Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Porsupah

macrumors regular
Anyone know if Quicktime Player 7 still works or is it finally dead?

I only hopped into Mojave and back out, but QT7 launched fine.

And answering myself, Aperture works! ^_^ It was, however, lacking all the adjustments in that pulldown[1], but I'm guessing (hoping) that was due to launching the app from its place on the rMBP's internal drive, whilst booting from a USB stick. But tweaking previous photos - NEF originals - seemed to work normally. Oddly, the RAW Fine Tuning entry seemed to be initially missing from the default set of adjustment tools, but appeared after a few more seconds of fiddling around.

[1] In the Adjustments tab, beneath the color histogram, "Add adjustment". It only contained the single entry "Quick Brushes", and nothing within that submenu either.

Reactions: BJMRamage and askme

LEoREo_2247

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2018
Audirvana Plus 3 - Working, Direct Mode still not working same as previous Sierra/High Sierra though tweak still works
Pixelmator - Working
Pixelmator Pro - Working
Skitch - Working, but Command+Shift+5 shortcut seems to be conflicting with Mojave's new shortcut for the screenshots
Skype - Working
Opera - Working
Vivaldi - Working
Bartender 3 - Not Working (Rarely works), it asks for the access to contacts on launch but nothing happens even you accept
Sketch - Working
Sip - Working
iStat Menus - Working
Contexts - Working
Screenflick - Working
Shady - Working
Transmit - Working
Boom 3D - Working
IINA - Working

Reactions: SteveAbootman

Sammypurple

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2008
Massachusetts, United States
Is Little Snitch working

Works

Little Snitch isn't working yet (as usual for the early OS betas), but the devs mentioned on Twitter that a nightly with a fix is in the works.

Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 3.31.10 PM.png

stooovie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2010
Pages, Keynote, Spotify, Evernote, FCPX, Logic and even non-updated BetterTouchTool work fine for me on 10.14b1, contrary to another users' reports.

VLC works fine.
CommanderOne too.
Pixelmator OK
Dropbox OK
Adobe CC 2018 seems to work too.

Some low-level utilities like BatteryTruth don't launch at all. Cakebrew crashes on updating/installing new formulas.

Last edited:

Old Lorenzen

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2017
Aperture is running
even fullscreen mode is working a few issues that I had in Serria is now Gone :)
and it is just a bit faster then before

Reactions: CmdrLaForge

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
Pages, Keynote, Spotify, Evernote, FCPX, Logic and even non-updated BetterTouchTool work fine for me on 10.14b1, contrary to another users' reports.

VLC works fine.
CommanderOne too.
Pixelmator OK
Dropbox OK
Adobe CC 2018 seems to work too.

Some low-level utilities like BatteryTruth don't launch at all. Cakebrew crashes on updating/installing new formulas.

thanks for the logic news...

Senseotech

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
NC
Has anybody had luck with the Microsoft OneDrive app?

On my MBA, it runs and works just fine that I can tell, but its CPU usage is pegged to 100% the entire time its running. I had to quit it to make the machine usable; added my findings to the list.

nesl247

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2008
Florida
Audirvana Plus 3 - Working, Direct Mode still not working same as previous Sierra/High Sierra though tweak still works
Pixelmator - Working
Pixelmator Pro - Working
Skitch - Working, but Command+Shift+5 shortcut seems to be conflicting with Mojave's new shortcut for the screenshots
Skype - Working
Opera - Working
Vivaldi - Working
Bartender 3 - Not Working (Rarely works), it asks for the access to contacts on launch but nothing happens even you accept
Sketch - Working
Sip - Working
iStat Menus - Working
Contexts - Working
Screenflick - Working
Shady - Working
Transmit - Working
Boom 3D - Working
IINA - Working

Bartender works. Also see https://www.macbartender.com/blog/macOS-Mojave-Beta1/.

tatsumi

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2015
PHPStorm 2018.1 crashes for me...
Hm, for me it is working just fine. What if you update to 2018.3?
Or are you maybe using some addons/plugins or something that would make it crash?
I am using PHPStorm without any plugins, except for the Laravel one.

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Fort Lauderdale, FL
A cursory glance shows Papers 3.4.16 works, although not tested in depth.

Partially, adding DOIs to article metadata is painfully slow, and although the application doesn't crash, it is VERY slow.

Last edited:

charleswong

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2012
Hi mate,

I can confirm VirtualBox DOES NOT, work, not the 5.2.12 stable release, nor the 5.2.13 test build.

I can also confirm reinstalling Mojave from scratch on a formatted drive, then making VirtualBox the first thing you install of any app, it still fails.

so we must wait for next beta or VirtualBox update?

Warhawk15

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2012
Blender 2.79b works
Blender 2.8 beta woks
Tor Browser works
Diablo 3 works
Unity works
Pixelmator works
AppCleaner works
DaisyDisk works
Brackets works
Caffeine works

Sculptris - not optimized for you Mac and needs to be updated =(

**Updated the first wiki post with these**

My Toshiba 2TB HDD isn't showing up in Finder or Disk Utility...

Last edited:

WhatYearIsThis

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2015
Lightroom and Photoshop work, tested the latest versions.

I didn't the try the rest of the cc apps, but I read on Reddit that they also work but I can't confirm that.

Anyone tried NordVPN?

Old Lorenzen

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2017
I may take the plunge if I know Aperture is safe. Might someone be able to verify it's survived another major update?
Apeture is running the even fixed full screen issues but for me it crash when I used face detection
all my plugins are working Nik, Lumniar and noise Ninja
There is no news or improvement in the Photo app so I am happy I stuck with Aperture :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.