Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Codeline

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2020
? Expletive is definitely a good description of my feelings. I think the Woolenex is in the EU shop now so easier to give it a try and return if its not working. My ICON sleeve is really good though so that's calmed me down a bit! Will decide on Woolenex when/if it arrives.

Your hardcase looks great! Im not a fan of how they look normally but that is maybe one of the nicest ones I have seen.

How is the hinge/display angle, no issues with it jamming or tightening?
I haven’t seen the Wollenex case anywhere apart from the US yet, must be looking in the wrong place ??.

I am throughly delighted with the case, it compliments the MBP perfectly with no obvious anomalies. I noticed a review for fingerprint marks on the exterior of the shell and yes I have noticed that too. Nothing to worry about and the case easily wipes clean, show me a surface at this price point that doesn‘t show marks! I’m not worried about it at all.

I would note the case is slightly smoother/slippery than the Woolenex case, obviously yet worth mentioning.

I will probably try out the Woolenex case if they ever get stock in my local Apple store.

There is zero problem with the hinge at any angle including fully opened. There is a slight gap between the top/bottom case when fully opened that i could just make out & hopefully you can see it in this picture.
I included a fully open setting and my own preference screen adjustment too.

After 6 months having my 16’’ MBP sitting in a slightly modified 2015 15’’ case I am delighted.

I hope you get your case soon ?

D79619FD-EB73-4206-A5C1-268A34A4978C.png 5EB421AB-E41C-4F3A-8B12-20DFFEDA6D9C.png 9D10894A-ABDE-4EC0-ABFE-E6091EAE1AD4.png

sgadher

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2012
Hi All

Just thought I would provide some info on the incase textured hardcase with woolenex. Fits quite well to my 15" MacBook Pro, opens all the way and there is no gaps between case and MacBook Pro. However, as mentioned previously, when I attempt to push down on the front of the MacBook Pro where the lip is to open it up, there is a bit of give and I am able to push it down. I bought this as protection within my house as it rarely goes outside.
I've also purchased the navy blue leather sleeve so will see which one I prefer before sending one of the two back.

If anyone has any questions or can offer advice on the leather sleeve, it would be appreciated. Obviously there is a massive price difference between the two but if there is anything else I should be aware of please let me know.

Thanks
S

steakeyes

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2020
Are there any cases for the new 2020 MBP 13'' available yet? The hardshell ones on Apple's site list ones that fit 2016-2019 models.

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
I always get these for my MacBooks. Good quality and enough protection for me.

Inateck Laptop Sleeve Case Compatible 16 Inch MacBook Pro 2019 (A2141) /15.4 Inch MacBook Pro Retina 2013-2015 Case/Dell XPS 15 Sleeve, with Small Case for Accessory - Dark Gray https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01D0V7XSC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_fGfREb7TT9WGC

Got one of these today for my new MBP 13. Already had one for my iPad. Awesome value, and a decent product. Cable pouch a nice bonus too.

Reactions: AVBeatMan

MizMayhem

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2020
Does anybody know anything about Native Union cases? I am interested in this one https://www.nativeunion.com/collections/macbook/products/stow-slim-for-macbook

I bought this one in the blue colour off Apple for my MBP 13 (which hasn’t arrived yet). I like the minimal slim design. The front pocket is quite tight though so ok for cords. There are some reviews on YouTube but they are all non-English.

I have a separate case for adaptors, ports and chargers I bought on Amazon which is very good quality considering the price.

Last edited:

Ultra3

macrumors member
May 4, 2020
Does anyone have the Incase Tenseralite sleeve for the 13 inch retina macbook pro (2015)? I bought this for my 2020 macbook pro and I just realize now that its bigger than it needs to be (new macbook has yet to arrive in the mail so I cant try it out yet). Debating whether I should keep this or return it, if I return it are there any cases for the 2016-2020 macbook pro's that offer the same type of protection on the sides?

cool11

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2006
I haven’t seen the Wollenex case anywhere apart from the US yet, must be looking in the wrong place ??.

I am throughly delighted with the case, it compliments the MBP perfectly with no obvious anomalies. I noticed a review for fingerprint marks on the exterior of the shell and yes I have noticed that too. Nothing to worry about and the case easily wipes clean, show me a surface at this price point that doesn‘t show marks! I’m not worried about it at all.

