Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Guri

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2019
London
This is new in Safari 12.2, and I don't believe it can be turned off. I'm also not a fan.
Thank you.

I updated mojave to 10.14.4. The safari is 12.1

It did not do like this before I updated it. I don't like it signs me in without my choice. :(

Thank you for the reply.

Reactions: Just_Looking

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Hi,

Can you please advise me what to do.

When I visit a website and I use auto fill to login, it logs me in automatically, before I press "enter".

How can i turn it off? I'm happy my MacBook to do auto fill but I don't want it to log me in without me pressing the enter button.

Any idea?
Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 11.19.45 AM.png

Try to uncheck this in System Prefs.

TimothyR734

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2018
Logsden Oregon
Hi,

Can you please advise me what to do.

When I visit a website and I use auto fill to login, it logs me in automatically, before I press "enter".

How can i turn it off? I'm happy my MacBook to do auto fill but I don't want it to log me in without me pressing the enter button.

Any idea?
Try click on safari at in the menubar bar next to the Apple logo open preferences you should find the autofill tab there

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
I’m used to having El Capitan on my previous 27 inch iMac where under the sleep settings I had the option to turn off the display of the iMac after “X”amount of minutes and a separate setting right under it to put the iMac to sleep after “X” amount of minutes. Now that I got a new 2019 iMac with OSX Mojave I no longer see such sleep settings, there’s only a setting to turn off the display after an X amount of minutes and I’m assuming Apple basically merged both settings into that one settings? If I set the display to turn off after 10 minutes which will mean the computer will also go to sleep after 10 minutes Which is not something I want to do because sometimes I walk away from the computer for more than 10 minutes yet I wouldn’t want the Mac to go to sleep after 10 minutes and that will result the iMac to go to sleep and wake from sleep way too many times however I’d like the Display to turn off after 10 minutes. This is such a terrible choice on Apple’s end to merge these 2 settings.

I see the prevent iMac from going to sleep when the display is off but that will mean that the iMac will not go to sleep if I enable that setting and I’ll need to manually put my iMac to sleep every time or perhaps set a sleep schedule

The “put hard disks to sleep when possible” is off as I was never a fan of this setting since I became a Mac user 15 years ago.

What are you Sleep settings set to on Mojave?

Just_Looking

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2019
I like the "Autofill" tab but i don't like when it logs me in strait away.

I joined this forum for this very issue. It's very problematic for me as I do nearly all my billing paying online.

After it loads the user name and password it ALSO automatically logs in. Or tries to log in and that's a big problem. If either info is wrong it can lock me out and it makes for a big pain to fix.

Is there a setting that has changed or did I turn something on or off? It's really causing me problems.

Thanks for any help.

Reactions: Guri

Guri

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2019
London
I joined this forum for this very issue. It's very problematic for me as I do nearly all my billing paying online.

After it loads the user name and password it ALSO automatically logs in. Or tries to log in and that's a big problem. If either info is wrong it can lock me out and it makes for a big pain to fix.

Is there a setting that has changed or did I turn something on or off? It's really causing me problems.

Thanks for any help.
Yes, same here. It causes lots of problems to me. I don't know how to solve to problem thou.

Reactions: Just_Looking

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
aah! now i know why i was locked out of the service after too many attempts using wrong password while using my mbp/safari. i also wondered why it showed a red text under the login details that the username/password was incorrect althought i didnt hit the login-button yet.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Could be due to 14.4, but this is some issues i'm constantly having to say "oh bugger"

- Whenever you create a new folder in finder window, which is outside of the viable area, i.e window is not large enough. there sometimes does not show scroll bars, so you end up with a new folder you may not be able to click or scroll to because its off the viewable area. (that is, until you enlarge the window, then shrink it, and volla!... you can scroll again)

Perhaps deleting Finder.plist will 'fix' this?

Strange issue..

- also when ripping Audio CD's in iTunes. sometimes the time is not shown at all, (even after it's ripped the current track),, it continues to show 0:00, until you go change folders,, then go back to previous..

Just refreshing doesn't help either.

Last edited:

Guri

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2019
London
Hi all,

Could anyone tell me please, what's the best app to lock the files (in my documents)?

tommiy

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2015
Tuxera and VMWare Fusion are still incompatible applications. Tuxera is aware of the problem for the last 9 months but have not been able to provide a fix to date. If you use an external drive for VMs either don't use Tuxera or NTFS as a format. If you do do will likely get a complete kernel lock when you try and eject the drive then its time to power off and on the machine. The corruption on the drive is typically only repairable under windows.

cool11

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2006
Mojave keeps having the brightness of my mbp screen, at full level, every time I boot the machine.
And I have to set it at a lower level.
It is supposed to keep the level I set, as it happens with sound.
Any ideas how to solve this problem?

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
Just a reminder, this thread isn't meant for troubleshooting issues. It's meant for sharing and discussing minor additions / changes in the OS. Please use another thread or start a new one to get help with issues.
Mojave keeps having the brightness of my mbp screen, at full level, every time I boot the machine.
And I have to set it at a lower level.
It is supposed to keep the level I set, as it happens with sound.
Any ideas how to solve this problem?
System Preferences > Displays and uncheck Automatically adjust brightness.

Reactions: cool11

tommiy

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2015
I've been using Fusion with 10.14 just fine?

Fusion and Mojave works fine. The issue is when coupled with an external NTFS formatted drive. Tuxera as the NTFS driver results in a kernel lock when you goto eject the external drive.

cool11

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2006
Just a reminder, this thread isn't meant for troubleshooting issues. It's meant for sharing and discussing minor additions / changes in the OS. Please use another thread or start a new one to get help with issues.

System Preferences > Displays and uncheck Automatically adjust brightness.

Believe me, I had already unchecked this option.
But from time to time, I find myself discovering that the brightness level is at maximum level, and i am not the one who did it (I am the only user of my mbp).

tommiy

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2015
Believe me, I had already unchecked this option.
But from time to time, I find myself discovering that the brightness level is at maximum level, and i am not the one who did it (I am the only user of my mbp).

i find exactly the same thing and i am the only user of my laptop. Generally i notice that the internal display reverts to 100% whenever changing external monitors around or a new monitor. MACOS seems to loose the setting and go to 100%.

Reactions: cool11

cool11

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2006
i find exactly the same thing and i am the only user of my laptop. Generally i notice that the internal display reverts to 100% whenever changing external monitors around or a new monitor. MACOS seems to loose the setting and go to 100%.

I have only my macbook pro, with no external monitors!
If you have the same problem as me, then is it possibly a bug?

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Not Mojave specific:

"Show CPU Usage"

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 10.32.25 am.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 10.32.25 am.png
    388.5 KB · Views: 304

cool11

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2006
txt files created with notepad in windows10, with the default utf8 encoding.(not ansi anymore)
I am unable to open them in mojave.
Why?

cool11

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2006
Here it is
enc.jpg[

I tried to open a utf-8 which was blank, and textedit opened it!
But if a utf-8 has something inside, written in Greek language, even though it is in utf-8, then textedit shows the above message.
I thought that these problems were solved especially with utf-8, but what happens?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.