Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Bobcov1

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2019
Ok, I booted in verbose mode, got this:

ERROR!!! Load prelinked kernel with status 0x8000000000000007
Error loading kernel cache (0x7)

Do you have another hard drive you can put in the laptop? To test the only thing I have found, you might need to try the boot with a different, preferably blank, hard drive. Once more, I have to state I'm a poor swimmer in deep water on this so there's a good chance this is not the key. Here's the link I read: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/macos-10-14-mojave-on-unsupported-macs-thread.2121473/page-406

riven2000

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2012
Thanx much guys. I should mention I've also tried installing 10.13 - same error. Did just notice this though - Memory panel says I have 14GB, but only 12 are running.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 7.22.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 7.22.22 PM.png
    46.5 KB · Views: 242

riven2000

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2012
Sorry, guess I'm just old. Math skills are the first thing to go. Still, I haven't looked at the RAM in a long time, but I think those two "empty" ones are actually full. Didn't know if bad RAM might be causing the issue.

Bobcov1

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2019
Sorry, guess I'm just old. Math skills are the first thing to go. Still, I haven't looked at the RAM in a long time, but I think those two "empty" ones are actually full. Didn't know if bad RAM might be causing the issue.
[automerge]1579093387[/automerge]
Can't hurt to try with just two sticks, one in each bank, see if the error goes away, then put in two more and repeat the process.

riven2000

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2012
Everything from 10.6-10.11 works. I've had to install various ones. I'll try taking out the bad RAM.

Last edited:

Fesatom

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2020
Hi, I have made the USB and I get a "NO" symbol when starting up from the patched USB drive. I have an early 2009 imac 20 inches. Could someone help me?

FarmerBob

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2004
A lot of the forums for the other OSs where the OS Installer fails, that is being talked about and it was found to be an out dated "Apple Certificate" in the installer. Once that Certificate is take care of you'll have not problems. But then I could be wrong.

Bobcov1

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2019
A lot of the forums for the other OSs where the OS Installer fails, that is being talked about and it was found to be an out dated "Apple Certificate" in the installer. Once that Certificate is take care of you'll have not problems. But then I could be wrong.
I could be wrong, but I don't think the boot process is getting that far. Seems it is not starting at all. I got around the cert problem by going to Terminal after booting but before starting the install and setting the date to January 2017, if I recall correctly.

Fesatom

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2020
Is your hdd formatted HFS Extended Journaled as well as your patched usb
My HD is Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and my USB is Mac OS Extended. Do you think I have to format the USB again?
I've tried changing the date also.
Do you guys know anyone that has installed it in a 2009 early 20 inch imac? I've seen it is not on the dosdude guy list, but it is not also unsupported.

Thanks

TimothyR734

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2018
Logsden Oregon
My HD is Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and my USB is Mac OS Extended. Do you think I have to format the USB again?
I've tried changing the date also.
Do you guys know anyone that has installed it in a 2009 early 20 inch imac? I've seen it is not on the dosdude guy list, but it is not also unsupported.

Thanks
Yes it was my first OS I installed on my mid 2009 iMac and yes your usb has to formatted extended journaled

Fesatom

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2020
Yes it was my first OS I installed on my mid 2009 iMac and yes your usb has to formatted extended journaled
Hi, please help me again. I did format the USB as you said and it did pass to install the OS, but in mid installation the screen went blank and every time I restart stays that way.

TimothyR734

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2018
Logsden Oregon
Hi, please help me again. I did format the USB as you said and it did pass to install the OS, but in mid installation the screen went blank and every time I restart stays that way.
can you reboot into your usb and make sure your hdd says guid partition map
[automerge]1582259593[/automerge]
Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 8.31.53 PM.png

Last edited:

sensless1991

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2020
Hi guys, looking forward for smb to help me with make a boot drive with a patcher

when i load the macOS Sierra Patcher and try to choose the .dmg file of OS X Sierra, it can't be done - the file in file manager is transparent (inactive) and i can't choose it

Is there any solution for it? I hope smb can help me, thx

Czo

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2008
Debrecen, Hungary
Hi guys, looking forward for smb to help me with make a boot drive with a patcher

when i load the macOS Sierra Patcher and try to choose the .dmg file of OS X Sierra, it can't be done - the file in file manager is transparent (inactive) and i can't choose it

Is there any solution for it? I hope smb can help me, thx
Select the app you downloaded from the Mac App Store. Sierra never distributed in any form of disk image.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I'm trying to get Sierra on a MacBook Pro 3,1 that's running El Capitan. Using a different Mac running High Sierra, I've tried 3 different (all known good) USB sticks on which to build dosdude1's installer. The patch is applied successfully and completes. SIP is definitely "OFF" on the target machine. I'm using the latest version (4.2.7) of dosdude1's "macOS Sierra Patcher". I'm using the version of "Install macOS Sierra" (12.6.06) that results from downloading from this page. I have also tried combinations of other versions of "Install macOS Sierra" and "macOS Sierra Patcher". I've tried both USB ports.

What happens is when I choose the installer USB at startup I get the normal Apple logo…then nothing. No progress bar…just the Apple logo.

Booting in verbose mode this is as far as it gets:

USB-boot.jpg

It just hangs there infinitely. Doesn't reboot or anything else.

Does anyone have a clue as to what's keeping it from booting?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.