticipated. The display 'size' is the same at 27", but the iMac has much wider bezels plus the large 'chin' at the bottom - no match for the much cleaner and more elegant look of the Studio Display. The adjustment range of the Studio Display is also more than I expected, nice.

The Studio Display is a really, really nice piece of Kit.

Enjoy.

Reactions: yadmonkey

Phil77354

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2014
Pacific Northwest, U.S.
I labored and labored over the monitor choices when I bought my Studio and Studio Display this summer. It's a really beautiful display.
Yes. I remember when the Studio Display was first introduced and there was so much criticism, particularly regarding the camera quality (if I remember correctly). As a result, I was reluctant for a long time to even consider purchasing it. When I finally decided to purchase the Mac Studio I just decided that the Studio Display must surely be 'fixed' at this point, if in fact it was even needing fixing. Glad I did.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.