Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

funkypepper

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2007
Judging by your last comments you seem very upset about something. Cool down!

Actually I find the Stickies icon very nice!
It's a valid improvement. Having text (since it's non-localisable) on icons is against the Apple's own HIG.

KoolAid-Drink

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2013
USA
"The Macintosh Desktop Experience".

Seriously? Is someone trying to be cute? Steve Would never!
That was actually introduced in Mac OS X 10.3 Panther, when the Finder icon was redid. Alongside the icon redo, "The Macintosh Desktop Experience" about:text was added to the "About" dialog for Finder.app. So, yes, that was introduced during Steve Jobs.

DJLC

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2005
North Carolina
Does anyone have a picture of the previous 11.0.1 icon?
Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 2.45.31 PM.png

TheralSadurns

Cancelled
Jul 8, 2010

Mitochondrion

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2019
This is new in 11.1? Could somebody please check and compare? I remember it was not full width. I did not change any settings in Music.

Screenshot 2020-12-22 at 11.09.36 PM.png

Kanunu

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2009
Hawaii
Is it just me or is it difficult for others to see the difference between read and unread emails in the Mail.app? I expect this may be a factor in the choice of font. Can the font be changed?

Reactions: RandomDSdevel

KALLT

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2008
Is it just me or is it difficult for others to see the difference between read and unread emails in the Mail.app? I expect this may be a factor in the choice of font. Can the font be changed?

Yes. In Mail preferences → Fonts & Colours.

It seems that Mail no longer respects the bold font option in Mail preferences → Viewing when using the list layout as opposed to the column layout.

alit

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2021
Receiving airdrop notification on both iPhone and Mac OS Big Sur simultaneously when someone's sharing file with me. Same Apple ID's signed-in in both Mac OS and iOS. This should be new I believe as it wasn't there in Mac OS Catalina! Even on sender's iPhone only one device is shown for airdrop which were separately shown before (updating to Big Sur) as Macbook and iPhone for nearby devices. Any similar experience?

Last edited:

gilby101

macrumors 68030
Mar 17, 2010
Tasmania
System Preferences -> Users and Groups
doesn't show groups
It shows all the users and groups which are an addition to those in clean install. On my Mac it shows two groups, one related to Wireshark and other to Backup Loupe - both apps added after installation.

If you want to see all users and groups you need to use the Directory Utility: /System/Library/CoreServices/Applications/Directory Utility.app

fivenotrump

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2009
Central England
It shows all the users and groups which are an addition to those in clean install. On my Mac it shows two groups, one related to Wireshark and other to Backup Loupe - both apps added after installation.

If you want to see all users and groups you need to use the Directory Utility: /System/Library/CoreServices/Applications/Directory Utility.app
The two groups I've added (for Wireshark and Unbound) don't appear in System Preferences.

gilby101

macrumors 68030
Mar 17, 2010
Tasmania
The two groups I've added (for Wireshark and Unbound) don't appear in System Preferences.

Here are my two groups. access_bpf was added by the Wireshark install and the other by
Backup Loupe.

Capto_2021-01-09_05-45-15_pm.png

If yours don't show have a look with the Directory Utility.

thebiggrabowski

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2021
This is new in 11.1? Could somebody please check and compare? I remember it was not full width. I did not change any settings in Music.

View attachment 1699466
I was taken aback by how large the art was in this new Music version. When I play a playlist, maybe one quarter of the usable page is blank white space beside the artwork, and my track list is confined by the size of the art and playlist title block.
Heaven forbid you want to open the column browser! You get 5 songs at a time viewable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.