Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
I always get these for my MacBooks. Good quality and enough protection for me.

Inateck Laptop Sleeve Case Compatible 16 Inch MacBook Pro 2019 (A2141) /15.4 Inch MacBook Pro Retina 2013-2015 Case/Dell XPS 15 Sleeve, with Small Case for Accessory - Dark Gray https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01D0V7XSC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_fGfREb7TT9WGC

There was a cheaper alternative like that which I almost bought. I just get worried about these cases that list 4 or 5 different laptops and sizes as the never seem to fit anything properly

mikkelnl

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2011
Holland
I have ordered the 16" incase textured hardshell, international shipping is taking its sweet time though.

Anyone have any experience with it yet? Few poor reviews on the incase site already - one saying it cracked the screen! 9to5 Mac did a favourable write up on it but I'm aware there is probably some sort of product hookup there.
Bought one, and returned it almost immediately. The problem is that the bottom part does not fit properly: there is a space between the macbook and the case, and it seems to be a design problem. The materials are great though but in my opinion a hardshell case should fit way better then this. Someone posted a video of the problem on the incase review section, which displays the exact same problem I encountered: https://incase.com/products/textured-hardshell-woolenex-case-for-macbook-pro-16

dylhug81

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2020
Bought one, and returned it almost immediately.

Not ideal. Yeh I saw that review. Mine has still not arrived so I bought the Tensaerlite Icon sleeve from Incase (UK) for the 15" Retina MacBook 2015 and it fits the 16" perfectly.

Enjoying using it enough like this so might just return the Textured Shell one as soon as it arrives.

Last edited:

Codeline

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2020
After being out of stock for a few months these hardshell cases are back in stock online at Apple. I ordered the Black one, I do prefer the fabric hardshell but until I can have a hands on with them I will wait, for now.

Hardshell

dylhug81

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2020
After being out of stock for a few months these hardshell cases are back in stock online at Apple. I ordered the Black one, I do prefer the fabric hardshell but until I can have a hands on with them I will wait, for now.

Hardshell

Will be good to hear how you get on with it.

rosyapple

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2018
Does anyone know yet whether accessories for 13 inch 2019 MacBook Pro will fit 13 inch 2020 MacBook Pro? I'm specifically thinking about hardshells, keyboard covers and magnetic privacy screens.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Does anyone know yet whether accessories for 13 inch 2019 MacBook Pro will fit 13 inch 2020 MacBook Pro? I'm specifically thinking about hardshells, keyboard covers and magnetic privacy screens.

Think it’s exact same size. But keyboard is different and layout. Touch Bar is not full (physical key on 2020), and arrow keys are different.
b8d380a6fd4ff776b28e809da63034d5.plist

039d82f4eb4c2dbd670c2c717d6e51d4.plist

Codeline

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2020
Will be good to hear how you get on with it.
Case arrived today and it is perfect. Wish I had purchased it earlier!
I had this type of textured dot pattern case before on my 15’’ MBP and I never really liked it. The fit was rather tight and it subsequently cracked on every corner, looked terrible and thats why i bought the cloth covered shell case & I am still using that today.

This one for the 16’’ took no effort to fit at all. I placed the MBP in the bottom clam first and you could hear a slight ‘click’ as it engaged. Top part fitted the same way, I fitted both parts with the MBP shut and on a flat surface.

Neither the top or bottom cover is a tight fit like the previous model, it‘s just nice & won’t fall off.

I tried to pull both cases down at the front [15’’ & 16’’] and it took a fair amount of effort on my part with hardly any movement. Used normally I doubt the new 16’’ will be a problem.

I would still like to get my hands on the new woolenex case so it will be interesting to read your experience.

2EE1F1BF-96FA-40D7-A6A9-FE51ED94B813.png 53A7428A-5391-4A6E-A260-012208D0B7DD.png 0C48CE2F-11D7-40B8-A8A1-1D1EF18591A7.png 8B6888BE-1F8D-49B5-A102-9F53C5A6982A.png

mikkelnl

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2011
Holland
This pictures shows perfectly why I absolutely hated the case :( I loved the woolonex material, it really is nice, but the fit of the bottom part, as shown in this picture you posted amazes me, I can't believe they build/designed it this way.

Surely some people won't mind, but the movement and space between the bottom part and the macbook was too much for me ;-)

See attached short video clip I shot of my case:

Codeline

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2020
This pictures shows perfectly why I absolutely hated the case :( I loved the woolonex material, it really is nice, but the fit of the bottom part, as shown in this picture you posted amazes me, I can't believe they build/designed it this way.

Surely some people won't mind, but the movement and space between the bottom part and the macbook was too much for me ;-)

See attached short video clip I shot of my case:

My case is completely different from your Woolenex. The only reason there is a gap in the previous picture I posted was because I was physically pulling the front down with my fingers as shown on the last picture above.[no fingers in shot] In pulling the fronts down to replicate the video on the incase website I would like to point out It took considerable effort on my part, the cases are solid. There is absolutely zero deflection on my either my 15’’ Woolenex or 16’’ dot pattern case.

