Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

afir93

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2018
Had the same for years... by having the Applications Folder on the right side of the dock.

View attachment 785688
Yeah but then it takes up an additional slot in the Dock, unnecessarily so if you already have the Launchpad in it. Besides, it wouldn’t be at the left end of the Dock where Windows users might be more used to its position from the Start menu.

More options are great and the Dock icon for the Launchpad feels like a pretty natural place for something like that.

Reactions: TimothyR734

TheralSadurns

Cancelled
Jul 8, 2010
Yeah but then it takes up an additional slot in the Dock, unnecessarily so if you already have the Launchpad in it. Besides, it wouldn’t be at the left end of the Dock where Windows users might be more used to its position from the Start menu.

More options are great and the Dock icon for the Launchpad feels like a pretty natural place for something like that.
Not complaining :D
Just saying that there was a similar way to do it before. Me, personally, I removed the Launchpad Icon from the Dock. Kinda redundant as you have a trackpad gesture and the F-key or potentially touchbar.

But that's the great thing... everyone can literally have their own cake... and eat it, too!

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
I thought I would get used to this by now, but I'm still not used to the way the safari tab bar looks. I can't remember how it used to look, but I know something about it is different.

afir93

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2018
I thought I would get used to this by now, but I'm still not used to the way the safari tab bar looks. I can't remember how it used to look, but I know something about it is different.
Because of the inclusion of favicons maybe? Or has it changed in some other way?

rmoliv

macrumors 68000
Dec 20, 2017
I've just installed macOS Mojave (18A391) does anyone know why Feedback Assistant icon is still in the Dock and Launchpad? Thought it wouldn't be visible. I unenrolled from the public beta program weeks ago...

Marketh

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2018
Manchester, UK
I've just installed upgrading from High Sierra, and my trash is still called...trash! I thought Mojave had localisations for UK English and this would be called 'Bin'?

Planey28

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
Birmingham, UK
I've just installed macOS Mojave (18A391) does anyone know why Feedback Assistant icon is still in the Dock and Launchpad? Thought it wouldn't be visible. I unenrolled from the public beta program weeks ago...

Delete the alias from /Applications/Utilities and it will disappear from launchpad, drag the icon out of the dock to remove it from there.

afir93

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2018
Favicons on tabs aren't enabled by default because it looks like crap.
I know they aren't enabled by default – the question is still warranted. I could totally see myself excitedly turn then on at the beginning of the beta phase and then forget that I did that a few months later and wonder if it has always looked like that lol.

Personally I don't find them too great-looking either and will probably leave them off, but they have been a common request for years now (and there are some good UI-arguments to be made in favor of them!).

StellarVixen

macrumors 68040
Mar 1, 2018
Somewhere between 0 and 1
It is interesting how Notifications panel does not make things behind it inactive. Cannot remember if this also was the thing in previous versions. See, I was hovering my mouse over notifications, and Conversation on this forum (envelope button on the upper right corner) shows drop down menu. Same is with other sites.

Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 1.07.59 PM.png

WinterWolf90

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2014
When looking at the storage space and what takes it up, the colors for the spaces are different, system is gray when it used to be yellow, photos is yellow and not green and documents are green instead of purple. apps are red instead of blue.

Reactions: gklka
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.