Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robvas

macrumors 68040
Mar 29, 2009
USA
My STM XS that I used with my MacBook Air 11" is THIS close to fitting my 2017 nTB 13"....dangit.

zehcnassurfero

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2019
I received the Harber London 16" Sleeve today and the shipping was extremely fast coming from Spain -> NY.

My only nitpick is that I was expecting it to be much tighter initially but instead my computer almost slipped out. Here are some pics to show the amount of space I'm talking about and I've already contacted Harber about this.

I can't help but be a little disappointed as originally I was eyeing the Woolnut sleeve...Should have gone with that.

Is there any of these on amazon? I want one without zipper

soulreaver99

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2010
Southern California
FCD32CA0-BE54-42EA-8D29-A742A05EC71B.jpeg

I just picked this up. $99 from amazon and is a great alternative to the more expensive Nomantic travel backpacks. Just used this on a recent trip and am extremely happy with it.

Did a video review on it here:

Reactions: ascender

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
Apple??

Why can't apple make a case/sleeve/cover hell I don't care just make something apple ill use it. The bumper is great with a front and back protective skins, and the new iPad smart case solves the only problem the smart cover had. Ok sure it sits a lil different and standing up its not as sturdy but I'm confident it won't fall plus I hardly watch stuff on it now that I got this new retina pro. I just feel like Apple would put out a legit contender in to the market plus Ill take a free engraving and the Apple logo still out in view any day!!!
Plenty of options out there.
I wouldn’t walk around with a bag with an Apple logo on it. Unless you want to be robbed.

junebug1

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2007
NE Ohio
I'm really surprised that Incase hasn't bothered to release a version of their ICON sleeve for the 16" yet. It was my go to since the release of the original rMBP. I've asked them through Twitter, Instagram and their Contact Us if they have any plans for a few months now but they haven't bothered to respond. Hoping they finally pull it together soon.

Nick A

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2009
I'm really surprised that Incase hasn't bothered to release a version of their ICON sleeve for the 16" yet. It was my go to since the release of the original rMBP. I've asked them through Twitter, Instagram and their Contact Us if they have any plans for a few months now but they haven't bothered to respond. Hoping they finally pull it together soon.

I'm waiting for the textured hardshell, I emailed them too and they just said that they're looking into it and to look at their current products instead. Weird that a company where this is their entire business, still does not have products for a laptop that's been out for almost 4 months.

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005

I'm pretty sure the 15" version fits the 16" doesn't it?

I agree btw, I think the ICON sleeve is the best of these you can buy, I always end up with one for my MacBooks.

As per post below, it doesn't fit!!

Last edited:

junebug1

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2007
NE Ohio
I'm pretty sure the 15" version fits the 16" doesn't it?

I agree btw, I think the ICON sleeve is the best of these you can buy, I always end up with one for my MacBooks.
Unforunately it doesn't. I had the most recent 15" MBP and ICON but the 16" doesn't come close. Thankfully Incase realizes that and if you "Shop By Device" the ICON sleeves are not listed under 16"

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
An old Herschel sleeve I purchased from Apple for my 2008 MBP Unibody 15" fits my 16" computer with no problem.

I see Herschel still sells their sleeves and this is a great velour lined case with a nice jumbo zipper that is easy to slide open/shut from any orientation.

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
Unforunately it doesn't. I had the most recent 15" MBP and ICON but the 16" doesn't come close. Thankfully Incase realizes that and if you "Shop By Device" the ICON sleeves are not listed under 16"

I wonder when they'll release one? I've just gone for the normal compact sleeve for when I've not got my ICON rucksack.

wegster

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2006
I narrowed down my selection of laptop sleeves for my Macbook Pro 16" to these three.

They have the internal dimension to accommodate a 14.09" x 9.68" x 0.64" notebook.

I prefer a model with a briefcase handle when I travel with only the notebook.

Best Sellers Rank #206 in Laptop Sleeves
Date First Available January 16, 2019
$21.99

71O9u1ZsjUL._SL1300_.jpg

Best Sellers Rank #678 in Laptop Sleeves
Date first listed on Amazon December 5, 2019
$19.99

71-iHgSD8CL._SL1200_.jpg

Best Sellers Rank #2,495 in Laptop Sleeves
Date first listed on Amazon November 14, 2019
$17.99 + 5% coupon

71MzkGApyqL._SL1500_.jpg

What makes the last item interesting is that it has a provision to attach it to handle of a carry on baggage.

71QUW2EpMML._SL1500_.jpg

Some nice cases there - that Mosiso might have become my local work bag if they had it for the MBP16. The 'sleeve only' styles don't work for me - dongles, power supply, and phone need to also fit at minimum, but some of those look promising.

I went $ this round as I just got the MBP16 after waitign the last 5 years for a MBP I'd consider buying to replace my 2015. Like it, but wish it had a built-in handle.

