Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
I can browse to one other network destination in finder but not all.
So, even just in Finder you can browse to one network but not another? If I'm troubleshooting this, it seems like something else might be going on here besides on your Mac. If you can get to one network destination in Finder, YOUR Mac is "working", and I'd troubleshoot the other(s) as to why you can't get to them. Maybe rebooting the other devices? It'd be even more bizarre and difficult to track if one connection works while another doesn't. Hard to know if it's your Mac preventing the connection or another, seeing as though you're already able to connect to one. That process works fine. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
I use Maccy as a clipboard manager. It's not happy.

Have you tried PasteBot?

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
A bug I've found with this build is with the Screensavers.. Apple's NEW Screensavers work just fine, but any Screensavers I've had installed and that have been working fine thru macOS 14 beta 1, are now NOT working at all. I found that my M1 MBP was warming up my lap more than normal, and checked Activity Monitor to see that there were four listings for "Legacy" Screensavers. Once those were Force Quit, and only using one of the New Screensavers instead of one of the ones I'd like to use, all is well.

I filed FB12416878 for this

Reactions: Brachaci

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
My PDFs are messed up on both the iOS beta 2 and Sonoma beta 2. They go in and out of working.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-22 at 10.18.49 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-22 at 10.18.49 AM.png
    56.4 KB · Views: 83

appleuser_7777

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2022
MacBook Pro M1
Very laggy animations when scrolling widgets menu.
Quick view doesn't show the size of folders and disks
Also they didn't improve bad pinch-to-zoom in Preview App (since Monterey) and laggy animation when opening of folder in launchpad
I don't understand what Apple was doing all the year

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2023-06-22 в 18.52.58.png
    Снимок экрана 2023-06-22 в 18.52.58.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 96

MacChester

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2018
The Ventura dynamic wallpaper seems to be broken for me since 14 beta 1 and 2. Under Ventura i could set appearance to dark (for dark windows) and Ventura wallpaper to dynamic. Under Sonoma dynamic wallpaper shows only the dark wallpaper without any changes through out the day.

Reactions: Brachaci

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
Bartender 4 is now showing up in the "Screen Sharing" icon permanently. They're changing something around the API, so it seems like certain apps need to readdress how they implement this.
i see this as well (and have reported it to both apple and surtees). when i wake my mac, the 'mic mode' icon replaces the screen sharing one (that shows with bartender); related to Boom 3D. i can't move either.

Reactions: krusnof

krusnof

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2007
Topanga, CA
i see this as well (and have reported it to both apple and surtees). when i wake my mac, the 'mic mode' icon replaces the screen sharing one (that shows with bartender); related to Boom 3D. i can't move either.
Yeah, this is what Preferences look like:

1687452583800.png

Any app that uses that API get's a warning pop-up from macOS to tell us so. CleanShotX, Bartender, etc.

Reactions: fisherking

medkintos

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2023
Apps that use Apple's Neural Engine seems unstable for me here. Crashing badly when using it on DaVinci Resolve (fixed by disabling Neural Engine altogether), Photoshop and Lightroom

TechAndOSWorld

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2018
Slovakia
Glad to report that my weird boot-loop issue seems to have been fixed in Beta 2. My Mac (2022 MacBook Air) still likes to hang on the same spot for half a minute, but it boots eventually.

Also, there's now a better contrast between the time and the lock screen background. (still no blur tho. edit: looks like I just didn't notice it before)

Beta 1:
Screenshot_2023-06-22_at_6.07.05_PM.png

Beta 2:
Screenshot 2023-06-22 at 6.48.46 PM.png

Last edited:

jags828

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2013
Scrolling with arrow keys doesn't work in Safari. The app TopNotch that makes the menu bar black also doesn't work with beta 2.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
Scrolling with arrow keys doesn't work in Safari. The app TopNotch that makes the menu bar black also doesn't work with beta 2.
topnotch didn't work beta 1; hoping the developer updates it. and here, arrow keys (in both betas) work sometimes, mostly not. just life on a beta... 🤔

jags828

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2013
topnotch didn't work beta 1; hoping the developer updates it. and here, arrow keys (in both betas) work sometimes, mostly not. just life on a beta... 🤔
That's odd, because TopNotch worked for me in b1. After booting up from beta 2 install my wallpaper was gone and TopNotch didn't work.

alexryans

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2010
Tailscale seems broken. The menu bar applet appears, but then you can’t interact with it. Have to force quit via activity monitor.
Opening Tailscale also seems to lock up my entire computer. It's like it's permanently in the foreground, but completely invisible, which means I can't correctly interact with anything (getting the "keyboard-not-usable" sound when trying to type in any input field and also clicking on my desktop seems to invoke the "Show Desktop" gesture). Force-quitting Tailscale via Activity Monitor fixes this completely.

peterharte

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2013
Anyone experiencing no finder and menubar in root user? Ever since beta 1.
Tried installing fresh on separate portion: same problem

alexryans

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2010
Opening Tailscale also seems to lock up my entire computer. It's like it's permanently in the foreground, but completely invisible, which means I can't correctly interact with anything (getting the "keyboard-not-usable" sound when trying to type in any input field and also clicking on my desktop seems to invoke the "Show Desktop" gesture). Force-quitting Tailscale via Activity Monitor fixes this completely.
I've found a workaround by logging into the Tailscale website and opening Screen Sharing via the Services section of a connected device. It looks like you don't have to have Tailscale running locally, just on the remote.

