Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MNLondon

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2009
London
Another bug.....my plugins for Vienna Symphonic Library do not work now since this crazy update, so I have had to switch back to Rosetta in order that I can do my work. Ugh!!!

Reactions: Delgibbons

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
It's really starting to show that they spent the last five+ years working on Vision Pro and the car and not focusing on their current products. Really hoping they have already re-focused and we'll start seeing results soon.
Well, they now have a new operating system, visionOS, to develop along with macOS, iOS, iPadOS, watchOS, tvOS and homeOS.

Let’s hope they really prioritize macOS, iOS and iPadOS, and then visionOS, as those are the most complex and used systems.

jslaff

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2021
14.4 totally hosed my printing from Acrobat Pro AND the Reader. Pro won't print at all, and Reader prints very lightly. When I print a PDF from Preview, though, it's perfect.

• Wow
Reactions: gusmula and jchap

Rradcircless

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2022
Thanks for sharing this, I don't really know what to do because the last time I turned off optimise Mac storage on my 256 GB MacBook Pro, it began behaving so strange, so slow and I didn't know if I would be able to fix it. It wanted me to turn optimise storage back on, that's what it took to fix it.

I just turned off iCloud sync for my MacBook, I hope they release a fix quickly.

Reactions: arkitect

StuBeck

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2008
How do you know that it's not what Apple intended? And where did you ever see a change note of iCloud behavior in the last 14 years? It's not like they documented anything at all before, when they changed the implementation 3 or more times.
Because it didn't operate this way in 14.3.1 and started in 14.4 with no announcement.

vegetassj4

macrumors 68000
Oct 16, 2014
Don’t mind me, I’m ‘just works’ing

IMG_0284.jpeg

rforno

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2017
I still say Apple can't run a reliable cloud service to save its life. MobileMe/iCloud always seemed rather kludgey and hokey compared to things like DropBox, Google, Sync.Com, or even plain old ftp and rsync -- just like their borked account name/ID consolidation (not!) and the confusion it creates, to me it has always felt like Apple cloud services are held together w/duct-tape and a prayer. I don't trust any of Apple's clouds for anything critical, and use alternative secure and more trustworthy cloud 'drives' instead.

But I agree their QA has gone waaaaaay downhill in the recent decade-plus....

DougieS

macrumors regular
May 31, 2019
MacRumors should straight up ban this trope at this point. Regardless of the buggy mess, it's the unicode consortium who sets the emoji standard, and Apple's software engineers are not sitting there doing graphic design.
Unicode Consortium set the standard, but don’t create the emojis. It’s just to say these emoji should exist so all systems can handle them.
The design itself is still down to each platform, so yes Apple are doing graphic design for the Apple systems, Google do theirs for theirs etc.
It’s why the emoji deisgns aren’t the same on android and sometimes android has missing emojis, been times I’ve sent a new emoji to android users and they’ve just seen a box.

However, yes the trope is annoying and it’s not like it’s all one person doing everything!

CarAnalogy

macrumors 601
Jun 9, 2021
Well, they now have a new operating system, visionOS, to develop along with macOS, iOS, iPadOS, watchOS, tvOS and homeOS.

Let’s hope they really prioritize macOS, iOS and iPadOS, and then visionOS, as those are the most complex and used systems.

Sadly it seems the order right now is iPad (frameworks not actual apps and interface) -> VisionOS (as extension of iPad and why iPad is first) -> iOS (business model not bug fixes and features) -> Other.

Their Mac strategy seems to be to stick iOS on top of it. And to settle on iPad as lowest common denominator target.

• Sad
Reactions: gusmula

contacos

macrumors 601
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
In my case the Scanner Pro folder with all my scans has just disappeared and I only noticed after the App would no longer load because (what I assume) it no longer could find the folder and ended up being stuck in a loop

• Wow
Reactions: gusmula

GrenadeOconnor

Suspended
Mar 11, 2024
Unicode Consortium set the standard, but don’t create the emojis. It’s just to say these emoji should exist so all systems can handle them.
The design itself is still down to each platform, so yes Apple are doing graphic design for the Apple systems, Google do theirs for theirs etc.
It’s why the emoji deisgns aren’t the same on android and sometimes android has missing emojis, been times I’ve sent a new emoji to android users and they’ve just seen a box.

However, yes the trope is annoying and it’s not like it’s all one person doing everything!
Yeah I already know all that. What you saw was "Apple isn't doing graphic design." What I said was that Apple's SOFTWARE engineers aren't doing graphic design. Apple's graphic designers are doing graphic design, and have nothing to do with the stability of Apple's operating systems.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.