Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Pennypacker83

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2010
Gemini 2 (version 2.3.5) crashes on start.

Application Specific Information:
*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: 'Cannot perform operation since entity with name 'SmartSelectionRule' cannot be found'
abort() called
terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException

SoCalReviews

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2012
In the latest (15.39) version of Excel, new workbooks open with missing column headers, and with row headers displayed upside-down (see attached), but the problem corrects itself as soon as you scroll.
After more than two years of bug fixes Office for Mac 2016 still not a polished product ready for "prime time". Good thing support for 2011 is expiring next month. Nice work Microsoft! :confused:

I am exploring alternatives now. I will be tinkering with using Apple... Pages, Numbers, Keynote and Mail. At least they're free and get regular updates, bug fixes, etc.. There is also free Open Source LibreOffice for Mac which is cross platform with Windows.

Last edited:

mzanker

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
United Kingdom
Has anybody managed to get CrashPlan Pro working with High Sierra? Working fine with 10.12.6 but cannot contact backup server as soon as I upgrade to 10.13. I've reinstalled CrashPlan Pro but it doesn't help. I've had no prompts to allow a kernel extension for it.

The actual error message CrashPlan Pro is giving is "Destination unavailable - not available"

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
Has anybody managed to get CrashPlan Pro working with High Sierra? Working fine with 10.12.6 but cannot contact backup server as soon as I upgrade to 10.13. I've reinstalled CrashPlan Pro but it doesn't help. I've had no prompts to allow a kernel extension for it.

The actual error message CrashPlan Pro is giving is "Destination unavailable - not available"

contact them, they have great support. crashplan has worked thru the betas, and now the final HS, for me, on both my macs...

MDarwish

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2017
Anyone's knowing what is the best working torrent client for the latest release of High Sierra?

Hater

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2017
Edinburgh, Scotland
Anybody else having battery issues?

Well, battery... display issues.

The battery icon in the menu bar disappears, and only comes up when you unplug the power cable, also it never updates, is stuck on 98%.

Appears to be an issue only with the display, the laptops actual charging and time on battery is all working as per normal

elf69

macrumors 68020
Jun 2, 2016
Cornwall UK
mine works but take between 1 and 2 hours to go from 98% to 100%.

still get 5 hours or more battery run time though.
Im running and old 2010 macbook so cannot complain about that!

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
I did - they were very apologetic but said that they couldn't help me because High Sierra is not officially supported yet :(

try again; high sierra is now 'official'. plus they helped me very recently. have them walk you thru restarting the app (or whatever they suggest)...

mzanker

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
United Kingdom
try again; high sierra is now 'official'. plus they helped me very recently. have them walk you thru restarting the app (or whatever they suggest)...
No, I mean that they don't support their CrashPlan Pro client on 10.13 yet. He said he would put my ticket on hold then contact me when they do officially support it.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it's still not working.

Morgon

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2014
I don't know if anyone here uses Skitch, but I'm having trouble using that in HS. Dragging and dropping the file handle (to do something with the capture) often hangs the program, but even if it doesn't, I get a blank image - I have to specifically 'Export' to a folder first.

Anyone know of any comparable screen-capture tools? I really like Skitch's ability to not have to specifically save my screenshot before dragging it to an IM or website's droppable widget (like the MR Forums), so that is an important feature.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
No, I mean that they don't support their CrashPlan Pro client on 10.13 yet. He said he would put my ticket on hold then contact me when they do officially support it.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it's still not working.

try them again (really, they helped me recently, and i was running a beta). there's a process they can either initiate, or walk you thru, to restart the app/reconnect it to the destination.

CrzyP

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2012
Can anyone tell me what this callhistory.sync is or what is actually supposed to be there? I noticed this after the update. This is in the Siri settings under Siri Suggestions. The last two items on this list are Notes and Safari. Thanks.
SiriSuggestions.png

poheto

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2017
Sound preferences do not work for me. "Could not load Sound preferences pane". Also, web browsers of all kinds are almost not functional. Took me about 5 minutes and a reinstall of the OS to get here to post this

Hi! I encountered that problem too. Could you find a fix? Air 11'' 2013.
p.s. Also display blinks intermittently. It is awful. The worst update for me in my life..

updated: possible decision is to delete /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/InstantOn.driver/Contents/MacOS/InstantOn if it exists.

Last edited:

jasminetroll

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2017
Indianapolis
After more than two years of bug fixes Office for Mac 2016 still not a polished product ready for "prime time".

Maybe so or maybe not, but it's unfair to use my bug as evidence either way, because the version in question is a prerelease ("Insider Fast") build.

Moreover, the bug is fixed in build 15.40 (170926), released as a Fast Insider update today.

I should have probably been clearer about what I meant by "the latest version" in my original post; I have no idea whether or not the bug is present in any non-prerelease build.

Takuro

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
List claims quicksilver works. I am hesitant since the new file system seems like it would be a big change for it to handle, and I don't see evidence that anyone works on it anymore.

Can anyone confirm?
Does anyone use it besides me?
I don't know how to work a computer without it.

EDIT: Works fine.

The latest Quicksilver 1.5.6 doesn't work for me. There's no "works with issues" designation on the first post, but I'd put into that category if possible. For me, it is hanging frequently when I type a search and will freeze with partial text in the box before crashing. If I go into the "Triggers" pane of settings it also crashes immediately.

I'm trying to find an applicable bug on their issues tracker.
https://github.com/quicksilver/Quicksilver/issues

----
Update:

Found my bug. There were indeed crash reports for Quicksilver hidden inside "~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/" which, when I open them, all referenced a call to "recentDocumentsForBundle" which triggers the path of the crash. This function is cited in a recently filed defect which seems like a match:

"Recent Documents are broken under High Sierra #2396"
https://github.com/quicksilver/Quicksilver/issues/2396

I tried to go under "catalogue" settings and go to User -> Recent Items -> Recent Documents and uncheck it, but it's still crashing.

Not sure why this isn't more widely reported *shrug*. Seems like it's a potentially common thing that could be hit because it boils down to referencing a deprecated data class.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.