Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
joshuawaire said:
Apple typically moves the product lines that are going to be updated to a 3 to 5 day wait. They can't advertise 24 hour shipping, and not deliver. Remember, the majority of Apple's customers probably have no idea that updates are imminent.

How about this one from Apple's store :

Refurbished AirPort Express Base Station with AirTunes
10-15 business days
Free Shipping

10-15 days?

Something tells me Apple is expecting a lot of Airport Express's in 10 days ;)

arkmannj

macrumors 68000
Oct 1, 2003
UT
Peace said:
How about this one from Apple's store :

Refurbished AirPort Express Base Station with AirTunes
10-15 business days
Free Shipping

10-15 days?

Something tells me Apple is expecting a lot of Airport Express's in 10 days ;)

I hope so, I hope we're seeing new express's and extreme's.
the feature I would like most is built in storage (maybe 1gb or 2gb)
or even a 2nd usb port (or a firewire) to attach a flash drive / external hard drive.
I'm not downplaying streaming video, that would be awesome to.
yes I want all of the cake and to eat it too.:cool:

simie

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2004
Sitting
http://www.intel.com/products/viiv/description.htm#components

Take charge of your media
Watch what you want to watch, when you want to watch it

Will you be able to watch a movie that has not been officially released in the cinemas, I don't think so. This depends on how you are supposed to get the media.

Share movies, photos and music

Is this file sharing over a Lan or using Limewire etc, or is this a like itunes where you have got to spend money - nothinng new here.

We can already transfer digital media and music to other devices like ipods.

Digital life simplified

Intel® Viiv™ technology puts the power of your digital media library into your hands.^ Now you can search, find, play and watch even faster.

Even Windows allows you to search for media. Macs do it better.

Nothing new here

Entertainment

Entertainment services
With your Intel® Viiv™ technology-based PC, you can access a wide variety of global, on-demand entertainment services from companies like Movielink*, Yahoo MusicMatch*, DISCover*, Adobe* and many more. These include services that deliver content directly to consumers, as well as solutions that will help software providers bring Intel Viiv technology verified content to market faster.

Ah! this is where you have to pay, for the on-demand entertainment. I like going to the cinema, The screen is bigger than my 30" display.

Music
Access over a million songs from both subscription and purchase options. Make playlists, and watch concerts and videos.

Itunes store - why do we need anything else.

Games
Download hundreds of games from arcade classics to the hottest new titles and play them on the big screen.

We can do this aready - We can download anything from demo through to freeware and shareware. nothing new

Photos
Organize, edit and share your photos.

Use ACDSEE on Windows and iphoto on the Mac. then upload then on to the net. nothing new here.

Key components

Processor
Dual-core 64-bit processing power means smooth performance and complete control of your digital media.

This is nonsense, how as the windows world up and till now been playing and organizing their media.

Chipset
Advanced technology works in harmony with Intel drivers for vivid graphics, smooth video playback and support for up to 7.1 channel surround sound.

More nonsense - this is just a ploy to get you to think that they have reinvented the wheel and that you need to upgrade to their latest product.

Operating system
Microsoft Windows* XP Media Center Edition makes it easy to control and enjoy your digital media.

Any operating system with the right codecs installed and a supported player.

Cancelled
Aug 18, 2005
joshuawaire said:
All of Apple's product lines report 24 hour shipping at the Apple Store Online. Anyone else worried that this year's MacWorld might be a let down besides iLife 06? :eek:

Yeah I was looking at that too.. Very worrying indeed. I'm really hoping for an Intel Mac Mini because I'm ready to buy a mini but I want one with the latest intel technology so it will last me for a while. And I want to be able to run Windows too :) (Sorry! But it's good not needing to have 2 boxes around)

Unless they're just going to announce new hardware but start shipping later. Very unusual for Apple but then again, the whole intel thing can not be called usual either :)

Edit: Trying to get my new signature to appear :)

wHo_tHe

macrumors regular
joshuawaire said:
Apple typically moves the product lines that are going to be updated to a 3 to 5 day wait. They can't advertise 24 hour shipping, and not deliver. Remember, the majority of Apple's customers probably have no idea that updates are imminent.
Why wouldn't they be able to deliver? It's not like any current stock on hand transforms into cherry pits the second that Steve Jobs says "one more thing..." If they have stock on hand, I'd imagine their site would say they could ship immediately.

As soon as any replacement was announced, though, I'd imagine the old models would show up on Apple's red tag sale page, my favorite... :)

Goldfinger

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2006
Belgium
They can always introduce the new Intel machines now and ship them later. OR they could sell the Intels alongside the PPCs...no ?

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
wHo_tHe said:
Why wouldn't they be able to deliver? It's not like any current stock on hand transforms into cherry pits the second that Steve Jobs says "one more thing..." If they have stock on hand, I'd imagine their site would say they could ship immediately.

As soon as any replacement was announced, though, I'd imagine the old models would show up on Apple's red tag sale page, my favorite... :)

you mean like the 10-15 day ship time for this :
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...VMXyV/1.0.0.19.1.0.8.7.3.5.1.1.15.1.5.1.1.5.0

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.