Attachments

• Canvas-Chocolate-3Q_1800x1800.jpg
    Canvas-Chocolate-3Q_1800x1800.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 109

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I went $ this round as I just got the MBP16 after waitign the last 5 years for a MBP I'd consider buying to replace my 2015. Like it, but wish it had a built-in handle.
If the outback solo had a handle, I'd pick one up in a heartbeat. I love the way they look, but I frequently carry my laptop bag using the handle

aldenh

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2012
I wonder when they'll release one? I've just gone for the normal compact sleeve for when I've not got my ICON rucksack.
Hi does the incase compact sleeve fit the 16” as some reviews say its a snug fit and hard to close? Thx

lagisibuk

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2013
just using standard sleeve with skin premium protector for my rmbp 15 :D still cool even for 6 years already.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-03-30 at 20.07.46 (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-03-30 at 20.07.46 (2).jpeg
    53.2 KB · Views: 163
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-03-30 at 20.07.46.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-03-30 at 20.07.46.jpeg
    52.2 KB · Views: 145
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-03-30 at 20.07.46 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-03-30 at 20.07.46 (1).jpeg
    65.9 KB · Views: 155

mac_evangelist

Suspended
Mar 30, 2020
UK
I'll tell you why Incase haven't made the plastic shell case for the new 16", because the poor quality of their plastic only shells was so bad for the 2016 onwards.

I used these from the Unibody MBP, skipped the Retina models and got the 2017 MBP 13". I went back to Incase and each time the corners cracked, first time I thought it my error. I bought another case, £40 each time from Apple and the same crack appeared. So Incase replaced it. Same issue. They then offered me a sleeve which I got more use from.

I'm still using the cracked corner Incase shell now, it's not ideal but better than nothing - for now.

However, in Incases defence I see a new revised version with a fabric lining on top.. this perhaps holds the plastic together as well as being nice aesthetically? If anybody has had this let me know if it solved the issues I mentioned.

Reactions: entatlrg

Nick A

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2009
I'll tell you why Incase haven't made the plastic shell case for the new 16", because the poor quality of their plastic only shells was so bad for the 2016 onwards.

I used these from the Unibody MBP, skipped the Retina models and got the 2017 MBP 13". I went back to Incase and each time the corners cracked, first time I thought it my error. I bought another case, £40 each time from Apple and the same crack appeared. So Incase replaced it. Same issue. They then offered me a sleeve which I got more use from.

I'm still using the cracked corner Incase shell now, it's not ideal but better than nothing - for now.

However, in Incases defence I see a new revised version with a fabric lining on top.. this perhaps holds the plastic together as well as being nice aesthetically? If anybody has had this let me know if it solved the issues I mentioned.

They sell a plastic shell case for the 16", it's available to order from Apple's online store but it looks like it's back-ordered. I grabbed one right away when they first popped up and the quality seems fine, serves its purpose well. I've used the textured fabric hard-shell case on another laptop and I really liked that one a lot although the price, in my opinion, was very excessive for a thin plastic case.

Reactions: mac_evangelist

mac_evangelist

Suspended
Mar 30, 2020
UK
They sell a plastic shell case for the 16", it's available to order from Apple's online store but it looks like it's back-ordered. I grabbed one right away when they first popped up and the quality seems fine, serves its purpose well. I've used the textured fabric hard-shell case on another laptop and I really liked that one a lot although the price, in my opinion, was very excessive for a thin plastic case.

Did you ever experience the cracking corners on the shells made for the 2016-onwards MacBook Pro's? I suspect with the plastic being so thin this is why they buckled at the weakest point. The older Unibody with thicker plastic design didn't do this unless it was hit hard.

Does the fabric hard-shell suffer from this?

They are expensive, for sure. But they are a good idea and if they didn't break my ideal solution for protecting the smooth precise edges of the aluminium unibody. Seen a few unfortunate damaged ones over the years and couldn't bear to let it happen to my beloved MacBook Pro!

Nick A

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2009
Did you ever experience the cracking corners on the shells made for the 2016-onwards MacBook Pro's? I suspect with the plastic being so thin this is why they buckled at the weakest point. The older Unibody with thicker plastic design didn't do this unless it was hit hard.

Does the fabric hard-shell suffer from this?

They are expensive, for sure. But they are a good idea and if they didn't break my ideal solution for protecting the smooth precise edges of the aluminium unibody. Seen a few unfortunate damaged ones over the years and couldn't bear to let it happen to my beloved MacBook Pro!

I've only used the one for the 16" for an extended period of time, with no issues to speak of yet. The textured hardshell I used was on a 2019 13", I had only used it for about a week though but had no issues.

Reactions: mac_evangelist

mac_evangelist

Suspended
Mar 30, 2020
UK
I've only used the one for the 16" for an extended period of time, with no issues to speak of yet. The textured hardshell I used was on a 2019 13", I had only used it for about a week though but had no issues.

Ah okay. I do like them, but I believe they had a design flaw due to the number of times I had the same issue. I hope Incase fixes it and was hoping you could confirm the did :) But no problem. Enjoy your 16" MBP, those things look sweet.

duffyanneal

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2008
ATL
I had several of the Incase plastic shells. I bought two for my two MBPs and Incase provided two more free ones under warranty as they did crack and break easily. I did purchase an Incase covered in linen. I used that for several months without issue. I recently gave it to my wife who has been using it since. Still no cracks. Unfortunately, Incase doesn't seem to make the linen case for the 16".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.