Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryxn

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2017
New "Now Playing" widget in the Notifications Bar. Doesn't seem to be working properly on my end, but interesting they included it. I feel like they have some plans for it in the future.

LarryJoe33

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2017
Boston
New "Now Playing" widget in the Notifications Bar. Doesn't seem to be working properly on my end, but interesting they included it. I feel like they have some plans for it in the future.

Where exactly are you seeing this? What Notification Bar? Sorry if this is obvious but I can't seem to check out what you are talking about?

ryxn

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2017
Where exactly are you seeing this? What Notification Bar? Sorry if this is obvious but I can't seem to check out what you are talking about?
No worries, here's a screenshot with the iTunes widget and the Now Playing widget that you can add. It's not much different, but seems to have an icon for the album art. It doesn't work right on my iMac sadly.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 9.29.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 9.29.21 PM.png
    209.7 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Reactions: LarryJoe33

v1597psh

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2014
London
No worries, here's a screenshot with the iTunes widget and the Now Playing widget that you can add. It's not much difference, but seems to have an icon for the album art. It doesn't work right on my iMac sadly.
It's system-wide and works for almost any playing media on your Mac

Reactions: ncrypt

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
Installed DP4 and it converted my SSD to APFS automatically, without giving me an option. I'm not having any issues with it though and it's running much better on my older MacBook Pro than the previous DPs. Memory usage seems to be fixed.
[doublepost=1501140116][/doublepost]
It's system-wide and works for almost any playing media on your Mac
Doesn't work when I play a track in the Deezer app.

ryxn

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2017
[doublepost=1501140116][/doublepost]
Doesn't work when I play a track in the Deezer app.
Yeah, it's really buggy for me right now. I'm sure it'll get better next beta or so.

Also, I'm experiencing a bug I had on previous betas: when viewing videos or gaming in fullscreen, window management will get glitchy and new windows for apps will start in the upper left hand corner, making it hard to grab them and move them around.

A quick fix to this is to simply quick out of the apps you're experiencing this issues in, and re-launch them. Window management will get back to normal. For Finder windows, look up Finder in the Activity Monitor and force quit out of it.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Don't be offended if I say this but isn't this a bit an odd question (in this thread) since macOS officially lanced now so why not install the latest or ask for it in the thread for macOS 10.13 (release).
While I see the point that you’re making, I would prefer to quote someone who has directly experienced the issue rather than my question get lost in a sea of random disconnected comments.

Also, why would I take the risk and effort of installing, instead of gleaning from the knowledge of others who already have?

Last edited:

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
Has the Mail issue been rectified?

The answer that justperry gave, is a very clear concise answer. There is no reason to do an incremental update to a dev beta after 4. You should just install the FINAL RELEASE, mail works just fine for me on the Final Release...... I have heard that some might have issues with GMAIL, but I don't, so who knows?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.