Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

kissmo

Cancelled
Jun 29, 2011
Budapest, Hungary
Auto Display Brightness always keeps turning itself on after restarting.
Safari consumes a lot of CPU and temperature of the mac is high.
Choppy animations on rMBP 2015 13 inch
Safari still presents the same bug when randomly you cannot quit.
Very high battery consumption - lost 15% in 35 minutes while reading news on websites.
Youtube High Res video have flickering and artefacts while playing in some cases.
iTunes - nightmare - same as iTunes on Sierra latest update. extremely slow and freezing.

Looking forward to DP2 :)

Reactions: antmarobel

Alfred64

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2017
Can't find the EDIT button...

Doesn't work:
Sophos Antivirus

In fact remove it before trying to install the beta as it has troubles with the apfs and you run into eternal reboots.
There seem to be more Antivirus apps out there with problems, like Avast, but haven't tested myself.

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
Parallels 12 is (seems to be) working fine for me, runs my Win10 and CentoOS VM's correctly as far as I can tell.

For me, the resolution was off, and set REALLY high, so everything was really small. I just right clicked (two finger press) on windows desktop and changed the resolution. I assume this will be fixed in the next parallels update, with a parallels tools update.

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
Any reports on Office 2008 or Office 2011? Curious because of Microsoft's stance on it.

Thanks for posting that link. I just updated to Office 2016 because of it. I got the Home & Business Edition for $56.99. Think it's a GREAT deal. Seems to work OK, though some of the templates I previously made need to edited.

Lou

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
CarbonCopyCloner 4.1.15 (AFPS) NO - works HFS+
Splashtop Streamer 3.1.4.1 YES
Splashtop Business 3.1.4.1 YES
Plex Media Server 1.7.2.3878 YES
AppZapper 2.0.2 YES
Messenger (for Facebook messenger) 0.1.13.1491443794 YES - with some graphical glitches
Microsoft Remote Desktop 8.0.39 YES
BufferedVPN 1.0.35 YES

Last edited:

MacHiavelli

macrumors 65816
May 17, 2007
new york
Am sure he means version 2.0 for Windows ;) unless they are going to change to number parity.

I'd like to see Touch Bar support just so I can have even quicker shortcuts and also the screenwriting format options could interest me to write in that format.

Keith had to teach himself how to code so I'm happy to be patient. He even had to teach himself how to code the iOS version because people he hired couldn't get it done. I'm sure he will pull through. The man is a blessing.

Indeed, they are skipping Windows 2.0 and going to 3.0 for number (and feature) parity.

Oh, I agree. Clever guy and a top-notch product. Just hope that he and Ioa stay forever safe and well and fixed on Scrivener...so many people have vested interests and reliance in the work that they do.

bursthead

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2010
Skype, Steam and office all work. With the exception of Outlook.

I'm loving the battery life and the stability. I just purchased a 2016 macbook pro and it was crashing significantly on Sierra. I did a clean install with the beta and it's been like butter.

mahoneym

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2010
Mail plugins
Mail Buttler now working and also spam sieve

I have Spamsieve working but I still get the "mailbutler disable" window when I open Mail. It is showing in the activity monitor but nothing shows it is working (Mail Pref, etc).

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS
works:
Microsoft word
Microsoft powerpoing
Microsoft excel
Pcalc
CalcVerter
Utorrent
VLC
Parcel

does not work:
1Password
Microsoft Outlook

Download Outlook version 15.36.0 ( enroll in the beta program and choose the Fast Insider Install option to get this version )

Vashetti

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2015
High Sierra seems to have a severe battery consumption bug.

I left my MBP (on battery) closed next to me while I slept, at around 95% battery. Opened it several hours later and it was at 53%.

All my Energy Saver settings are at defaults, so at most it should have dropped no more than a couple of percent.

13" MBP 2015.

Reactions: mikecwest

krishmk

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2010
Firefox is running slow and is hogging memory. Fans are constantly running with Firefox on just about on every website. Switched to Chrome.
Safari seems to be ok, but Roboform on Safari is not great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.