Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
Hi. I updated my Macbook Pro M1 2020 on 24th June for the 2nd update. And after the restart I started watching a YouTube video and suddenly audio stopped, I have sound icon volume is lowering/increasing but no actual sound. I tried basic troubleshooting. No sound when turning on the macbook. Headphone jack and BT audio, mic are working. Apple Diagnostics came normal. What could be the reason?
That’s odd. And audio from every source has stopped working?

hellfried

macrumors regular
May 3, 2008
Penang, Malaysia
I have noticed that since installing Sonoma on both my 2021 M1 MacBook Air and 2021 MacBook Pro 14", YouTube videos stutter once in a while. This affects the audio as well. It just freezes for a few miliseconds completely randomly. This has never been an issue on Ventura.

yarinl3

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2023
Do you have this bug too?
The WiFi list is empty and only when I put the mouse on it does it show the list.

Jakimo

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2008
Colorado Springs
The default Safari browser for b2 freezes up on me more and more, I think the problem may be related to Profiles.

So a question, has anyone tried to compare the stability between it and the Tech Prev version for macOS Sonoma? Does the Tech Prev version seem a bit more robust? I'm installing it now to try for the day, but I'm curious if others...?

mennion

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2023
Wow, I tested beta (23A5276g) and flickering (external monitor - dell and dark mode) seems fixed. Fingers crossed

Jakimo

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2008
Colorado Springs
The default Safari browser for b2 freezes up on me more and more, I think the problem may be related to Profiles.

So a question, has anyone tried to compare the stability between it and the Tech Prev version for macOS Sonoma? Does the Tech Prev version seem a bit more robust? I'm installing it now to try for the day, but I'm curious if others...?
Yep, no lock-ups during browsing while using the Safari Technology Preview. So I recommend it, if you have similar issues

younker

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2006
Adobe Lightroom Classic seems borked after today's update (it was working just fine before).

At first, it was impossible to switch between folders to view photos, now any attempt to access the catalog causes an application crash, even after deleting and creating a new catalog, and uninstalling / reinstalling Lightroom.
same issue here, and hope this can be fixed in next beta soon.

lmddawson

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2011
Pink glitching and system crashing from beta 1 disappeared but similar issues with sending videos coming through as 8bit and also will have an entire system crash where picture freezes but audio continues, requires full restart. Happens multiple times a day playing video through quicktime or safari

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.