AmitSinha

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2023

⬅️ macOS 14 (Beta 2)

Release Date ― June 21, 2023 (16 Days)
Build Number ― 23A5276g
Update Size ― 3.79 GB Intel, 2.55 GB Apple (From 14.0 Beta 1)
macOS Storage Size after updating: 28.27 GB?
Apple Silicon System Firmware Version ― 10151.0.156.505.1
T2 BridgeOS System Firmware Version ― 2007.0.0.0.0

New Features & Changes
  • You can now set animated wallpapers as screensavers.
Resolved Issues
New Issues
Remaining Issues
Untested Issues

• QuickTime Player does not record the first couple of seconds when you use a Microphone (FB10086556)
    • Workaround: Wait around 5 seconds after seeing the yellow indicator in the Menu Bar, or use a different app for your recording needs
    • Issue present since macOS 10.13
  • Alarms may not play when your display is asleep for a long period of time (FB10086690)
    • Workaround: Make your display not fall asleep in Settings > Lock Screen > Turn display off on ____ when inactive. You can turn your brightness off.
    • Issue present since macOS 13.0
  • Excessive heating
  • Clicking the Lock Screen multiple times can cause the Lock Screen to crash, ultimately logging you out of your Mac.
  • Safari may have weird visual glitches when browsing the web at certain times
  • Messages have a chance to not send messages

Additional Notes
  • Please know, Memory Management has always been an issue on any OS (not just Apple's). If you believe there is a Memory Leak, please go to the Apple Menu > Restart > Restart to fix it.
  • When a new macOS release comes out, all issues automatically go to "Untested Issues" until they are moved by someone. Issues that stay in Untested for 3 releases (beta or smooth) will be removed from all future threads. When there is a new macOS release, please be sure to let us know about the issue's status by moving it to either "Remaining Issues" or "Resolved Issues"
  • macOS 14 Sonoma will be installed via a Delta Update in System Settings. Please be aware about this and the update won’t install with an installer.
  • macOS 14 is officially supported on the following devices. If your device is not listed below, it has unfortunately been dropped by Apple. Any efforts of trying to get your Mac running macOS 14, including bugs should be discussed in this thread.
    • MacBook Air: 2018, 2019, Intel 2020, M1, M2
    • MacBook Pro: 2018, 2019, Intel 2020, M1, M1 Pro/Max, M2, M2 Pro/Max
    • Mac mini: 2018, M1, M2, M2 Pro
    • iMac: Pro 2017, 4K 2019, 5K 2019, 5K 2020, M1
    • Mac Pro: 2019, M2 Ultra
    • Mac Studio: M1, M2 Ultra
  • macOS Somona Preview
  • macOS 14 Release Notes
  • Apple Security Updates
  • Become an Apple Beta Tester

Feel free to add in any issues or new features that you have spotted in this release by clicking the "Edit" button below.
Whatever you have mentioned, I cannot find the same in the release notes. What's the source?

rb69

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2022
Macbook Pro 16 2019

Beta 1 was stable without issue.

Now Beta 2:

1. 4 Crashes - within 3 hours of installing Beta 2.
2. when I open folders - can't navigate on left side and Cannot click any side bar listed folders (Desktop Documents iCloud...) - FIXED by restarting few times and PRAM / NVRAM reset
3. Trakpad not responsive and feels frozen most of the time

BR
Ramana

Last edited:

thatsthequy

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Exactly the same for me. I saw Tailscale 1.44 was released recently, hasn’t hit the Mac App Store yet but once it does I will re-test.

MrWeenus

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2017
Romania
Some animations are still rather buggy. Some windows do not animate as they minimise/restore, they basically pop on the screen and are invisible during the animation.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
I installed Beta 2 on my MBA M1 clamshell mode (cause the display is broken). Every time I unlock, I get a black desktop and I have to put back the wallpaper. This only happens when I lock it manually though. Don't know if it's an issue with just external displays or not. Yes, I sent feedback.

I want to know if anyone is experiencing this on their MBP (Apple Sillicon), before I decide if I want to install on my MBP M1 Max.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.