Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasonbot

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2006
The Rainbow Nation RSA
herr_neumann said:
Yes the BURNiNATOR is glorious enough to be the inspiration for an Apple OS. The question t that point is, would the OS be glorious enough to have the name?....

Trogdor might be the greatest BURNINATOR ever but Who want an OS that will just BURNINATE peasants and countryside's all day- That sounds less practical than even windows Vista!

giganten

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2006
Originally Posted by iJawn108 View Post
they shouldnt do dog names.

Lynxs would be great for sure. I wonder if they will give a name to the iPhone OS? I thought that since the lynx is small it could use that name.

But the best would be

OS XI Trogdor.

well hyenas are related closer to cats than dogs

Yep they are closer to cats.

Although hyenas bear some physical resemblance to wild dogs, they make up a separate biological family which is most closely related to Herpestidae (the family of mongooses and meerkats).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyena

imMAColata

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2006
Uh, isn't Mac OS X just a snazzy way of playing with the number 10? Back in my first mac days it was OS 7 and then it was OS 8. In my long absence OS 9 came and then OS 10 - or Eckss - came. Defo didn't take them 17 years to go from OS7 to OS10 :)

[edit] ah, just did some wiki sleuthing. Seems that OS X was indeed a fundamental change to a loonix/oonix based operating system. Guess the difference between OS 7 and 9 was much smaller than 9 to 10. I stand corrected :)

animenick65

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2006
I think they should name OS11 by planet names. Would be pretty sweet. Or even by constellations. OS11 Orion just sounds plain cooool.

apb3

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2006
PTSD therapy
Mac OS X 10.6 Orang Pendek

cryptozoological names would be so much, well, funner.

Attachments

• orang.jpg
    orang.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 1,127

Manic Mouse

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2006
We should speculate on the Finder changes in OS 10.6 now. Cause seriously we need to. I'll start:
The Finder in OS X 10.6 will be 4-D.

Am I the only one who doesn't think the Finder is that bad? I don't own a Mac, but I play about with them fairly often and I like the Finder better than Explorer...

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
Am I the only one who doesn't think the Finder is that bad? I don't own a Mac, but I play about with them fairly often and I like the Finder better than Explorer...

That was kinda part of my joke on that post. Cause I have no problem with the Finder either. Which proves my theory that I'm not much of a complainer.

Shotgun OS

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2006
Ohio
I think Cougar will be next.....the two-syllable thing seems to work (Jaguar, Tiger, Lepoard). Lynx makes me think of the 'last of the line' for some reason. :p

Apple should totally go random and name the OS after mythical creatures. Mac OSX:
Behemoth
Centaur
Chimaera
Garuda
Gorgon
Hydra
Titan

:rolleyes:

GeeYouEye

macrumors 68000
Dec 9, 2001
State of Denial
I doubt OS 11 will be planets. Mercury was a hardware codename, as was Jupiter, IIRC.

The real question is: what will Apple need to do in 10.6?

And there is only one answer we can give for sure:

FTFF

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.