Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

007 Junior

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2013
The Netherlands
1Blocker doesn't seem to work properly. Opening the app works, but it's not blocking content in Safari anymore. Extensions are installed and enabled.

DocMultimedia

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2012
Charlottesville, VA
Added the following to the wiki as WORKING:

Copy'Em Paste
Default Folder X
TextExpander 5
Default Folder isn't working on my MacBook Pro 2017 (Touch Bar). Hmm.

It seems to be running with no problem, the menu bar icon is there (and everything functions in it), but it just doesn't appear on the window when I'm opening or saving a file.

Last edited:

adamgolfer

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2018
Overall it's been working great with everything I use but LastPass is not responding at all. It works as an extension within Safari and Chrome but the desktop client is unresponsive.

dof250

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2014
1Blocker doesn't seem to work properly. Opening the app works, but it's not blocking content in Safari anymore. Extensions are installed and enabled.
Its not working for me anymore too. It did work on my 13" MacBook Pro, but on my newly installed 15" MacBook Pro I can't get it to work now..

Yidaki

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2009
SketchApp 50.2 is working
PyCharm 2018.1 is working
PHPStorm 2018.1 is working
MySQL Workbench is working

No issues at all so far with those

MAMP Pro seems to have some issues running properly (its always freezing for a second ever few seconds), but is somewhat working to a state where I can somehow start the servers. But yeah, its not good. Will need an update.

i have the same spinning beachball,hanging issues however most importantly I cant start up mySQL server! Did you have success with that?

Yidaki

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2009
i have the same spinning beachball,hanging issues however most importantly I cant start up mySQL server! Did you have success with that?

FIXED!: I followed this standard advice I found elsewhere if it's of any help to anyone else:

Remove the files ib_logfileN (N being the number) from the MAMP/db/mysql56 folder.

Then restart MAMP.

I've also found rebooting the computer whenever I've run into a lot of hangups eventually resolves in addition.

Reactions: tatsumi

iGoogledYou

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2018
Not working:
Finch for Inbox
FreeChat for Facebook Massenger

Working:
iTerm
Transmit
Google Chrome
CS Photoshop

Scary Spice

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2015
British Columbia
Anyone tried NTFS for Mac?
Working fine for me on a mbp 15" TB and an iMac Pro
[doublepost=1529157227][/doublepost]
The latest version of snagit does not work. I'm disappointed but not surprised since Apple updated how screen captures work. They must have made changes to the underpinnings that is interfereing with snagit

I use Snagit all day everyday... can anybody recommend alternatives that work on Win10 as well? I am not satirized with their response or the state of their bloated product.

I am using annotate as a temporary replacement but it is not very good.

Reactions: peros550

hxlover904

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2011
Logic is NOT working with the Helix floor model for me. Are any of you Logic users using a Helix and getting it to work?

GuillaumeB

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2007
Just behind you
Hello,

Looking at the pinned post, I did not find those in any of the list :

Webtorrent
Yummy FTP Lite
Waltr
MacDropAny
Haptic Touch Bar
AirServer

Any feedbacks appreciated.

Thank you very much

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Anyone tried Lightroom?
I tried Lightroom last night and it was working except for one issue. I could not import from my SD card. LR crashed with the SD card in, and I went to import and selected the SD card. I was able to import my images but I had to manually copy from the SD card before importing them.

Saturnine

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2005
Manchester, UK
Leaving this here in case it’s of use to anyone...

A beta of OSX FUSE 3.8.1 was released yesterday with “experimental” compatibility for Mojave. It seems to work.

Apps that rely on FUSE may need to be run from the terminal using sudo, after updating FUSE to 3.8.1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.