Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

helix21

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2009
Papers 3 is not really working (very laggy, clearly broken in dark mode). Crucially, using its magic citation feature in Word 2016 crashes word every time.

Word of warning for those students! I am reinstalling High Seirra as I write this. I keep saying I'd never do this, but heard so many good things that went ahead and did!

Cancelled
Jul 3, 2013
Also interested in finding out if Photoshop CS6, Illustrator CS6 and InDesign CS6 are supported.

I'm hoping CS6 is fine as it seems to be a 64bit program according to System Report - the updater and other parts aren't but that's not an issue for me so long as the main program works fine. Still need to see it checked though.

Reactions: Mr. Dee

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
I'm hoping CS6 is fine as it seems to be a 64bit program according to System Report - the updater and other parts aren't but that's not an issue for me so long as the main program works fine. Still need to see it checked though.
I might just leave this Mac on Sierra for the rest of its life. Just that I know I will need to eventually upgrade for security updates.

homohurre123

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2018
Google Drive File Stream? Anyone can please confirm working?
You mean the Google Sync program? If you meant this it works

Just found what you meant. It Works as far as i could see. But I dont have G-suite so it stopped me after Login. But starts perfectly without crash

Last edited:

gabe211

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2011
CodeKit launches but its totally unusable in light and dark mode. Also the icon becomes transparent(?).
IGO8DBi.png

AUFan88

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2014
AL
What about Chrome Remote Desktop?

Update! You can not use the mouse or keyboard when remotely connected.

Last edited:

cschmelz

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2007
Funny Private Internet Access is listed as not working but works fine for me.

VMWare Horizon Client fails to black screen for me however.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Audirvana Plus 3 - Working, Direct Mode still not working same as previous Sierra/High Sierra though tweak still works
Pixelmator - Working
Pixelmator Pro - Working
Skitch - Working, but Command+Shift+5 shortcut seems to be conflicting with Mojave's new shortcut for the screenshots
Skype - Working
Opera - Working
Vivaldi - Working
Bartender 3 - Not Working (Rarely works), it asks for the access to contacts on launch but nothing happens even you accept
Sketch - Working
Sip - Working
iStat Menus - Working
Contexts - Working
Screenflick - Working
Shady - Working
Transmit - Working
Boom 3D - Working
IINA - Working

Bartender 3 3.0.45 is running completely fine for me.
[doublepost=1528304416][/doublepost]
Has anyone tested LastPass, LogMeIn or Jump Desktop? Please update the WiKi post. :)

Jump Desktop works fine, I've updated the Wiki :)

Apple Fritter

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2017
Anybody else having problems watching video streams with any browser other than Safari?

I tried Chrome regular, beta and dev as well as Opera. Videos get a loading circle but nothing really happens. A reset of the browser settings, deleting cookies, content or extensions hasn't helped either. Also tried disabling hardware acceleration, nada. :(

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
This is not the answer you are looking for. But as a long time user of Aperture, the sooner you migrate to Apple Photos app, the better (or Adobe Lightroom or other third party apps if you prefer the alternative).

Thankfully, iPhoto is a 64-bit app. But that does not mean it is guaranteed to function properly in the future versions of macOS. And there are few other reasons:
  1. iPhoto does not support the latest file formats, which can save you quite a bit of storage space.
  2. At some point in the future, Apple Photos may not migrate iPhoto library format perfectly, perhaps not at all.
  3. Few gripes aside, I think iCloud Photo Library is great. No more syncing iOS and macOS.
  4. Apple Photos is faster overall.

Reactions: macintoshmac

dkeane

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2014
Seems like the Pocket Casts app is broken for me. It launches but I'm unable to sign in

rainmakerraw

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2018
All tested and working on Mojave DB1. I've omitted anything I've spotted already listed on the thread, but apologies if I missed any. I hope this helps someone.

AdGuard Pro
Authy Desktop
Bitdefender Virus Scanner (free, AppStore)
BlockBlock
Friendly for Netflix
goPanel
IINA
Keka
KnockKnock
MacUpdater
NetworkUtilityX
NoMachine (Remote Desktop)
NZBVortex 3
Paste
qBittorrent (though minor visual issues with macOS dark theme)
quickNFO
SecuritySpy
Speedtest.net desktop app
SofaPlay
Task Explorer
Transmit
VPN Monitor IKEv2 (App Store)
vpn.ac client

Cancelled
Jul 3, 2013
I might just leave this Mac on Sierra for the rest of its life. Just that I know I will need to eventually upgrade for security updates.

I've had no issues with High Sierra, I'd imagine it's a good choice for upgrading to just now.

fddc99

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2014
You mean the Google Sync program? If you meant this it works

Just found what you meant. It Works as far as i could see. But I dont have G-suite so it stopped me after Login. But starts perfectly without crash

Thank you! Confirming G-Suite Drive Stream works.

rainmakerraw

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2018
Would someone with the appropriate permissions please edit the OP with my working programs list above (post #94)? I only joined the forum today, so I can't do it myself.

Porsupah

macrumors regular
Minor update to Aperture - my earlier lack of Adjustments apparently was due to launching the previously installed version on the internal drive. After installing it afresh onto the same USB stick, it does appear to work perfectly as expected, with the caveat that it does seem to take a few seconds for the RAW adjustments panel to appear - again, that may be due to me running all of this off a fast USB stick. As such, I've updated the first post to include Aperture (3.6).

It looks like we're losing it next year though :(

View attachment 764947 View attachment 764948

Sadly so. I do still use QT7 a fair bit, for quick'n'easy transcoding of short files, or extracting specific tracks (usually a particular audio track), but so it goes. Can anyone suggest an easy alternative for track extraction? (eg an audio track of a video file)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.