Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

powerslave12r

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2010
Reporting another issue I'm facing, 2015 MBP 15, macbook wakes to a black screen occasionally and the only way to get out of that mode is a hard reset.

If this cannot be fixed, I will be forced to downgrade to Sierra. (Assuming that is still an option.)

pixiedusted

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2008
I see where it says that Circus Ponies Notebook crashes after a few seconds. Can anyone verify it still crashes on the latest version of High Sierra? I love this program and hate to lose it to HS.

steve-w55

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2011
Having a few issues with BBEdit 11.6.8.
Once I've seen it display all characters as a square box. After restarting it showed them as white space. This applied to every file I opened. Had to reboot to fix.
I've also seen it consistently truncate files. The same files were not truncated in version 12 beta.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
Onyx for High Sierra has been released https://www.titanium-software.fr/en/onyx.html
When starting, Onyx normally checks for disk integrity; now with APFS this apparently can't be done. Onyx also recommends to turn on journaling (in Info - Volume).

onyx checked my 13" macbook pro, but i got the journaling error on my 12" macbook (so, not sure whats up). both macs are NOT journaled...

macross87

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2017
Is anyone experiencing issues with Microsoft's OneDrive for business app? After the upgrade, it cannot sync for me. Currently on 10.13.1

obxruss

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2017
Nags Head, NC
I'm having an issue recording video on any application since the upgrade to HS. This would include iMovie, Final Cut Pro, QuickTime and even Photobooth. I have a late-2011 13" MacBook Pro and a mid-2012 15" MBP and both were said to be compatible.

The issue is freezing and stopping when recording a video, so seems to be more of an issue with the camera hardware and writing to the disk rather than software.

I'm new to the forum so not sure which thread to find. I have been searching but have not seen this specific issue.

commanderclif

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2012
Florida
Time Machine is working but takes some playing around with. My first attempt it kept looking for Backup Disk, then I removed the drive and reaped it in the TM settings, it then took about an hour preparing backup. You have to keep your TM in HFS+.

I had read somewhere that SMB needed to be used instead of AFP but didn't know how I would make that edit. Pre High Sierra I was getting the message that a new backup was needed to be made which I did over the weekend while now on High Sierra yet I see my Time Machine setting is still using AFP to connect to the drive on my Airport Extreme so I guess its okay for now?

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Office 2011 is a 32 bit. Starting in January Apple is going to start depreciating 32 bit apps. It's likely that Office 2011 will be one of the first to stop working.

This is incorrect. That only applies to submitted apps to the Mac App Store. If you have an app that’s 32 bit it will always work in High Sierra.

They are following a similar model to iOS, which probably means in 10.13 you’ll get a warning dialog and 10.14 will kill them entirely. So we have until the Fall of 2019.

macross87

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2017
Is anyone able to confirm that their OneDrive for Business is working normally on High Sierra?

Demigod Mac

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2008
Not compatible, Microsoft already said that Office 2011 will not work with High Sierra.
Well aware of what Microsoft said. But there's varying degrees of "not compatible / supported" ranging from "program won't even launch" to "launches but unusable due to glitches" to "usable but has minor issues that won't ever get fixed"

I'm just curious which one of those Outlook 2011 is.

bearlysophisticated

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2017
Hi Guys!

I'm unable to launch Slack nor Spotify after a few days of installing High Sierra.

The apps immediately crash after launch, no UI is visible. There's the same error message in Console:

UNIX error exception: 17

Does anyone else experience the same issue? Any solution? Clean reinstall doesn't help.

Thank you!

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
Not compatible, Microsoft already said that Office 2011 will not work with High Sierra.

NO! - NOT TRUE AT ALL!!!!! That is certainly NOT what MS said. MS Office 2011, so far, is working in High Sierra.

Lou

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.