Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

charleswong

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2012
Could someone test VirtualBox?
I got message like:
Kernel driver not installed (rc=-1908)
Make sure the kernel module has been loaded successfully.
Anyone else?

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Up and working fine on mine. Running latest version of fcpx
I got a 32-bit warning* but it seemed to still work. Admittedly it was only a cursory check.

*FCP itself is 64-bit but apparently it loads a 32-bit component in the background; the message said something about one of its dependencies being 32-bit.

nachopants

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2018
Could someone test VirtualBox?
I got message like:
Kernel driver not installed (rc=-1908)
Make sure the kernel module has been loaded successfully.
Anyone else?

Hi mate,

I can confirm VirtualBox DOES NOT, work, not the 5.2.12 stable release, nor the 5.2.13 test build.

I can also confirm reinstalling Mojave from scratch on a formatted drive, then making VirtualBox the first thing you install of any app, it still fails.

Envo

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2015
Can someone tests Ableton, and some VSTs (like Serum, Spire, Massive)?

Ricktracer

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2012
Discord works mostly, but for whatever reason I can hear other people perfectly, but they cannot hear me at all. Using B1 Mojave on a MacBook Air 2017 using the internal mic.

huluba_stefan

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2015
SketchApp 50.2 is working
PyCharm 2018.1 is working
PHPStorm 2018.1 is working
MySQL Workbench is working

No issues at all so far with those

MAMP Pro seems to have some issues running properly (its always freezing for a second ever few seconds), but is somewhat working to a state where I can somehow start the servers. But yeah, its not good. Will need an update.

PHPStorm 2018.1 crashes for me...

Nero Wolfe

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Anyone willing to post screenshots of a few non-native apps under Dark Mode? Wondering what they look like. I was assuming that if they used standard UI elements from IB they might pick up the dark appearance...

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Anyone willing to post screenshots of a few non-native apps under Dark Mode? Wondering what they look like. I was assuming that if they used standard UI elements from IB they might pick up the dark appearance...

Apps need to be updated and rebuilt in Xcode 10 to become Dark Mode compatible - in some cases, there's zero extra work (especially if you're only using standard UI elements), but I think it isn't automatically enabled in case there are contrast issues with custom colours or controls.

At the moment, they all have a light interface, regardless of whether dark mode is on or not.

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
I really have grown to hate this every year the "does not work" list. It's painful. Why can't they (apple and 2rd party devs alike) put some effort in to avoiding this mess. That would go along way to make a better user experience instead of a dread fest.

Reactions: Johnchapin

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
I really have grown to hate this every year the "does not work" list. It's painful. Why can't they (apple and 2rd party devs alike) put some effort in to avoiding this mess. That would go along way to make a better user experience instead of a dread fest.
...eh? This is the exact time period where this is happening. They're ensuring as many apps as possible are compatible on release day by running a multi-month beta period. This is exactly when developers want to find out their apps are broken, and how they can fix them.

If you mean when the public version of the OS is released, then OK, but you can't stand still forever. Developers have to keep up or we'd all still be using ClarisWorks.

bookemdano

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2011

That's why this is a Developer Preview. It's not meant for public consumption because there are presumably many incompatibilities that need to be worked out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.