Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

DocMultimedia

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2012
Charlottesville, VA
The Dropbox menu bar display is having all sorts of issues on my MacBook Pro 2017. It shows a few items, and then if you roll over things it just become blank. Dropbox is working fine, just not the menu bar. I've tried this in light and dark mode. Both problematic. (Note: there are lots of files that should be displayed on this image).

Screen Shot 2018-06-06 at 8.14.28 PM.png

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
Minor update to Aperture - my earlier lack of Adjustments apparently was due to launching the previously installed version on the internal drive. After installing it afresh onto the same USB stick, it does appear to work perfectly as expected, with the caveat that it does seem to take a few seconds for the RAW adjustments panel to appear - again, that may be due to me running all of this off a fast USB stick. As such, I've updated the first post to include Aperture (3.6).

Sadly so. I do still use QT7 a fair bit, for quick'n'easy transcoding of short files, or extracting specific tracks (usually a particular audio track), but so it goes. Can anyone suggest an easy alternative for track extraction? (eg an audio track of a video file)

we'll get another year of QT7 (i didn't expect that), but i also would like to find a simple replacement... for when...

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Sadly so. I do still use QT7 a fair bit, for quick'n'easy transcoding of short files, or extracting specific tracks (usually a particular audio track), but so it goes. Can anyone suggest an easy alternative for track extraction? (eg an audio track of a video file)
I still use it to split and join too, however I think Subler can do this. I should probably try it at some point :)

Edit: Although I suppose the next question is "does Subler use QuickTime internally?"

Edit 2: Subler doesn't like ProRes so it doesn't work for my purposes (I normally combine video and audio by opening both files then I push Cmd-A, Cmd-C, Cmd-`, Cmd-Opt-V, Cmd-Shift-S... and bam, that gives me a file with both tracks in it - with the muscle memory to prove it!).

Last edited:

SpinXT

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2018
Texas
For all the app designers out there. (Italics for items that appear broken, if there is no note it's working)

Confirmed Working:
Sketch
Balsamiq
Principle
Balsamiq
Photoshop CC
Illustrator CC
Skala Preview
Slack
Pixelmator
Pixelmator Pro
Mindnode
Blender

For you music peeps:
Abelton Live - Need to enable in accessability.
Logic Pro X
OSCulator

For the video peeps:
Da Vinci Resolve 15
Mplayer X

For the devs:
Postman
Transmit
Geekbench
Zulip
Beaker Browser
Windscribe VPN

Randoms:
Discord
Minergate - Crashes after a few seconds
Cointick
Bear
Parcel
Lastpass Desktop
Highland
Parsec

Overall, pretty much everything I've tried so far seems to stick. Can someone update the Wiki with these as I don't yet have the required rank to update it.

Reactions: minik

askme

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2007
I might have missed it but is Office 2011 still working, specifically Excel and Word?

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
Pages, Keynote, Spotify, Evernote, FCPX, Logic and even non-updated BetterTouchTool work fine for me on 10.14b1, contrary to another users' reports.

VLC works fine.
CommanderOne too.
Pixelmator OK
Dropbox OK
Adobe CC 2018 seems to work too.

Some low-level utilities like BatteryTruth don't launch at all. Cakebrew crashes on updating/installing new formulas.

Commander One Pro doesn't work here - It can't read the contents of the user directory. How are you getting it to work? I tried giving it access in Security and Privacy -> Accessibility prefpane
Commander One vs Commander One Pro ( does it make a difference? )

surfnode

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2013
United Kingdom
TeamViewer partially works.
The application loads and allows me past my login screen, however once on the desktop I am unable to control or click on anything.

mixel

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2006
Leeds, UK
Things I need to know about:

• Wacom Cintiq drivers?
  • Affinity Photo

Everything else is bonus. Generally I’d expect the Wacom driver to break.. The Wacom driver almost always breaks.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
I cannot get the Aerial screensaver to work in Mojave. In High Sierra is says it doesn't work, but repeated tries will make it functional - it just flat doesn't work with Mojave.

homohurre123

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2018
I cannot get the Aerial screensaver to work in Mojave. In High Sierra is says it doesn't work, but repeated tries will make it functional - it just flat doesn't work with Mojave.
Weird It works on my Computer. you get a black Screen or the Mac Version unsupported message?

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Weird It works on my Computer. you get a black Screen or the Mac Version unsupported message?

Message "you cannot use the Aerial screen saver on this version of macOS...". Developer has not updated it in quite a while... I got the same message on High Sierra, but was able to get it to load and work eventually... not so for Mojave.

Is there a trick?

homohurre123

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2018
Message "you cannot use the Aerial screen saver on this version of macOS...". Developer has not updated it in quite a while... I got the same message on High Sierra, but was able to get it to load and work eventually... not so for Mojave.

Is there a trick?
Yes this is an Old Mac OS Bug. You have to choose Aerial as your Screensaver then press cmd + q then relaunch system preference and then it should work.

mixel

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2006
Leeds, UK
Things I need to know about:

• Wacom Cintiq drivers?
  • Affinity Photo

Everything else is bonus. Generally I’d expect the Wacom driver to break.. The Wacom driver almost always breaks.
Wacom drivers work - you just have to give them permissions in security/privacy settings and then reboot. :)

Affinity Photo runs great too, possibly even smoother than it did? (this might be a placebo thing!)

Spamsieve's latest beta works.

Linn Songcast is apparently 32bit so will stop working unless they update it.

.. I dont even want to think about the various game engines/dev platforms i have installed. :eek:

seb21093

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2018
Apps that DON'T work :
- Antidote
- Crossover
- Euro Truck Simulator 2
- Hitman 2017
- iFunBox
- LiteIcon
- Mafia III
- Omni Recover
- Phone Clean
- Ringer
- Spotify
- Stremio

Apps that works partially :

- Launchpad Manager Yosemite ( lags a lot)
- qBittorrent (crashes sometimes)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.