I would note the case is slightly smoother/slippery than the Woolenex case, obviously yet worth mentioning.

I will probably try out the Woolenex case if they ever get stock in my local Apple store.

There is zero problem with the hinge at any angle including fully opened. There is a slight gap between the top/bottom case when fully opened that i could just make out & hopefully you can see it in this picture.
I included a fully open setting and my own preference screen adjustment too.

After 6 months having my 16’’ MBP sitting in a slightly modified 2015 15’’ case I am delighted.

I hope you get your case soon ?

View attachment 914325 View attachment 914326 View attachment 914324

Well, I watch this topic from time to time, though I never participated here.

I own a mbp 15 late 2013.
But for sure my new mbp, this year or the next one, will be the new 16'.

I want to tell my experience here, from similar product.
I bough such a case, external shell, plastic, almost transparent,
but not from a known brand.
It was good for many years.
Protection was ok regarding my mbp.

But when I finally decided to remove it after many years,
I saw something really bad.
The bottom part, the main body of mbp (keyboard, main computer, not the screen),
was slightly deformed!
I could not believe in my eyes.
It was almost a little bit of curved!
I could not see it all these years while the machine was inside the shell.
I seriously suspect the case about this deformation.
I think alloy is easy to be deformed as well.

I have to say that I am very careful about the handling of my computers, cleaning, etc.
I suspect that the external case I had all these years in mbp,
somehow internally supported the machine in wrong angles,
and also the absorb of the pressure on the track pad, may have played a role too,
because mbp was not all alone on the desk but inside this shell.

Do you observed such bad incidents yourself?
I know that many of you possibly do not keep your machines for so long.
Or possibly the branded cases are really better in this topic?
I do not know.

All I know, it is that I really want an permanent external case for any mbp I own,
but I do not want to face once again such situations.

I want to hear your opinions and experiences.

Last edited:

AlexWoww

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2020
California
Got this for my 16-inch https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YS757MJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It fits a make MBP. Don't think it will fit one with a case on it. The accessories pouch was smaller than anticipated but it does fit the power adapter and a mouse but not the extended power cord. Hope that makes sense. :)
How are you liking it so far? This is one of the few I’ve had my eye on. I can’t decide whether I want a sleeve like this or something with a handle/zipper.

kristof46

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2015
I bought Native Union Stow Slim Sleeve for MBP15 and 16 but I have to return it. Imo it is too tight for MBP16.

clairmyk

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2015
San Francisco, CA
How are you liking it so far? This is one of the few I’ve had my eye on. I can’t decide whether I want a sleeve like this or something with a handle/zipper.
I like it so far, but I've only been using it to store my MacBook when I move from my bedroom to my living room. It goes in another bag... It has a good grip and adequate padding. However, if you want to carry it on its own, I would suggest one with handles because the MBP16 is a tad to heavy to just carry around in a sleeve. Does that make sense?

junebug1

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2007
NE Ohio
Man I feel bad that Incase has had a such a difficult time getting measurements for a machine that has been only been out for 192 days. We should all really give them some more time to get it sorted out.

EDIT: I am referring to their ICON sleeve for the 16" MBP. I've reached out several times and most recently they gave me a similar answer about the virus slowing down things.

Last edited:

simonmet

Cancelled
Sep 9, 2012
Sydney
I like its slim and light-weight design, but one thing I'm concerned about is that the opening looks too small and the zipper would scratch my MacBook when putting in/taking out. Is there anyone who tried this sleeve?

Exactly what I think as well. I’d avoid it. Incase is a brand that seems to be going downhill fast if this is the kind of crap they’re putting out.

Reactions: ArcticBlue00

W3tz

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2020
NL
I have used a basic Be-ez sleeve made of "Low Resilience Polyurethane" for a long time now; both 13" MBP's I used to have, were sufficiently protected during my travels. I can't seem to find (or connect) to the website of Be-ez anymore, are they still producing sleeves?
So now I'm looking into a new CushCase sleeve : "heavyweight canvas, a foam centre layer and an ultra soft fleece lining". Any experiences with the quality of these CushCase sleeves?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.