Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

palmerc2

macrumors 68000
Feb 29, 2008
Los Angeles
Whenever I wake up my MacBook Pro from sleep (by opening the lid) there's now an annoying tri-tone sound each time....is there a way to disable it?

FNH15

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2011
Whenever I wake up my MacBook Pro from sleep (by opening the lid) there's now an annoying tri-tone sound each time....is there a way to disable it?

Hmm. Does it sound like the old school iPhone text message tone? Might be a notification of some kind.

StellarVixen

macrumors 68040
Mar 1, 2018
Somewhere between 0 and 1
I love how title bars of the applications and windows now reflect the average color from the wallpaper. For example, if your wallpaper is mostly blue, window title bar will be slightly bluish in hue. This is very hard to see, and is not that obvious, but it is not there.

Change your wallpaper to "Yosemite 4", and window title bar will now be pinkish in hue. And so on, for any wallpaper, and it's predominant color.

That's the Apple I love. :)

This is beautiful, I have noticed this recently, I do not know if you guys did.

StellarVixen

macrumors 68040
Mar 1, 2018
Reactions: Dutch60 and CamiMR

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2004
I love how title bars of the applications and windows now reflect the average color from the wallpaper. For example, if your wallpaper is mostly blue, window title bar will be slightly bluish in hue. This is very hard to see, and is not that obvious, but it is not there.

Change your wallpaper to "Yosemite 4", and window title bar will now be pinkish in hue. And so on, for any wallpaper, and it's predominant color.

That's the Apple I love. :)

This is beautiful, I have noticed this recently, I do not know if you guys did.
Honestly, I think they kind of went overboard there. Try dragging e.g. the System Preferences window, with the General section shown, up and down the right edge of the screen (or so that the window is partially off-screen to the right). Its background will actually flicker while doing so due to the background color constantly being adjusted:

https://cl.ly/d54bc7d17c59/rec2.mov

StellarVixen

macrumors 68040
Mar 1, 2018
Honestly, I think they kind of went overboard there. Try dragging e.g. the System Preferences window, with the General section shown, up and down the right edge of the screen (or so that the window is partially off-screen to the right). Its background will actually flicker while doing so due to the background color constantly being adjusted:

https://cl.ly/d54bc7d17c59/rec2.mov
I cannot replicate that, and I do not know why.

palmerc2

macrumors 68000
Feb 29, 2008
Los Angeles
Hmm. Does it sound like the old school iPhone text message tone? Might be a notification of some kind.

Doesn't seem to be happening anymore....I guess it was an app that needed to update or something since upgrading to Mojave.

Also, no, it wasn't the old school iPhone text tone....but it was close.

cool11

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2006
After installation, the downloader installer deletes itself?

In any case, mojave seems to have released about 10gb of space in my disk!
Anyone else with similar experience?

HenryAZ

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2010
South Congress AZ
After installation, the downloader installer deletes itself?
Yes, it will if you continue with the installation. After the download completes, a window opens up requiring user input to continue. CMD-Q that window. Go to your Applications folder and copy the full installer to another location for safekeeping, if you want to save it. Then you can open the installer in your Applications folder to continue.

Reactions: cool11

Earl Urley

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2014
There's a free darkener for Safari called "Nightlight" in the App Store, works okay for me.

cool11

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2006
Did they made changes to dashboard? Some widgets seem not to function properly anymore.

n-evo

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2013
Amsterdam
- Checkboxes, radio buttons and the like still have no animation (removed)
They never actually fixed this huh? Because I'm still not seeing any animations in the GM.
[doublepost=1538587793][/doublepost]
Can I have transparent dock like in high sierra?
The Dock should have translucency by default. If you're not seeing that go to System Preferences > Universal Acces > Display and make sure "reduce transparency" isn't checked. Other possibilities are you're trying to run macOS Mojave on unsupported hardware or in a virtual environment.

Reactions: cool11

aevan

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2015
Serbia
I don't know if anyone noticed this, but the Word of the Day screensaver has a new font and is brighter in Mojave :) Looks nice.

Mikey86uk

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2010
England
Had to go back to light mode.

Dark Mode just doesnt look very nice IMO

Shame as i prefer dark mode on mostly everything else!

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
The problem with Dark Mode is not that it doesn't look very nice, but rather that it is poorly thought out or implemented. Sorry but Mail and Maps look horrible in dark mode. Safari is ok because you the web page is not affected. If you could select dark mode by the app, or go back to High Sierra and have dock, menu bar, notifications, etc. and keep certain apps in light mode, that would be better.

aevan

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2015
Serbia
The problem with Dark Mode is not that it doesn't look very nice, but rather that it is poorly thought out or implemented. Sorry but Mail and Maps look horrible in dark mode. Safari is ok because you the web page is not affected. If you could select dark mode by the app, or go back to High Sierra and have dock, menu bar, notifications, etc. and keep certain apps in light mode, that would be better.

Depends on the person. I don’t see a problem with the Dark mode, seems very thouht out to me. Lots of little careful details. And a nice change.

KPandian1

macrumors 65816
Oct 22, 2013
Does Mojave prevent computer tracking? As in, somehow every website seems to know all the other sites I've cruised, including banks.

plexdk

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2007
i must admit i also love dark mode.. the high sierra implementation was half assed.. now i can finally have everything dark.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere

took me a while to adapt to it (since first public beta), but now i live on it, and would not go back to light mode. perfect? no, but pretty great...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.