Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

tmoerel

Suspended
Jan 24, 2008
Funny....VMWare Fusion is working OK for me on a rMBP late 2013 running Fusion 8.5.7. Tried a Win7 and a Win10 vm without any problems.

Auggie

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2017
Funny....VMWare Fusion is working OK for me on a rMBP late 2013 running Fusion 8.5.7. Tried a Win7 and a Win10 vm without any problems.

Same with me on my 2012 MBP so I'm not sure who reported it as not working. I've updated it to state it does work at least with Win 10 Pro x64 Boot Camp under version 8.5.7...

José Almeida

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2015
Hi
I am not able to edit. I cannot find the edit button???
So here is my contribute.

Textexpander does not work. It does not even launch
"
Failed to load settings
Unknown file format: No index file.

FIXED.
Now it works, just delete the folder on "library" Appsupport TextExpander and restart the app. The sync the snippets from web or import a backup file.

Last edited:

bradhs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2010
No, it isn't a bug. You'll need to reformat your Time Machine backup to AFS once the final OS is released.
I'm able to backup using my Time Machine backup located on a Time Capsule. My partition is now APFS while TimeMachine is HFS.

JCsHands2

macrumors member
May 2, 2013
GoToMeeting v8.5.0 Doesn't work.

It opens for a minute, displays this message and then locks up.
l8hZi6Q.png

martinocando

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2013
Have anyone triad MainStage, Adobe CC suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Animator, etc.), Tableau Desktop, and Final Cut Pro X?

UL2RA

Suspended
May 7, 2017
I'm able to backup using my Time Machine backup located on a Time Capsule. My partition is now APFS while TimeMachine is HFS.
Even if you do get it to work ... you're playing a risky game in not fudging your backup. Don't use a beta OS as a means to back up your important files.

Reactions: Apple_Robert

cpenner

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2013
Time Machine is working but takes some playing around with. My first attempt it kept looking for Backup Disk, then I removed the drive and reaped it in the TM settings, it then took about an hour preparing backup. You have to keep your TM in HFS+.

My Time Machine has been taking backups successfully and without error, with no modification on my part after installing High Sierra

abcdefg12345

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2013
works:
Microsoft word
Microsoft powerpoing
Microsoft excel
Pcalc
CalcVerter
Utorrent
VLC
Parcel

does not work:
1Password
Microsoft Outlook

MacHiavelli

macrumors 65816
May 17, 2007
new york
I added Scrivener 2.8.1.2; it opens the file but the documents are shown in a small window in the lower left corner of the screen. Makes it impossible to edit. Oddly, full screen mode will show the document and can be edited, but the app crashes within minutes. This is sort of depressing as I use Scrivener a lot. I may need to see how a Time Machine restore goes. (I backed up prior to the install of High Sierra.) But I'll wait it out for a week or two and see if there are other updates from either macOS or Scrivener (not likely) and just use something else to write for the moment.

I ran Microsoft Update for Office 2016 and checked the Insider Preview box and it updated all of office to 15.36. Now Outlook works again.

Converted my Scrivener manuscript to Storyist 3.4.3 and that works. Yay!

Keith at Scrivener is good at updates and runs betas.

Scrivener 3 is supposedly around the corner and will be a major update.

Keith has said that Sierra *might* be the last version of macOS to run Scrivener 2.8.x.

http://www.literatureandlatte.com/f...&sid=0218f70d1154e3c2acf373d1edd3f044#p234159

And Scrivener 3 for macOS is ready for release (and has been since April), but it is being held up by the wait to launch a compatible version of Scrivener 3 for Windows.

https://scrivener.tenderapp.com/hel...ompatibility-with-scrivener-for-windows-plans

In 2014, Keith spoke about releasing the next iteration (Scrivener 3) of Scrivener as a 64-bit app that year, and in 2015 and in 2016 he spoke about Scrivener 3 coming this year/next year. Like the long wait for Scrivener for iOS that lasted years, Scrivener 3 is having a very long gestation, though High Sierra might well force the release of Scrivener 3 to materialise this year. I hear that the Windows version of Scrivener 3 is a long way from being ready...

Jul 4, 2015
Paris
Keith has said that Sierra *might* be the last version of macOS to run Scrivener 2.8.x.

http://www.literatureandlatte.com/f...&sid=0218f70d1154e3c2acf373d1edd3f044#p234159

And Scrivener 3 for macOS is ready for release (and has been since April), but it is being held up by the wait to launch a compatible version of Scrivener 3 for Windows.

https://scrivener.tenderapp.com/hel...ompatibility-with-scrivener-for-windows-plans

In 2014, Keith spoke about releasing the next iteration (Scrivener 3) of Scrivener as a 64-but app that year, and in 2015 and in 2016 he spoke about Scrivener 3 coming this year/next year. Like the long wait for Scrivener for iOS that lasted years, Scrivener 3 is having a very long gestation, though High Sierra might well force the release of Scrivener 3 to materialise this year. I hear that the Windows version of Scrivener 3 is a long way from being ready...

Am sure he means version 2.0 for Windows ;) unless they are going to change to number parity.

I'd like to see Touch Bar support just so I can have even quicker shortcuts and also the screenwriting format options could interest me to write in that format.

Keith had to teach himself how to code so I'm happy to be patient. He even had to teach himself how to code the iOS version because people he hired couldn't get it done. I'm sure he will pull through. The man is a blessing.

Reactions: FangRock

balooo84

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2014
Eyetv does not work crashes on startup , and mac fan control is starting up is showing all the temps but you can not change the fan speeds

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.