Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RicardoDiaz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
I bet that will be the name of Mac OS X 10.6, being the last OS X version and given the fact that the lion is the king of the feline family.

BilltheCat

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2007
Sanford FL
And on what do you base the assumption that 10.6 will be the last of OS X?

What they call it is of no consequence, really. They could call it "Fat Lazy Furball Poop Machine" and I'd buy it.

:D :D Me too! Do you think they would name 10.6 that if we all asked nicely? I would love it!!

Silentwave

macrumors 68000
May 26, 2006
My bet is that it might be Lynx or Cougar. You know...the ones they registered as trademarks at the same time as Tiger and Leopard.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
I prefer that the change the name to be Mac OS X - Sun

From that April Fools joke

That actually gives me an idea, what if the names of OS 11 were after planets? That would be pretty cool. Excluding Uranus, of course. :D

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
My bet is that it might be Lynx or Cougar. You know...the ones they registered as trademarks at the same time as Tiger and Leopard.

Yeah I bet Cougar next then Lynx but then again these threads are about as useful as us talking about problems with the iPhone that isn't even out.

iJawn108

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2006
mac os x hyena?
they shouldnt do dog names.

Lynxs would be great for sure. I wonder if they will give a name to the iPhone OS? I thought that since the lynx is small it could use that name.

But the best would be

OS XI Trogdor.

herr_neumann

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2003
Roseville, Ca
they shouldnt do dog names.

Lynxs would be great for sure. I wonder if they will give a name to the iPhone OS? I thought that since the lynx is small it could use that name.

But the best would be

OS XI Trogdor.
Yes the BURNiNATOR is glorious enough to be the inspiration for an Apple OS. The question t that point is, would the OS be glorious enough to have the name?....

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
I still don't get why you think 10.6 will be the last OS X?

Its because he's new to Mac and therefore he must create a dramatic tense for whatever he's talking about. I'm weary of the new Mac users who make dramatic claims about a company they really know sh*t about.

BTW 10.6 will be called Kitten, because there just sooo cute!

Lynxpoint

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2005
being a baseless speculation thread, I will cast my vote for an upcoming OS X version being called Caracal (or Serval). :lol:

Manic Mouse

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2006
Its because he's new to Mac and therefore he must create a dramatic tense for whatever he's talking about. I'm weary of the new Mac users who make dramatic claims about a company they really know sh*t about.

BTW 10.6 will be called Kitten, because there just sooo cute!

I hate grammar nazis, but come on! They're = they are. There = place.

OSX has been out for what, 7 years? Will apple really keep with it that much longer before OSXI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.