Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aldenh

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2012
I did by the incase compact sleeve last night. Haven't had much time with it but I think it will do fine for my needs. I don't use a case on my MacBook so I can't comment on the fit with a case on, but it seems to be a pretty nice fit without a case. Doesn't feel like it slides around or anything when it is all zipped up.
The material on the inside seems pretty nice too.

a few quick pics.

I noticed that I can kinda fold the zipper back too when it is opened to push the zipper out of the way as well when removing and placing the MacBook in the sleeve.
View attachment 886145 View attachment 886146 View attachment 886147
Hi any issues with the zipper scratching the macbook? Some review on amazon say it doesnt fit the 16” and one guy posted pictures of a huge scratch from zipper.

macnmac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2017
Apple Park
Curious about this as well since I'm looking for a sleeve for my 2019 13" MBP I just ordered.

order and got it in. its a very nice and unique case. its made of a knit material meaning you can actually see through the case and see the laptop inside. this is nice because it would allow heat to dissipate but as to study protection, i wouldnt really count on that too much. overall its a very nice case but if you are looking for something thats more protective, i would choose another

Reactions: nburwell

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
order and got it in. its a very nice and unique case. its made of a knit material meaning you can actually see through the case and see the laptop inside. this is nice because it would allow heat to dissipate but as to study protection, i wouldnt really count on that too much. overall its a very nice case but if you are looking for something thats more protective, i would choose another

I appreciate it. My MBP rarely leaves the house anyway unless I'm traveling, so I don't need a lot of protection (I currently have an Apple leather sleeve for my 12" MacBook). So I think I'm going to go with this once my 13" MBP arrives.

Reactions: macnmac

macnmac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2017
Apple Park
I appreciate it. My MBP rarely leaves the house anyway unless I'm traveling, so I don't need a lot of protection (I currently have an Apple leather sleeve for my 12" MacBook). So I think I'm going to go with this once my 13" MBP arrives.

its a very nice and unique case, never seen one like it! enjoy!!

melman101

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2009
Ok I’m looking for a nice lightweight bag to hold a 16” MacBook Pro AND a 12.9” iPad Pro. Any suggestions?

Nick L

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2020
Anyone have any clear cases for the new 16" MBP? I see on Amazon there are only a few options - Just want to prevent scratches on the many multiple surfaces we use ours on around the house.

dylhug81

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2020
I have ordered the 16" incase textured hardshell, international shipping is taking its sweet time though.

Anyone have any experience with it yet? Few poor reviews on the incase site already - one saying it cracked the screen! 9to5 Mac did a favourable write up on it but I'm aware there is probably some sort of product hookup there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Codeline

Codeline

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2020
I have ordered the 16" incase textured hardshell, international shipping is taking its sweet time though.

Anyone have any experience with it yet? Few poor reviews on the incase site already - one saying it cracked the screen! 9to5 Mac did a favourable write up on it but I'm aware there is probably some sort of product hookup there.
I have the textured Case on my 15’’ MBP and I love it. I also read the review on the incase website. Can you post up when you get the case & how much extra it costs for import duties? UK?

dylhug81

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2020
I have the textured Case on my 15’’ MBP and I love it. I also read the review on the incase website. Can you post up when you get the case & how much extra it costs for import duties? UK?

Yeh UK. Good to know about the 15" one. Will update when it arrives, hoping there will be no to minimal import on it.

Edit - another bad review just been added on incase, at this rate I'm not sure I want to attempt fitting it to my screen ?

Last edited:

Codeline

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2020
Yeh UK. Good to know about the 15" one. Will update when it arrives, hoping there will be no to minimal import on it.

Edit - another bad review just been added on incase, at this rate I'm not sure I want to attempt fitting it to my screen ?
Oh no! I have just read the other reviews as there was only one review the other day? There is a video review also.
My take on the reviews are I always try to understand the review rather than just take it as it is.
I can see where someone installing one of these cases and trying to 'click' it onto the top part around the screen may inadvertently actually physically press on the screen itself. Easily done if you're not paying attention! There is only about 2 mm of top case at bezel on the the 16'' screen. The average thumb is 18-22 mm wide and on centre that's a 10mm over hang on the screen surface if you are not careful.

As for the video review, My textured incase also flexes at the bottom if I pull it down, I have to use a fair bit of force to do this. Also the review is on a soft surface and while I am not saying this review is wrong I have never noticed a problem with mine on a soft surface at anytime.

Saying this the materials may have changed in quality or design from my case. I won't know until I buy one myself.
Right now I have my 16'' in one of my 2105 15'' cases and it fits....just!
I love the look of the MBP but I prefer them in a protective case as my 2015 15'' looks brand new as if I purchased it yesterday.

I look forward to your take on the case and genuinely hope everything is ok with yours.??

dylhug81

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2020
Yeh I totally agree about taking the reviews as are, I would just like a few more positive ones! As you mentioned my concern is the screen, I have fitted the hardshell to the 2015 13" but as well as the bezel the thickness of the screen seems far more robust and less likely to damage under pressure than the newer models.

Im pretty confident from past experience I can fit it properly but with it being an early product I don't want to find out the hard way that its not fit for purpose. Especially when incase do have a history with cracked cases and hinge issues on MacBooks.

I also like the look of my 2016 but I'm hoping to get around 8yrs of use out of it so probably more chance of that in a case!

Although tempted by the Performaknit sleeves on the apple store if this textured hardshell doesn't workout.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
for me, any case without at least a small handle would be a mistake
my 16" would be much more susceptible to drops without it

ex: these 2 handles barely add anything to the case footprint or weight
these 2 both fit the MBP 16"
I'm using 1 for a Thinkpad X1 Extreme, and the other for a 16" MacBook Pro
the 2'nd one is a better pocket design: accessories stay separate. Helps keep a narrow profile.
They are both a handsome indigo blue.

View attachment 882456

View attachment 882457

Saw this post and decided to give the Voova case a go. Just received it and it's a nice case, but a bit big for the 16". There's about an inch between the laptop and the zip of the case. Other than that it's decent quality, but I'd prefer something more snug I feel as this obviously adds bulk

t2ns34u.jpg

Alexander_im

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2015
Guys, can you recommend me something similar to Waterfield Air Duffel bag? Looking for the laptop/stuff briefcase for 2-3 days of travelling as a gift to myself for my birthday. Unfortunately, Waterfield do not ship to Russia.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.