Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Does Dashboard still exist?
Any new Notifications settings? Surprised they didn't announce the iOS NC features.
Is Cover Flow...er, Gallery View...back in Safari Bookmarks like it was in the good old days?

New System Update tab: https://imgur.com/a/mdOpg2m

Perhaps Apple is replacing the App Store app with the iOS version... Merging code bases and feature sets.

Wallet is missing from system preferences in the developer build. Perhaps it is available when you sign in with your Apple ID.

Yes, this is more consistent with iOS. The App Store was always a weird place for it. Now all they need to do is call it "Settings."

Effectively, we go from two choices now (Blue and Graphite) to 8 in Mojave:

Interesting. I'm guessing Graphite is the only one that changes the stoplight buttons, right?

zooole

macrumors member
May 22, 2016
I reckon there is no automatic setting for dark mode like the one for night shift "sunset to sunrise" uption. :/

Can anyone confirm it? It seems strange with the dynamic background.

Reactions: Zoebe4

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
The long-time Mac OS X option for Blue or Graphite has been replaced by an accent color.
Accent Color Red.png Accent Color Green.png
Open apps and those pinned to the Dock now have a separator between them.
Mojave Dock.png

prymitywista

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2014
Hey guys, is there an option to disable favicons in safari? Or, in the other way, can someone post safari screenshot from mojave with several tabs open? thanks in advance

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
Can I finally change the color to graphite without making traffic light icons turn gray? BEST. UPDATE. EVER.
The traffic lights do change to gray with the graphite option selected.
Accent Color Graphite.png
Hey guys, is there an option to disable favicons in safari? Or, in the other way, can someone post safari screenshot from mojave with several tabs open? thanks in advance
They aren't even enabled by default. Have to be enabled under Preferences > Tabs. And it appears to use the same special SVG icons that pinned tabs use, which unfortunately a lot of sites still don't provide. Edit: I was mistaken, it does use standard favicons when the special SVG ones aren't present.

Last edited:

prymitywista

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2014
Great to hear that - I hate having a lot motley and awful tiny images on my tablist.

thanks for reply, thanks god it's just an option

bookemdano

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2011
Looks like the classic-style Software Update is back and located in System Preferences. Wonder if the Updates tab in the App Store is just for apps now.

I'd personally prefer having a separate place for system updates and welcome this change.
View attachment 764520

Yeah I recently saw a post from someone asking if Apple should move iOS's software updates to the App Store since that's where they are on Mac. While I agree the discrepancy was odd, I'm glad Apple did it this way instead. MacOS updates have absolutely nothing to do with Apps, and their inclusion in the MAS always felt "bolted on".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.