Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
Hi
I am not able to edit. I cannot find the edit button???
So here is my contribute.

Textexpander does not work. It does not even launch
"
Failed to load settings
Unknown file format: No index file.

FIXED.
Now it works, just delete the folder on "library" Appsupport TextExpander and restart the app. The sync the snippets from web or import a backup file.

just in case anyone else is having this issue, to make it more clear, you need to delete this file:

~/Library/Application Support/TextExpander/Settings.textexpanderlocal

you can do that in terminal with:

sudo rm ~/Library/Application Support/TextExpander/Settings.textexpanderlocal

EDIT: it seems I need to do this on every boot

Last edited:
Reactions: bradhs

mountainman

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2007
North of Denver, Colorado
I have been using 1Password 6.8 Beta 4 on High Sierra with absolutely no crashes or issues with filling in Safari, Firefox, or Chrome. It has been perfectly stable the entire time. I am not sure what version the user reporting crashes with filling in Safari but it works as expected for me.

cflem

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2011
Texas
Pixelmator runs pretty good - it will degrade a little over time and give some weird graphics issues.

Vashetti

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2015
High Sierra seems to have a severe battery consumption bug.

I left my MBP (on battery) closed next to me while I slept, at around 95% battery. Opened it several hours later and it was at 53%.

All my Energy Saver settings are at defaults, so at most it should have dropped no more than a couple of percent.

13" MBP 2015.

Yup, happened again tonight. MBP hot to the touch when put to sleep and battery draining whilst it should be asleep.

Anyone else experienced this?

Activity Monitor doesn't point to any rogue process.

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
Pixelmator runs pretty good - it will degrade a little over time and give some weird graphics issues.

What do you mean it will degrade over time? There a software time bomb or something in it to slowly degrade over time? ;)
[doublepost=1497021084][/doublepost]
Yup, happened again tonight. MBP hot to the touch when put to sleep and battery draining whilst it should be asleep.

Anyone else experienced this?

Activity Monitor doesn't point to any rogue process.

It is a developer preview version. There will be many, many quirks that excite the mind of developers, but rile the mind of a normal user.

bradhs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2010
Previous insider build had no issue but the latest build crashes. It's very weird Microsoft would put a build out on the day after the new OS came out.

Agreed... A way to still see your data briefly is to use the search. That seems to work sometimes.

pickaxe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2012
Can anyone check if webm files can finally be played with Safari?

for example, does this video play?

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
osoft OneNote 2016 15.36 (170608) DOES WORK. Just released today. :)

Yep, received updates. Can confirm OneNote WORKING as well. All hail and hearty again. Loving this DP1. After couple of days, it has become smoother as if the dust got settled. The future DPs should make it really snappy.

Strelok

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2017
United States
This is more of a safari issue with High Sierra, but Amazon streaming doesn’t work. The HTML5 player just loads endlessly. Changing it to Safari 10.2 allows me to use silverlight.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.