Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
hmm...
Why would it matter "how"? The 'fish knows --- always trust the 'fish!
and, the OP is a brand new poster, and wishes that everyone have fun.
Must be real, right?

kingcodfish

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2017
hmm...
Why would it matter "how"? The 'fish knows --- always trust the 'fish!
and, the OP is a brand new poster, and wishes that everyone have fun.
Must be real, right?

Yes, I recommend that you do not listen to this post, since you have no reason to believe me. Instead, on Monday, you can remember this thread and my post for future reference.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Yes, I recommend that you do not listen to this post, since you have no reason to believe me. Instead, on Monday, you can remember this thread and my post for future reference.
Hmm... Your words, not mine. I don't know where you got the idea that I don't believe you --- maybe, as you say, I wan't "listening"
So, I believe you. But then it's just time for next beta to be released. No great surprise there... (and, lots of folks come here with (special) information - 'tis a rumors site, isn't it?)
We all like a good rumor. Look at all the traffic on the areas covering all the rumors of the new 'phones.

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
Guy predicts beta update on the day everyone expects the beta update. What an accomplishment.

Wait till the beta is out, and if he has gotten the build number right. We shall never hear the end of it, how he was the first one to break the news.

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
Wait till the beta is out, and if he has gotten the build number right. We shall never hear the end of it, how he was the first one to break the news.

Can't a build number be counted by days? so, if it comes out on Tuesday, it will be one number higher?

robert1998

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2017
It is very easy to predict if you question me...
iOS and macOS betas usually come in the same day, so this website is useful for both of them : http://www.thinkybits.com/blog/iOS-versions/

As you can see : iOS 9 beta 3 took 13 days
iOS 10 beta 3 took 14 days

Now if you do the math using iOS 11 beta 3 : Beta 3 released on July 10th => 10 + 14 = 24th July (Monday)

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
I do not think it is this simple at this scale.

I don't mean to imply a specific release date, just that I thoguht Build 17A315h was 315 days into development...and if that day is tomorrow, then the next day would be 316? I know in the past, the public beta would be released two days later an would have the number 2 higher than the dev beta......who knows..its all speculation anyway, I just take them as they come.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Can't a build number be counted by days? so, if it comes out on Tuesday, it will be one number higher?

Don't think so, the latest beta was 17A306f, he says this one is 315h, that's 9 days in between, it's longer than that, could be working days though.
It definitely is not as easy as just counting the days/days since start of development.

Jayderek

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2010
Madison, WI
...and if the build number is different tomorrow, this poster will claim some last minute changes in development. This 'prediction' isn't worth a thing. Not difficult to know the next beta is tomorrow.

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
[/QUOTE]

It looks like you didn't put a response? Hmmm.......weird I can't seem to quote Ron Fisks blank response..

I like your town, Goleta....I like to stop at Nikka Fish Market for lunch or dinner when I am in town or just passing through.

kingcodfish

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2017
...and if the build number is different tomorrow, this poster will claim some last minute changes in development. This 'prediction' isn't worth a thing. Not difficult to know the next beta is tomorrow.
No I won't. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, and clearly shouldn't be listened to since that means I'm unreliable and don't actually have any insider information.

kingcodfish

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2017
I don't care what the build number is! Just fix First Aid and get on with it...
Unfortunately that's not happening in this beta. Not many changes to Disk Utility. The build number for it is about 2 higher but still no resizing APFS partitions and First Aid is same as before.

Ron Fisk

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2017
Goleta, CA

It looks like you didn't put a response? Hmmm.......weird I can't seem to quote Ron Fisks blank response..

I like your town, Goleta....I like to stop at Nikka Fish Market for lunch or dinner when I am in town or just passing through.[/QUOTE]

mikecwest,
There was no response! posted an empty reply. Still trying to figure this forum out. Sorry about that. I have Age Related Attention Deficit Disorder...

BTW never tried Nikka's. Will give it a go!

Last edited:

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
It looks like you didn't put a response?

I like your town, Goleta....I like to stop at Nikka Fish Market for lunch or dinner when I am in town or just passing through.
Isn't the cycle ever other Monday for dev and every other Wednesday for public?

mikecwest,
There was no response! posted an empty reply. Still trying to figure this forum out. Sorry about that. I have Age Related Attention Deficit Disorder...

BTW never tried Nikka's. Will give it a go![/QUOTE]

Also, I don't know if you jailbreak your phone or not, but The Godfather of Cydia is in your town.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.