It’s unfortunate you are having a problem & feel incase should address your particular issue. I feel they may have possibly changed the composition of the materials used to manufacture the new Woolenex cases, until I can get a ‘’hands on’’ for comparison I personally wouldn’t like to make an ill guided comment on them. Saying that they do seem to have a drastically different softer plastic!
All the best.
Here is the 16’’ case on my desk and at a 45 angle. I love all my incase hard shells and with the exception on my 2015 15’’ MBP that has a tech21 case I have them on all my mac products.
10D7BC5A-5AAA-4669-B853-2FBFDB53BDCC.png 7785588B-F333-4270-A4B1-E70DD6E8C0A8.png

henry72

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2009
New Zealand
I did by the incase compact sleeve last night. Haven't had much time with it but I think it will do fine for my needs. I don't use a case on my MacBook so I can't comment on the fit with a case on, but it seems to be a pretty nice fit without a case. Doesn't feel like it slides around or anything when it is all zipped up.
The material on the inside seems pretty nice too.

a few quick pics.

I noticed that I can kinda fold the zipper back too when it is opened to push the zipper out of the way as well when removing and placing the MacBook in the sleeve.
View attachment 886145 View attachment 886146 View attachment 886147

I have this sleeve and found out the metal part isn’t covered which means it could scratch the Mac.

I recommend the ICON Sleeve.

Last edited:
Reactions: simonmet

mikkelnl

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2011
Holland
My case is completely different from your Woolenex. The only reason there is a gap in the previous picture I posted was because I was physically pulling the front down with my fingers as shown on the last picture above.[no fingers in shot] In pulling the fronts down to replicate the video on the incase website I would like to point out It took considerable effort on my part, the cases are solid. There is absolutely zero deflection on my either my 15’’ Woolenex or 16’’ dot pattern case.

It’s unfortunate you are having a problem & feel incase should address your particular issue. I feel they may have possibly changed the composition of the materials used to manufacture the new Woolenex cases, until I can get a ‘’hands on’’ for comparison I personally wouldn’t like to make an ill guided comment on them. Saying that they do seem to have a drastically different softer plastic!
All the best.
Here is the 16’’ case on my desk and at a 45 angle. I love all my incase hard shells and with the exception on my 2015 15’’ MBP that has a tech21 case I have them on all my mac products.
View attachment 913244 View attachment 913245
Wow I probably had some bad luck maybe. They did send a replacement but that had the same problem, the short video I posted was the replacement and the default had that gap and when I gently touch it it will open up more, as seen on video.
Weird!!! But good to hear it might still be coinciden. Although some other user did post the same problem on their review section.
Oh well, just a heads up for others I’d say. :)

Reactions: Codeline

Codeline

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2020
Wow I probably had some bad luck maybe. They did send a replacement but that had the same problem, the short video I posted was the replacement and the default had that gap and when I gently touch it it will open up more, as seen on video.
Weird!!! But good to hear it might still be coinciden. Although some other user did post the same problem on their review section.
Oh well, just a heads up for others I’d say. :)
The review you have posted along with others certainly stopped me from purchasing the case! I wouldn’t appreciate buying a case from America & having it shipped over to the UK then find the same problem. I would be pretty well ’’insert expletive’’ annoyed at best!
@dylhug81 is in the UK so it will be interesting to read that experience also.

Incase must be losing a fortune & should have a revised case brought out

KidRacer

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2011
Any recommendations for skins/wraps to protect both full exterior and also the section below the keyboard? #13MBP

nordickid

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2020
Hi!

I just ordered the new MacBook Pro 13 inch. I have the 2018 model at the moment with the incase hard shell.

Do you know if the new modell will fit this case or if the slightly thicker chassis is too thick for the new case.

Thanks in advance:)

llllllllll

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2020
So a week or so in with the woolnut leather sleeve and I must say, it’s brilliant! Leather is supple but durable, the feel can’t be beat, the wool internal lining is awesome, and the sleeve has stretched to fit the MacBook without being too snug. Plus, I can charge while it’s in the sleeve. ½ price of the apple alternative to boot!

Highly recommended.

May I ask - are you still happy with it a year later?

Has it held up well?

Thinking of getting one for a 2020 MBP (which is a tad thicker, but I guess it will be fine)..

@BuCkDoG & @Boardiesboi - would appreciate your feedback as well!

If you guys were able to post a pic or two that show how they age that would be fantastic!

Last edited:

llllllllll

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2020
Would also like to add that I bought one of the Harber Slim Leather Sleeves for a family member a while ago -
service, shipping and everything was perfect really, and the sleeve is super nice.
Also like their colors more than the Woolnut ones actually.

Only reason I'd prefer a Woolnut is the fact it opens on the side.
Don't care so much for charging while in the case, but it does seem to offer more protection.

PVDHell

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2018
PVD
May I ask - are you still happy with it a year later?

Has it held up well?

Thinking of getting one for a 2020 MBP (which is a tad thicker, but I guess it will be fine)..

@BuCkDoG & @Boardiesboi - would appreciate your feedback as well!

If you guys were able to post a pic or two that show how they age that would be fantastic!

still love mine, absolutely.

dylhug81

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2020
The review you have posted along with others certainly stopped me from purchasing the case! I wouldn’t appreciate buying a case from America & having it shipped over to the UK then find the same problem. I would be pretty well ’’insert expletive’’ annoyed at best!
@dylhug81 is in the UK so it will be interesting to read that experience also.

Incase must be losing a fortune & should have a revised case brought out

? Expletive is definitely a good description of my feelings. I think the Woolenex is in the EU shop now so easier to give it a try and return if its not working. My ICON sleeve is really good though so that's calmed me down a bit! Will decide on Woolenex when/if it arrives.

Your hardcase looks great! Im not a fan of how they look normally but that is maybe one of the nicest ones I have seen.

How is the hinge/display angle, no issues with it jamming or tightening?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.